JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Abortion Stops A Beating Heart
Gun Control Stops A Thinking Brain

Don't Like Guns?
Don't Have One

Keep Your Laws
Off of My Rights

Support a Women's Right
To Choose To Fight Back

Liberals Kill
1.2 Million Americans A Year
With scalpels and vacuums

Liberals!
Don't Knock Gun Suicide
Until After You've Tried One

If Obama Had A Son
He'd shoot your toddler in the face

Newtown Victims'
Blood Dancing Contest
4/4/13 Salem, OR

Disarm the USS
Gabrielle Giffords
Before our Enemies Get Hurt

Please give even more offensive ones if you can.

do not say anything about liberals, because there may be a few that support 2nd amendment...

When I was younger, I probably was a liberal, but as I matured, I grew into seeing things more clearly.

Let us not push the young folks away that may be our biggest asset. They'll get the picture if the right folks help them focus.

Just help them to focus.

These are what I had printed up for one of the past rallies;

It's Not About Guns.
It's About Control

Guns Save
Lives

Don't Turn Law Abiding
Citizens Into Criminals

Control Crime,
Not Guns

Support the
2nd Amendment

Gun Control =
More Crime

I carry because
I love my family

Because I love freedom

Because I love the U.S.A.

Because God said so!

.22s are not just for chickens
their also good for squirrels.

Criminals are for gun control

Criminals support gun control

Pro-Gun, because I
care about people.

No thanks. Liberals are uniformly the gun grabbers in Oregon. It's pretty indisputable.

While this statement is true, the strategy to attack liberals is a poor one.

Like any debate, there are those who are vehemently for it, those vehemently against it, and a whole bunch of people who are undecided, uninformed, and in the middle. It is our job to intelligently inform those in the middle. The facts and common sense are on our side. There is no reason to sink to the offensive name calling level that the other side goes too.

There is actually reason NOT to go that route. Many of the people who are undecided either consider themselves to be liberals, or have friends that are considered to be liberals. You're offensive signs do not encourage anyone to stop and think about the facts of the case... instead it just makes us look like a bunch of bubblegums who are attacking their friends.

And who wants to side with that?

A Conservative Republican friend of mine once told me, "If you're not a liberal in your youth, then you're heartless. If you're not a conservative as an adult then you're senseless."

I just think it's better to present a sensible argument using the indisputable facts rather than name calling and finger pointing.

The AR15 is my musket of choice.

Stop creating criminals.
Punish the ones you have.

If the shape of my gun offends you stop staring.

I love a lady with curves (with a picture of a wheel gun).

It's pronounced R-I-GHT!

All guns are created equally and shouldn't be judged by their color.

This is the most dangerous thing in schools. (Shows a picture of a gun-free zone sign).

That's all I got until I have more coffee.

I have to agree with Vantage. We're entering the end game for this legislative session so I believe we need to sharpen our game and be specific and smart. Getting into the gutter only confuses the issue. Remember the old warning about wrestling with pigs because people won't be able to tell the difference!

Be specific about the proposed bills in both the house and senate. Turning schools into killing fields and forcing the elderly, women, and handicapped to retreat before resisting are two of the big ones right now. I'm thinking there will be more focused attention on the issues since public hearings are scheduled and workgroups assigned.

Like any debate, there are those who vehemently for it, those vehemently against it, and a whole bunch of people who are undecided, uninformed, and in the middle. It is our job to intelligently inform those in the middle. The facts and common sense are on our side. There is no reason to sink to the offensive name calling level that the other side goes too.

There is actually reason NOT to go that route. Many of the people who are undecided either have friends that consider themselves to be liberals, or have friends that are considered to be liberals. You're offensive signs do not encourage anyone to stop and think about the facts of the case... instead it just makes us look like a bunch of bubblegums who are attacking their friends.

And who wants to side with that?

A Conservative Republican friend of mine once told me, "If you're not a liberal in your youth, then you're heartless. If you're not a conservative as an adult then you're senseless."

I just think it's better to present a sensible argument using the indisputable facts rather than name calling and finger pointing.

Correct - work on the undecided. Folks who have already made up their minds won't be convinced one way or the other. It's important to present yourself as reasonable as possible. The press would so love to portray you as a fringe nut. They will do their best regardless, so don't make it easy for them.

For me, I'd focus my message on how disarming law abiding citizens will make it harder on criminals to victimize women and children is supposed to work.

These are what I had printed up for one of the past rallies;

It's Not About Guns.
It's About Control

Guns Save
Lives

Don't Turn Law Abiding
Citizens Into Criminals

Control Crime,
Not Guns

Support the
2nd Amendment

Gun Control =
More Crime

These would be good on a sign. The others are way too extreme and offensive in my opinion.
You want to send a message about supporting the second amendment, not alienating possible supporters no matter what party they belong to, who they voted for or bringing up a mass shooting.

As much fun as it might seem to be with some of the comments, I'd have to agree with the above posters about making friends, not enemies or saying something that will probably inflame an undecided, or uneducated voter to turn against us. "you catch more flies with honey than vinegar".

Here's some of mine:
"concept of gun-control: a 95-lb woman can successfully fist-fight a 200lb rapist"

"spoons made me fat. Ban Spoons"

Rushed law is bad law, even when it's "for the children."

I support ALL the amendments.

"gun-free zone" signs don't fight back

CC exists to deter criminals
Don't make CC a crime.

From your original list I like the below. The rest would probably provoke a distraction debate, or end up on the cover of the Oregonian with a picture of Burdick pointing and a quote "see I told you they are extremists". I'd like to not give them that ammo myself.

Don't Like Guns?
Don't Have One

Keep Your Laws
Off of My Rights

Support a Women's Right
To Choose To Fight Back

I agree. While there are a lot of issues were it is easy to peg which side a person is on, gun control is not one of them. That's why it isn't a slam-dunk for Obama and Bloomberg. It cut's across a completely different political line than, say welfare or immigration reform. Meaning that there are a fair number of democrats AND liberals out there (and probably on this forum) who support the 2A. Ironically, I find a lot of them feeling the need to "stay in the closet" regarding this one issue.

Like this one (he's got some other good videos as well, like 'War of the Words' and 'Choose your own crime statistics') An NRA member AND ACLU member :confused:

zzzzAssault-Rifle-Because-I-Am-Black.jpg

zzzzAssault-Rifle-Because-I-Am-Black.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews