JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think even a cheapie will help you out as long as you get close to the weight and length of yours.
That being said, nothing beats the real thing.
I got hooked on butterfly knives when I saw a Jackie Chan movie called The Big Brawl. After that, Uncle Sugar sent me the the PI for a bit. Between those two, I has HOOKED!
Bought my first really good quality one at a show in Las Vegas back in the early days of butterfly's.
It was a Balisong brand, they became Pacific Cutlery, and ultimately became Benchmade. As a really cool bonus, there was a guy there that would give you a short block of instruction on how to do the basics. I didn't realize until right before I was ready to leave that this guy was the (near) legendary Dave Inosanto.

Spent a lot of time on reviews and forums…

Decided to go with the Nabalis Vulp. It's a collaboration designed specially for new flippers and to compete with the knockoff copies all over Amazon.

As far as I can tell it has features of much more expensive trainers and mine came straight out of the box tuned so it moves smooth as butter.

Zen pins, bushing/washer and in channel aluminum handles. Grippy where you would want it and no hot spots I've found just dinking around with it.

Very very fidgety even if you don't want an actual balisong I can certainly see the appeal of owning one of these just to play with.

Comes in a few colors so I went with green cuz I liked it the best.

Also, included in the package was a full set of extra bushings, washers, torx bits, loctite and a small vial of their preferred knife Lube.

$65 but the other trainers with the same features I looked at were all $100-$140+ so I thought this was worth the gamble.

Has an integrated bottle opener if that's your thing lol.

Also, there is a lot of videos from the makers as well as replacement part kits so it is sustainable and not a throwaway once it's worn out, which was a major bonus for me.

Nabalis Vulp Bushing Systerm 6061 Aluminum Integral Channel Handle Zen Pins Stainless Steel Bottle Opener https://a.co/d/i8BnwD6

E4A06291-EA95-4755-BFD0-0BF3ED74EE55.png

Spent a lot of time on reviews and forums…

Decided to go with the Nabalis Vulp. It's a collaboration designed specially for new flippers and to compete with the knockoff copies all over Amazon.

As far as I can tell it has features of much more expensive trainers and mine came straight out of the box tuned so it moves smooth as butter.

Zen pins, bushing/washer and in channel aluminum handles. Grippy where you would want it and no hot spots I've found just dinking around with it.

Very very fidgety even if you don't want an actual balisong I can certainly see the appeal of owning one of these just to play with.

Comes in a few colors so I went with green cuz I liked it the best.

Also, included in the package was a full set of extra bushings, washers, torx bits, loctite and a small vial of their preferred knife Lube.

$65 but the other trainers with the same features I looked at were all $100-$140+ so I thought this was worth the gamble.

Has an integrated bottle opener if that's your thing lol.

Also, there is a lot of videos from the makers as well as replacement part kits so it is sustainable and not a throwaway once it's worn out, which was a major bonus for me.

Nabalis Vulp Bushing Systerm 6061 Aluminum Integral Channel Handle Zen Pins Stainless Steel Bottle Opener https://a.co/d/i8BnwD6

View attachment 1348891
Great find! I always have a knife at my desk, even when we were working on site. I've been a figeter for as long as there have been balisongs and yo-yos.

I've saved that knife in my cart for later when I have some cash back available.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top