JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Take the diameter of the eyepiece (in inches or convert mm to inches), divide by half, then subtract it from the centerline height the scope gives you. The number you get determines what BUIS you can get, some are smaller than others when folded down.

The only way there won't be enough room is if you want to be able to flip the rear sight up, which you wouldn't be doing with a scope on there. Or if the scope mount is too low, yours isn't too low by the looks of it.

Edit: Forgot to mention the division.

Last Edited:
Some rear sights are smaller than others. Magpul pro rear sight measures just under .4.

image.jpeg

I'll add a few things to it, such as an angled foregrip and a sling with some QD attachments.

Yeah...right..."add a few things to it"...

These things are like addictive erector sets. Since purchasing the AR I've added:

Vortex optic
Tango Down QD rear sling mount
Tango Down QD front sling mount
Harris Bipod
VLTOR picatinny rail adapter with cantilevered front section
Ergo Grips side rail covers
MagPul AFG2 forward grip
MagPul M2/M3 single point sling
Molle Range bag
Molle Rifle bag
Molle mag pouches
Magazines, Magazines and More Magazines
Ammo, Ammo, Ammo and Much More Ammo

IND%2001_zpslrvyhasv.jpg 070216%2002_zps1diirpxg.jpg 070216%2004_zpsglqdqnww.jpg 070216%2003_zpsismuzfqk.jpg 070216%2005_zpsz5fuw0zg.jpg 070216%2006_zpsjmhcsqfw.jpg 070216%2009_zpsjajfco3d.jpg

Just the way the ends are set up right now. The Tango Down rear QD sling mount assembly doesn't use a half ring, just QD mounts, and it has 3 positions for them. Looks like this:

cache_450_380_0_100_100_16777215_FC1C1512.JPG

cache_450_380_0_100_100_16777215_FC1C1515.JPG

Having two sling mounts back there plug one up at the rear of the bipod gives me something to clip both ends of the sling to and some flexibility in sling positioning. I'm still somewhat of an old skool sling guy...if there's a rifle with a sling on, and I'm using it off hand, then my arm is wrapped in the sling. Just a habit I acquired some time ago and it works for me.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top