JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Go to Hubbard and look at the Liberty safes. Some great deals but they have a great selection also so you can see what ya like and don't like. Figure out where you want to put it first and foremost. Also figure out how much fire protection you need. Size of the safe is just one of the details. :)

Costco has some decent safes from time to time. I have a Liberty and Fort Knox safe and a smaller one (Protector) I bought from Costco in my room. I purchased all of them locally. The people at Liberty safes in Hubbard are good people. They do charge to deliver though. My Fort Knox had two free moves.

Like has been said above, you end up buying more stuff to fill it. Buy a little larger and you will be ahead for a while. Good luck!:)

I'm happy with the 2 Liberty safes I've had.
The dealer in Oregon City (Jerry) for decades was the Liberty dealer for this sector. Check out his show room to compare features & cost before you decide. He delivers.

When I was looking last spring I got a far better deal at Liberty in Hubbard than I could get at Cabelas, Coastal Farm, or any other place I had looked at. I spent slightly more than I had budgeted, but got plate steel instead of folded steel on a safe that had a slight cosmetic flaw that I couldn't see and barely feel. Coastal had pretty good deals and likely would have bought from them had I not gotten the great deal in Hubbard.

Whatever safe you buy, remove the rifle support shelves and toss them. Replace with rifle rods and you can fit in more rifles and access them easier. The orange rods are easier to see than the black ones.

Lighting and dehumidifiers are also good features.

Make sure you have room for important documents, coin collections, other valuables, and also get a jewelry drawer for your wife.

Also, I went with a mechanical lock and I'm very happy with that decision. My immediate defense weapons are not in the safe and are always within reach.

Liberty. Enough said.

I have to say after educating myself a bit and then looking around I agree. My safe was from their National Safe line, which interestingly started on Washington Street in Oregon City before they went to Salt Lake City and then acquired by Liberty.

My recommendation would be to go to Bull Dog Tuff Safes in Warren off Hwy 30. They carry a very large selection of brands. Prices from low to insane. They don't push any brand, or price level, and their delivery and set up costs are very very fair. It's a private business run by a husband and wife team on their property.

Bulldog Tuff Safes - office safes, gun safes and more!

I know lots of folks point to Liberty, but I wasn't too impressed by the local shop and their general car dealer salesman approach. That and most of their safes are no better than the other stamped steel 8-10 gauge safes on the market. Especially where the locking bars meet on the frame.

When I worked for a local sporting goods store and folks asked me about the safes we carried I'd always ask the same question.

"Are you more afraid of a fire or a burglar?"

These are literally the only two things that safes help with.

Security and fire damage.

Technically flood damage and other natural damage can be a factor also. It's good to think of these things too.

I chose both security and fire with my second safe. My 1st was staged inside the house and therefore the layers of security I had in place on my home added to the security of my safe, something you should also think about. My second safe is in the garage and therefore I wanted a higher security level. Both the first and the second had roughly the same fire protection, I got a slightly higher temp rating with an additional 30 minutes with the second safe.

Best of luck on your purchase. Once it's all done, it feels good.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top