JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here's the story:

Have worn carheart jeans for going on 17 years now.

I switched because I was wearing out Levi's and wranglers every year.

I have carhearts that have held up too heavy use for 3+ years and am happy with sticking with them.

However, I'm curious if there are better pants (cargo cut is preferred) like the 5.11 or another brand.

I can get carhearts for under $35-40 and don't want to spend a ton more but would like something that won't fall apart while wearing a 1911 and 2 mags on my belt.

ALSO, most of the nice gun belts won't fit in the loops on my jeans so I'm stuck wearing sub par belts.

I wouldn't mind some suggestions on belts either;).

Thanks, Y'all :cool:.

Carhartt makes some very good cargo pants that are very comparable to 5.11/Underarmor namebrand stuff without paying the premium pricetag.

Amazon.com: Carhartt Men's Cotton Ripstop Relaxed Fit Work Pant: Casual Pants: Clothing

I use these to teach on the range and for Defensive Tactics. Usually all those hyped up Propper/MilSpec brands blow out the crotch when I squat or tear out the knees and aren't truly rip-stop in any sense of the word, but these are. They're listed as "construction" pants and I love them. They will shrink a bit in the wash due to the cotton/poly blend so I recommend getting one size bigger just for that purpose.

I wish LOL. I can find inseam's of 36 all day problem is you add the waist and It gets tough. waist is a 44 and a 46 is I want room to carry IWB:eek:

I feel your pain. Once upon a time I wore 36" inseam pants (mostly because my inseam ran closer to 35", and 34's looked like high waters) and had a hell of a time finding them. You can get 36" inseams, but they always seemed to be for beanpole guys - not a problem when I was a 36x36 - but when the belly began to grow, I couldn't find pants with any regularity after going above 40" waist.

I gave up and went to 34" inseams on non-tailored pants, and tend to stick to higher cut shoes and boots so it doesn't look as stupid :rolleyes: I still don't have much luck finding off the shelf pants in a 34 inseam above a 42" waist, again "Big & Tall" really means "tall & skinny" or "short & fat" - not many options for tall fat guys. Amazon has been my friend.

The thing I like about the 5.11 pants, the way they are cut, 34's look fine on me when I wear normal low top shoes (which is rare) - the extra crotch room they have is nice. I used to wear Dickie's a lot, and if they make a cargo pant, I'd buy some - I liked my dickies. I just got tired of having a sore butt and back pain from sitting on my wallet all day.

I do have some other cargo pants in rotation for dirty jobs, or "woods pants" - Columbia Sportswear, Cabela's, Wrangler - Propper BDU type pants - none are as comfy as the 5.11's, but the Columbias are as rugged. I've got some of their canvas / cotton duck cargos that I've had for years, beat the crap out of, and they're still going strong. They're stained up and have epoxy spots on them now from when I built my boat - so they're beater pants, but they're still good.

Wifey wears mens Dickie's. You can get them online in many more styles and sizes than in stores, cheaper too.

Carhartt makes some very good cargo pants that are very comparable to 5.11/Underarmor namebrand stuff without paying the premium pricetag.

Amazon.com: Carhartt Men's Cotton Ripstop Relaxed Fit Work Pant: Casual Pants: Clothing

I use these to teach on the range and for Defensive Tactics. Usually all those hyped up Propper/MilSpec brands blow out the crotch when I squat or tear out the knees and aren't truly rip-stop in any sense of the word, but these are. They're listed as "construction" pants and I love them. They will shrink a bit in the wash due to the cotton/poly blend so I recommend getting one size bigger just for that purpose.

Those are sharp looking pants, i like the pocket locations.

Looks like if I want anything better then im wearing now them I'm going to have to go into the $50 range.

Well this thread has been very helpful.

Unfortunately, there have been so many great suggestions that I may end up with a pair of each kind and wear them for a year before I land on what I like the best:D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top