JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which one is the best

• Total voters
I voted for the Ruger. Have an SR1911 and just got an SR1911CT with Crimson Trace grips. Better triggers than any of Jeannie's Kimbers, less picky on ammo, just as accurate if not more so, and half the price. What's not to like??

This all depends on how much money you want to spend lol I looked at DAN WESSON but the one I like is 2000 bucks so I found a used KIMBER i like it but for new ones you still over 1000 bucks you didn't say a price range

This all depends on how much money you want to spend lol I looked at DAN WESSON but the one I like is 2000 bucks so I found a used KIMBER i like it but for new ones you still over 1000 bucks you didn't say a price range

That right there is the main thing that makes the choice. How much cash someone wants to lay out. Remington is making some damn nice looking ones these days too. They are again offering a C note rebate on one of them again. Everything made these days works or can be made to work. Most are more accurate than most shooters. If I ever hit the lotto I will of course have to buy at least one high end one. Ed Brown makes some that make me drool. In my hands it will do nothing the 2 Springfield's I have now will do any better. Still will have to have one. STI makes those double stack ones that also have me really thinking about pulling the trigger on one of them. Will not even have to win the lotto for one of them :) When I walk in a gun shop the first place I always go is the counter where the 1911's are. Normally the last place I walk past one more time on the way out too, just for one last look :)

I found this at a pawn shop 800 bucks was not used much I put the grips on it the only thing I changed it shoots great no problems oh yeah I put the extended slide release on it Kimber TACTICAL CUSTOM HD II . MVIMG_20171121_112342.jpg also got a few mags with it

Last Edited:
Since the question asked is "which one is the best", with no particular models specified, I had to choose SA.
If the question is "which would you buy" and a specific model called out, I may have voted Ruger.

Kimbers are just too fragile. I have had one break at 15k rounds, and a buddy of mine has broken 3 of them all beyond repair around 40-50k rounds. My vote depending on budget it would be the Springfield. If you don't know what you want exactly in a 1911 go with the cheapwe one like ruger or rock island armory. Then you can shoot it and find what you like and either build it or buy it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top