JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think that the 12 loads with IMR4320 , 50.5 and the 165 grain bullet would have fine.
Its the others with the varying powder charge of unknown powder that really worry me...
Andy

As someone who is still a newbie reloader, I'm curious - how did you know it was 4320? Was something on the box marked, or was the look of the powder that obvious? I know there are variations in grain size, shape, etc. in different powders, but with so many on the market, can you tell just by looking?

My Gunsmith told he after he weighed out the powder.
Years of experience of looking at different smokeless powders...
I am new to smokeless reloading and yes smokeless all looks the same to me as well....

Black powder is easy for me to tell 4F-1F and sometimes who made it.
Andy

Red Dot, Green Dot, Blue Dot is easy, unless you are colour-blind. Then you basically have flake without the colouration noted above, or extruded, that looks like tiny chopped-up sections of spaghetti with a hole down the middle, and ball, that looks like - well, you have to guess. There are the dozens that look the same in each category.

The one and only fatal accident I was an ear-witness to involved cramming a .38 Spec case full of Bullseye and compressing it to load the 158gr RN bullet.

The poor old Colt revolver, a 1918 police model, actually let go after the second shot, with fragments causing fatal injuries to the bystander - a life-long friend of the shooter.

Not the wrong powder, just the wrong amount by at least eight times - according to forensic examination of the unfired cartridges.

with fragments causing fatal injuries to the bystander - a life-long friend of the shooter.

I agree with your above post, but when it involves a statement like this, there is nothing to like.

I never, ever want to be associated with anything like this.

Ugh!
I had a similar lesson several years back.
A friend inviting me shooting with a bunch of his friends. I almost didn't go because I like to know the majority of those around me when shooting, but I went anyway.
One of his buddies asked to shoot my Glock and said he brought his own ammo. Seemed like a great idea. I could be agreeable enough to share and not have to lose any of my ammo.
My extractor got chipped somehow and even after I replaced it, the gun failed to extract once every other mag or so.
Needless to say, I now have a very strict no reloads policy. Don't care who you are, how good I know you or how good your reloads are, I'm a strictly new ammo only guy for any of my firearms.
Lessons learned...:mad:

This is why I'm so afraid of spending the money on reload equipment I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but I can see myself blowing myself up because I used the wrong powder LOL SIGNED still not reloading and still alive HEHEH

Thanks Boboclown... I do appreciate the thought...but you all had nothing to do with deed.
So thanks ... but maybe some well wishes on good luck in finding a replacement gun instead,,,:D
Andy

Well hell you all want give away money send it my way there is this really nice BLACK EAGLE III THAT I WANT IT'S ONLY $2000 LOL GO FUND ME

That would have been nice... but its too far gone and I will have my smith part it out.
I 'm keeping my eye out for a replacement ... Might not even be an 03A3 ... A JM marked 336 in .30-30 would fill my modern rifle needs or a Sears & Roebuck model 50 in .30-06 "like the one that got away"...:D
Andy
Well good luck Andy. I'm hoping that your smith or maybe even @Velzey can help you fix it.

Your not as nice as Andy :s0140:

J/K EPS :D
Oh come on ask Andy he met me in person I'm only a A$$hole on the internet LOL 7625.gif

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top