JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My problem is finding the waist size that goes along with a 36" inseem. you can find one or the other bot not both:(

I've had to get longer inseams and then have the pant legs hemed to the correct length. It's an added cost but you can find places that do it for a very reasonable price.

I've found the best type of new pants are..........short pants, also known as shorts:)

shorts.jpg

Geeze Joe, were gonna need to have a "Fashion" forum now aren't we?

I've been wearing the same size 501 shrink-to-fits for many years now. Matter of fact, I have exactly two pairs of Dockers, one cargo and one slack type cargo. Been wearing the 501s for so long I can't stand any other pant.

Grown men talking about stretch pants. What's the world coming to!?

My street/office jeans were too light for wearing in the brush; they would wear out fast and any thorns/briars would go right through them. I didn't want to wear my Carhartt bibs because they are insulated and too hot in the summer.

So I tried these:

Wrangler® RIGGS Workwear® Ripstop Ranger Pant | Wrangler

They have reinforced (extra layer) knees and other reinforcements and they deflect thorns/briars (so far). The loops are much larger than my jeans. They seem pretty tough and heavy duty to me.

I found them in Bimart who has a sale on them from time to time, but I got more pairs from Working Person's (online) because Bimart only carried a 30" inseam for my waist size and I need a 32" inseam.

I intend to apply a "tin cloth" (oilskin) to the pants to make them water resistant and even tougher.

YMMV
Another vote for these. (I'm a 501 refugee).
Much more comfortable than 501's...no more "cutting" behind the knee when working low.
I wear the Carpenter version which is similar to what's under the above link.
Bimart puts them on sale often.
Warning : actual waist sizing will vary within the same marked size.
I always bring one of those little seamstress-type tape measures to check before I buy.
These pants wear like iron.

Riggs.jpg

Last Edited:
Here's the story:
Have worn carheart jeans for going on 17 years now.
I switched because I was wearing out Levi's and wranglers every year.
I have carhearts that have held up too heavy use for 3+ years and am happy with sticking with them.
However, I'm curious if there are better pants (cargo cut is preferred) like the 5.11 or another brand.
I can get carhearts for under $35-40 and don't want to spend a ton more but would like something that won't fall apart while wearing a 1911 and 2 mags on my belt.
ALSO, most of the nice gun belts won't fit in the loops on my jeans so I'm stuck wearing sub par belts.
I wouldn't mind some suggestions on belts either;).
Thanks, Y'all :cool:.
Carhart are too stiff for me and it takes forever for them to soften up. I noticed at the end of the day my legs were worn out humping stairs and ladders while wearing those. So no more.

The best I have found for me are Wrangler Competition 20X
They are a bit expensive at ~$50 but nice enough for both work and clubbing on Saturday night..lol
Wrangler® 20X® 01 Competition Jean | Wrangler

I know the guys at JH Kelly and Charter Mechanical are wearing these nowadays tho.
<broken link removed>

If you carry a lighter weapon and purchase a nice 1-1/4'' heavy leather belt and a light holster you can ware any brand of paints you wish and no one will be the wiser.
They make it hammer less -
Taurus 85 Ultra-Lite .38 Spl+P 2

Lite+.38+Spl%2BP+2+Matte+SS+Titanium
TOTAL TITANIUM MODEL 85 .38 SPL. REVOLVER

ULTRA-LITE TITANIUM MODEL 85 .38 SPL. REVOLVER WITH CONCEALED HAMMER

I am sure you can do better on the price.
Model 340 PD | Smith & Wesson

<broken link removed>

Starting at a mere 11.2 ounces and getting heavier Taurus with a lifetime guarentee was only 13 ounces as I recall.

Nice carry and enough to get a guy out of most of life's problems, never knowing yourself that you are armed until the day comes you need it . Carry every day with comfort.
Silver Hand

Last Edited:
Carhart are too stiff for me and it takes forever for them to soften up. I noticed at the end of the day my legs were worn out humping stairs and ladders while wearing those. So no more.

The best I have found for me are Wrangler Competition 20X
They are a bit expensive at ~$50 but nice enough for both work and clubbing on Saturday night..lol
Wrangler® 20X® 01 Competition Jean | Wrangler

Gut's too big for a buckle like that:p.

Some cargo or side leg pockets are pretty much a must have for me.

I can't get to my knife sitting down if it's clipped in the front top right pocket. Clipped to a side right pocket and I can grab it sitting or standing.

If you carry a lighter weapon and purchase a nice 1-1/4'' heavy leather belt and a light holster you can ware any brand of paints you wish and no one will be the wiser.
They make it hammer less -
Taurus 85 Ultra-Lite .38 Spl+P 2

Lite+.38+Spl%2BP+2+Matte+SS+Titanium
TOTAL TITANIUM MODEL 85 .38 SPL. REVOLVER

ULTRA-LITE TITANIUM MODEL 85 .38 SPL. REVOLVER WITH CONCEALED HAMMER

I am sure you can do better on the price.
Model 340 PD | Smith & Wesson

<broken link removed>

Starting at a mere 11.2 ounces and getting heavier

I might consider that if I had the scratch for a new gun.

Unfortunately, I'm still unemployed (didn't get that job I was recently hoping to get, made the short list though so one of these days...) and the wife's covering the bills but not much more as she has only recently started a new job.

Also, I'm pretty comfortable with the 1911 I have, just need some pants and a belt that will hold it better without braking loops.

1911 is not a thing my back my back would tolerate every day. Great confidence builder! I love the weapon and fully understand being broke.

I wish for a few more rounds and hope my five little friends do there job if ever they get deployed.
Silver Hand

I've been experimenting with belts that would be suitable for CC.
I've got this one, which I like and it's decent for only 12.99
Double layer and 5 rows of stitching just like the more expensive belts.
Fairly stiff as well, which is needed for carrying weight.
However, it is not a true reversible due to the buckle type not being a 180 style....I never use the black side.
Propper 180 Reversible Belt
propper-180-reversible-belt-1.gif

The other one that I really like is this one....says non-reinforced which only means no metal or non-metallic stiffener sewn in. This is a pretty stiff belt designed to carry some weight.
The alloy buckle is very good.
Galco Nylon Instructors Belt 1.5" (Non-Reinforced)
galco-nylon-instructors-belt-1-5-non-reinforced-14.gif

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews