JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Those are pretty cool:cool: and priced well:).

I've been experimenting with belts that would be suitable for CC.
I've got this one, which I like and it's decent for only 12.99
Double layer and 5 rows of stitching just like the more expensive belts.
Fairly stiff as well, which is needed for carrying weight.
However, it is not a true reversible due to the buckle type not being a 180 style....I never use the black side.
Propper 180 Reversible Belt
View attachment 342727

The other one that I really like is this one....says non-reinforced which means no metal or non-metallic stiffener sewn in. This is a pretty stiff belt designed to carry some weight.
The alloy buckle is very good.
Galco Nylon Instructors Belt 1.5" (Non-Reinforced)
View attachment 342728

Thanks for the links to the belts - I really need something that is easy to adjust so those both look great:cool:

Thanks for the links to the belts - I really need something that is easy to adjust so those both look great:cool:
I can't find any love for IWB carry.
Does not feel right to me and it seems that I would have to go to a larger pant/belt to make it all work.
Having said that, I did buy an additional Propper belt in the next size up in case I want to give IWB another go.

50s-class-nerd-costume.jpg

I wear the wrangler workwear cargos found at bimart. Tough pants and go on sale frequently. Seems like around $30.
All I wear any more. Plus they come in big boy sizes.
Comfy but double front so maybe a little warm in the summer.
They do drag on my thighs when they start hanging down while working. But most pants do. Anyway they're my go to pants now.

So I tried these:
Wrangler® RIGGS Workwear® Ripstop Ranger Pant | Wrangler

They have reinforced (extra layer) knees and other reinforcements and they deflect thorns/briars (so far). The loops are much larger than my jeans. They seem pretty tough and heavy duty to me.

Only kind of work pants I buy anymore. Lighter than the Carharts and Duluth work pants I used to wear, and the ripstop keeps the occasional cut or tear from getting out of control. Comfortable all day.

I only own two belts: one black, one brown; both 1.5" Alien Gear gun belts. I like heavy duty belts that are so plain they never draw a close look from anyone.

+1 to 5.11--I practically live in 'em. Not out of Ubertacticool Mall Ninja-ness, but because I find them both comfortable and durable, and give me a bit more professional appearance than Carhartt/Dickies etc. (The hidden pockets are nice too, as are all the convenient spots to clip hidden-in-plain-sight shanks.)

Try having a 40+-inch waist but only a 29" inseam sometime... LOL

Well at least you can always shorten a longer pant...not that it's convenient. My problem is that I have a 34" waist and a 35"-36" inseam. No way to make a shorter pant longer. I have a hell of a time finding pants that fit. :rolleyes:

Of course the other problem is that clothing companies are just absolutely insane with their sizing these days. Used to be you could count on a pair of 34" pants fitting the same from one brand to the next. Hell, half the time you can't even count on two identically sized garments from the SAME company, fitting the same. :mad:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top