JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've never owned an AR based rifle before but that is about to change.

I had a bit of familiarity with the M16 back in the day but I am not going to rely on that experience as a base for understanding the care and feeding of an AR.

I considered buying parts and building my own, however, my abilities in that area are non-existent due to NO experience with the platform.

So, I bought a fully assembled unit and expect to see it next week.

More info later...

Just picked it up from the LGS on the way home...literally "just" within the last hour. I have several boxes to open tonight! More later, like pics and stuff, for you all to view.

Here it is...A Ruger SR-556 Takedown:

DSC_0065_zpsdgezqtf9.jpg

DSC_0066_zps6bday71r.jpg

DSC_0072_zpsol0xtoyf.jpg

Very nice! Good selection for your first AR!

Shoot me a PM if you are interested in the laser engraving and I can give you the details and hook you up. Looks like there is plenty of room on the side of the Magwell

Dismounting the barrel is damned easy. I was very pleased with that. Fit and finish is excellent, reminds me of the old Ruger company quality. The Magpul stock and grip are nice too.

I'll add a few things to it, such as an angled foregrip and a sling with some QD attachments. I might swap out the stock if I find the Magpul that's on it doesn't give me a good cheekweld and sight picture.

I loaded up three 30 rd mags with the Caldwell MagCharger I got from JHavon tonight and that also works a lot better than the old fashioned way, i.e., with yer fingers...ouch....

Tomorrow I'll mount the optic and take a few more pics.

That is just super awesome!!!! I want one. Hmmmm, I have a varmint AR, soon to have a shorty AR pistol completed, then I need a carbine to complete muster.

SA Shooter is now Ruger Shooter!!;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads