JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Buy what you can afford that gives the most protection.

Many years ago i picked up a relatively cheaper safe, it worked until I outgrew it. It was sold before it ever left the house and my new one came, 6x the capacity and I'm already 1/2 way filled up. Sadly, this one won't get replaced, I'll just have to add another.

You can always sell when you need to upgrade.

When I outgrow a safe I never sell the old one. I buy another, and keep them both so I have more capacity.

I know this thread has gone quiet however I'll add one important observation from my experience. Every rifle with a scope mounted tends to be the size of two rifles. Tall scope turret caps, bolt handles, bipods, and accessories will conspire to take space as well. Heed the advice regarding getting a larger size than you think you need, as well as keeping your old safes. You will be amazed how quickly they fill.

I have my safes set up so I put one row of rifles butt down, and the next row muzzle down. This solves the space issues with scoped guns, and allows me to get 30% more guns in the space. I reworked all my safes to allow the same setup, and it's saved me from having to buy two more safes.

You will get as many varied opinions on what safe to buy as there are makes of safes.
You are just going to have to do your homework and personally check them out
and judge for yourself.
My wife and I looked for 6 months. Read everything, looked at everything on the internet and
checked things out in person.
We ended up buying a Liberty safe from N.W. Safes in Enumclaw.
It took about 6 weeks for the safe to be made, in Utah if I remember correctly.
Great people, competitive prices and an amazing installation.
I was terrified of the installation. Our safe weighs 850 pounds and they made it look like a non-event.
Up some stairs, through the laundry room, down a hall, turn right through a bedroom etc. etc. etc.
Didn't hurt a flea. I got a few grey hairs but the flea is doing great............

I have had two different safes with digital locks fail so the next one or two will have mechanical locks. In case you are wondering they were a Liberty and Cannon but I think the key pad was the same manufacturer on both. Also if your rifles have scopes you will need way more space than you would imagine.

Always buy a bigger safe than you think you'll need...Nobody ever says, It wish it was smaller...yes, still talking about safe's here.:D

I'm glad I bought several safes vs. buying one larger safe. Big safes are just tough to deal with, whether it's getting them into a spot, or dealing with hows much space they take up in a spot. Then there's the issues you have with navigating inside for that one gun you want to get out, and having to move numerous others to reach it. A lot easier with multiple safes.
I also like to keep my safes organized according to what make or type of guns are in them. So I know when I'm going to get a particular gun, which safe has those in it, and which doesn't. Makes it simpler with multiple smaller safes.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top