JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which one is the best

• Total voters
7F4574F9-918C-4BE7-B618-6944AAE2C249.jpeg There are several adaquate 1911's but none better than the original Colt. Mine are all hand fit, I have used them for 50 years without a failure or being bested at the range by any other brand. Most other brands are simply eyewash to take money from the pocket of uneducated consumers.

Wow!! What a sad commentary on S&W that they can't hold a candle to Ruger or SA in an informal poll and the comments. Not that anyone says anything bad about them, but that so few say anything about them at all. Not an S&W fan myself, but still a shame to see them regarded as mediocre.:(:(

I've been looking for the right 1911 for months now. When faced with so many options, I start to over think and it's overwhelming. I have a hard time picking a movie on TV, so choosing a 1911 is a monumental task for my OCD. I can't decide between 10mm and 45 either. I'd be gung-ho 10 if 45s subsonic speed wasn't better for suppression. I gave up shopping for one. I am going on the hope that the right one will present itself eventually, and I'll know it when I see it. Good luck!

I've been looking for the right 1911 for months now. When faced with so many options, I start to over think and it's overwhelming. I have a hard time picking a movie on TV, so choosing a 1911 is a monumental task for my OCD. I can't decide between 10mm and 45 either. I'd be gung-ho 10 if 45s subsonic speed wasn't better for suppression. I gave up shopping for one. I am going on the hope that the right one will present itself eventually, and I'll know it when I see it. Good luck!
Answer is both. If you get the .45, you'll want a 10. If you get the 10, you'll want the .45. o_O

Answer is both. If you get the .45, you'll want a 10. If you get the 10, you'll want the .45. o_O
Exactly what I was thinking... but I only want 1 really good 1911(for now). and if I get it in 10(probably a Colt Delta Elite)then I'd get a less expensive, higher capacity 45 suppressor host.. or do I get a 45 1911 with a threaded barrel and a Less expensive, higher capacity 10.. like a glock 20 or an EAA witness?!:confused:
Suppressor, a Silencerco Hybrid that will make either/both hearing safe, has only been in jail for a couple months...so I've got a while to decide.

Obviously. but in which order? I can only get one or two past the wife at a time. And the $3gs + id spend on 4 pistols could get me that Armalite bolt .50 I've been drooling over. oh, but then I'd need glass.. and a 1911.
I hate this stupid gun addiction.

COLT! Nothing like the real thing if your a purest! If it's performance you seek, then..................Colt Gold Cup, or National Match!
If it's for carry duty, Kimber Eclipse, if it's a cheep toy, Ruger of RIA!

Always go for the original Rampant Pony... Carry guns should be, in my opinion, those you wouldn't mind rusting away on an evidence room shelf... You know, should you ever need to utilize it in self defense...

Plan and spend accordingly...

I have a few Kimbers (compact stainless, classic stainless) that were range guns and a compact aluminum stainless as a gift for my dad i picked up about 20 years ago in bakersfield. I know i put a good 10 -15 thousand down the compact stainless and have never had any issues. I also got a springfield 1911 A-1 "loaded" at that same time and put probably 5 thousand rounds through it, in the first thousand i had a few issues but nothing big and it smoothed out just fine.

my advice would be to see if you can borrow someones and see what one shoots better for you and then get that one.
That would be a great idea but I don't know anyone else in my area that shoots

I have owned several 1911s over the past 30 years. 4-Colts, SA, RIA, Kimber and Para.
My vote is for the Ruger. Several noticeable improvements.
1. Plunger tube one piece with the frame not staked on like everyone else.
2. Titanium firing pin pases the "drop test" without the 'series 80' firing pin
safety parts that adds to trigger pull weight.
3. The aluminum frame guns have a titanium insert in the feed ramp
to prevent damage to the frame.
4. They are an accurate shooting pistol.
5. Ruger warranty second to none.

Para Ordnance, any of the good double stacks Pre-Remington made, and Non Canadian. The P16-.45 is a Gem, and the P16-.40 is super slick, AND, you can convert the .40 to 10 mm auto. Para did their home work and built some fine pistols!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top