JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Another vote for Bulldog, went with plate and mechanical because electronics never fail. Note that they are located in Warren which is between St. Helens and Scappoose, PDX suburbs, and not in Warrenton.

Size aside, you need a budget.

Digital or analog dial?

Can you get it where you want it etc.

A combination lock would be my first choice for a gun safe although it takes longer to open. I know they make gun safes with both a digital and combination lock so you can into a safe when the electronic lock goes bad. I am not sure if electronic locks are EMP proof or not either.

Since you didn't mention budget, American Security has some safes in the $2-3k range that are fantastic. That is about the entry level for a safe. Everything else is a cabinet.

A real safe doesn't have sheetrock in it, it has a welded chamber filled with a fire hardened concrete. That's what I'd get if I had the money (I have a Liberty Colonial 64 ;)).

Whatever you get, get an analog lock.

I have a liberty and two real commercial safes. My advice is buy the biggest safe you can afford, they dont hold anywhere close to what they claim...unless every rifle you own is a hunting style bolt action without a scope haha.

Be aware gun safes act like antenna/accumulators and you're likely to become overcome with various 'gun stuff' far more rapidly than you anticipate...
Yep - bought a 20 gun safe this fall, the sucker's already stuffed.

Check Costal Farm, they carry Liberty as well and may have some deals with Christmas pending...
Met two guys who said that Coastal has an outrageous safe sale on Superbowl day.
They bought bought theirs then.

Unless your safe weighs 1,000 lbs or more, bolt it down. Even if it weighs 2 tons, you should still bolt it down.

There's a nice National Security safe in Silverton for $550.00 on Craigslist.

00y0y_hVZcoO9uMeM_600x450.jpg

00V0V_gmrnfCjP5kb_600x450.jpg

Last Edited:
Went to bulldog today on the way home from work. He had a nice safe, I think 40cf for a little over $2000 delivered and bolted down. I liked the service out there.

52F99F3D-9058-43B8-833D-B1FF59A8F9C2.jpeg
I looked at several companies and went with Liberty. Price was good, delivery and set up was fast and cheap. I should have gotten one more as they are all full already, but maybe soon. Good rule of thumb, figure 50% of what the manufacturer says for capacity. Better to have extra room than not enough.

Last Edited:
2213A2F0-2AF5-4EC4-BAB1-8CBF213CAE50.jpeg
One is none, two is one! I like @284guy 's setup! I bought one thinking I'd never need another. Three weeks later I'm buying another one, lol. These are great safes at the entry level price point and may be for sale in the near future. I've been looking to upgrade to something with better fire rating.

View attachment 531248
One is none, two is one! I like @284guy 's setup! I bought one thinking I'd never need another. Three weeks later I'm buying another one, lol. These are great safes at the entry level price point and may be for sale in the near future. I've been looking to upgrade to something with better fire rating.

True.... one is none, and two is one. :s0155:

BUT....... !!!

THREE is GLEE!! :s0023:

View attachment 530994
I looked at several companies and went with Liberty. Price was good, delivery and set up was fast and cheap. I should have gotten one more as they are all full already, but maybe soon. Good rule of thumb, figure 50% of what the manufacturer says for capacity. Better to have extra room than not enough.

You probably already bought a safe Lars, but if you haven't I'd check Costco. They sell a nice 14 long gun safe for $300 that's fire lined. My daughter got one for her husband and I'm really impressed with the quality.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top