JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
She's (Orman) selling you on the (fake) horror.

Let it go man. Let it go. Suzy wants you to worry about the world, but we only need to worry about ourselves, ie, you and yours. You don't need to worry about me. You don't have to worry about my kids. You don't have to worry about my brother, or his kids. Or my mom. or my moms brother. We're all good.

Orman is making it out like it's a zombie horror story right outside of your window. Don't buy it man. Don't. If you do a good enough job worrying about yerself and getting that fixed up good, you'll most likely also be able to help a few of the less fortunate.

My thought is to don't buy other peoples bull***only. That s** is way overpriced.

Good luck

Last Edited:
Oh, as an aside, today I took off half a day to go play. Walked right out the door of work (gave them the heads up yesterday this might occur and the weather cooperated) and climbed my bubblegum off and had a great time. I own my own business and we have no debt. Now as far as your objections to debt. My debt isn't your business but I can see it worries you. Needlessly so.

Our house is paid off, no loan.
My car is paid off.
My truck is paid off.
My business partners car is paid off.
My wifes car is paid off.
My brothers car is paid off.
My brothers daughters car is paid off.
My brothers house is paid off.
My son is saving $scratch like no ones business, he just bought at 2010 Ford F-150 for $7500 at auction and he paid cash. His other car is paid off -ie no loan. His girlfriends car is also paid off. She's still in college. Working to pay for that, not borrowing.

We all work for a living, no one has given us anything. For years and years I'd take my lunch so dave money. I didn't buy $5 mochas, ever. I saved and saved. My wife, even more so. My brother and I are helping my mom live in a luxury place with a 5 star view. I attribute part of this to automation and part to luck. The other part is just hard work. You only need to worry about yourself. If we all do just that, when crunch time hits, we'll all be able to help others in need. Until then, just cause someone has a sign saying "God bless you" and are standing by the freeway offramp, they won't get a dime from me.

We work hard and we play hard. If I want to go F off for the day and I do so frequently, that's my business. I'm not asking you to cover for me. You don't have to worry about us. You don't have to worry about your neighbor. You only have to worry about yourself that is, you and yours. That's all.

PS, I'm taking a 4 day weekend this weekend. I put it out there, wandering in the woods alone, near lost so many times. Coming home beyond exhaustion. But you only have to worry about yerself. Not me.

My thoughts is that if I do a good enough job taking care of me and mine, hopefully I have enough that giving some to those who are truly in need is available.

Last Edited:
Oh, as an aside, today I took off half a day to go play. Walked right out the door of work (gave them the heads up yesterday this might occur and the weather cooperated) and climbed my bubblegum off and had a great time. I own my own business and we have no debt. Now as far as your objections to debt. My debt isn't your business but I can see it worries you. Needlessly so.

Our house is paid off, no loan.
My car is paid off.
My truck is paid off.
My business partners car is paid off.
My wifes car is paid off.
My brothers car is paid off.
My brothers daughters car is paid off.
My brothers house is paid off.
My son is saving $scratch like no ones business, he just bought at 2010 Ford F-150 for $7500 at auction and he paid cash. His other car is paid off -ie no loan. His girlfriends car is also paid off. She's still in college. Working to pay for that, not borrowing.

We all work for a living, no one has given us anything. For years and years I'd take my lunch so dave money. I didn't buy $5 mochas, ever. I saved and saved. My wife, even more so. My brother and I are helping my mom live in a luxury place with a 5 star view. I attribute part of this to automation and part to luck. The other part is just hard work. You only need to worry about yourself. If we all do just that, when crunch time hits, we'll all be able to help others in need. Until then, just cause someone has a sign saying "God bless you" and are standing by the freeway offramp, they won't get a dime from me.

We work hard and we play hard. If I want to go F off for the day and I do so frequently, that's my business. I'm not asking you to cover for me. You don't have to worry about us. You don't have to worry about your neighbor. You only have to worry about yourself that is, you and yours. That's all.

PS, I'm taking a 4 day weekend this weekend. I put it out there, wandering in the woods alone, near lost so many times. Coming home beyond exhaustion. But you only have to worry about yerself. Not me.
just because you are 100% debt free doesnt mean other people are....

there are plenty of people out there who are unemployed and leeching off the system.

hell, dont take my word for it. go up to a few pan handlers in Tigard area and tell them if they are interested in a job. im willing to bet my left nut they will run away. a buddy of mine who is school bus driver went up to these scumbags asking if they would like a job, and they all ran away. they just dont want to work

Not me,... I'm broke.
Been that way for 8+ years. But I have no debt.
Cashed in the initial investment from two retirement funds I paid into back in the 80s and 90s. The financial management company (ING) didn't even want to deal with them anymore.
They both crashed in '08 and all that was guaranteed was the original contributions. All the interest/earnings (20+ years worth in one case) evaporated into thin air.

Next year I'll claim my SS, and probably work all I'm allowed to, for the rest of my days, while living frugally.
Good times, when you don't give a sh!t what your credit score looks like.

At 67 things are so-so here but not to damn bad either.

No bills, good cars and trucks and I have all the toys and necessities anyone could ever want already,,,,and have had for years. My good old Yankee/Abanaki ancestors taught me well. Well,,,that and I've always kinda spoiled myself just a little bit! I have a weakness for all kinds of "neat toys",,,,,Kids Ya Know.

My Grand Parents and folks all had gardens and livestock, canned, smoked meat, hunted , fished ,put up libations ect,,, ect and I've done pretty much the same other than raising livestock. I just don't have the room or time to fuss with that part. It takes up to much of my life that I'd rather be spending fussing with my hot rods, 4 wheeling, hunting, fishing and just plain dubbing off! Retirement Life is good if you plan ahead, there's no doubt I had to bust bubblegum when I was younger to get here though !! That's for DAMN sure!

Hell I've done pretty well though, I've got well over 1 1/2 years worth of chow not counting my freeze dried stuff ,a dozen 55 barrels of purified water, plenty of fuel plus any other damn piece of survival/camping/ hunting gear you could possibly think of put up and had set bucks and other commodities ahead for the future too. Overall if bubblegum fell apart tomorrow , I'd be just fine for quite some time.

I've had time to get this all accomplished in the last few years after a serious fall in 2006 that put me into retirement and gave me lots of excess time. I really screwed up my neck , shoulder and crushed a bunch of nerves. Ya it's a bubblegum doing stuff sometimes but I learned how to let good tools do the majority of the work for me. The old work smarter not harder thingy. Sadly it takes me 10 times longer to get anything accomplished now though and that can be downright aggravating!!! Worst part of all, all those dandy big bore guns I've collected over the last 50 years are pretty much safe queens nowadays,,BUT they sure are fun to fondle and tinker with still !!!:) Plus I think I'm all caught up on all those 5 gal buckets of brass that needed reloading forever,,you don't even want to know how may rounds I have now,, I'll just say it's WAY MORE THAN SUFFICIENT!! Even for a small Army,,,,,

All this spare time is good! I'm getting 25 years of put off projects accomplished now, finally!

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top