JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry,but in the first video there is a young man shooting without eye protection,you are shooting at a stump without any back stop and not many trees behind it.And the big guy stroking that pistol,not seeming to care what direction he is pointing it.
The second video you do have a pretty good back stop and then the third you have someone playing with a shot gun.
And people post these for the world to see.

Sorry for no replies, I've been away for quite a while, happy to be back!

where is second vid shot at?
That vid was shot in Mt. Hood National Forest. It's a pretty discreet spot but I have seen some trash left by other shooters.

Sorry,but in the first video there is a young man shooting without eye protection,you are shooting at a stump without any back stop and not many trees behind it.And the big guy stroking that pistol,not seeming to care what direction he is pointing it.
The second video you do have a pretty good back stop and then the third you have someone playing with a shot gun.
And people post these for the world to see.
No need to be sorry! Safety is incredibly important and you pointing out some concerns is appreciated.

Thanks for all the comments everyone!

Among things already pointed out I cringed when I saw the blond in the "shotgun" video shooting the pistol. I thought for sure she was going to have a large gouge of out the web of her left hand. That is a very poor hand grip from both a safety and accuracy issue.

I've got a question: In this video, do you guys think it is a poor backdrop? There are trees to the right but my shots go to the left of them - but would a ricochet that happened to hit a tree be considered illegal? That is my favorite shooting spot but I wouldn't mind going to another if I'm breaking laws or being unsafe. I appreciate the responses, thanks guys! Video example below:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply - my grip was pretty weak, I shot 300rds that day and I was sweating, plus I cut my hand on the slide and bled a bit, lol. I noticed my hand was slipping so much as to activate the magazine release quite a few times. Since this video I've been learning proper techniques (fairly new shooter here) and I've been practicing at home, unloaded of course! I plan on getting into some safety courses as well since I have no formal training. Thanks again MarkAd!

If movies were made of my first outing...six drunk Navy guys on the side of the road in the middle of the Idaho desert at 2AM shooting everything imaginable overhead and in every direction. About all I can remember from that night is my hand really hurting after shooting five pumpkin balls one handed from a Mossberg pistogrip 500 12g. (Strangely, I also remember one of the most intense nighttime skies I've ever seen.) There but for the Grace of God go I.

You guys are doing just fine and thanks for sharing.

Keith

We have a sign going up to my spot that says not to destroy any property...TREES are property. So same thing for washington forrest service trees.
Your back stop looks good in the last video. What was the gun? Seems you are having some problems with the magazine staying in?

Shooting videos are always appreciated and if you post a video anywhere,you always should be prepared for some scrutiny. Glad you were a sport about it.

Thanks guys (lmao trainsktg)! The pistol is a Hi-Point C9, I purchased it at Keith's for $165 about a year ago. It is my first handgun, though I've shot many throughout the years, and you are definitely correct that my magazines weren't staying in. That dude mentioned limp wristing but the issue was that my hands were tired, sweaty, and my grip wasn't right. This same thing happened when I first shot the pistol, the recoil caused my thumb to activate the release.

I've put a little over 1000rds through the pistol and it's actually pretty decent. It has a fixed barrel and I've been able to get great accuracy out of it (when I'm trying). Nothing ever measured - just my buddies and I being impressed, aha. You know how shooters can have off days? I think that happened at my last outing, but I still had fun. I've got a lot of work to do with technique.

Almost every one I spoke with said not to get a Hi-Point but I figured I'd give it a shot and it's been an interesting experience. I've had too many problems with the magazines to give it a solid rating but the pistol itself, if you can get past the larger than necessary grip, is actually quite durable. I'm purchasing a SA XD9 or G19 (really torn here guys, lol) in the next month or two and I'll post some videos then too! Have a great weekend guys!

Nice videos, jhouxor! Be safe and keep them coming.

As for your Hi-Point C9, i have one myself and i love it! My C9 and my Glock19 may be considered ugly as sin to some but i wouldn't trade them for anything!

Lefty.

I would recommend putting your extra mags on your left hip/side. The reaching across your body to get a new mag makes you take your eyes and muzzle off the target. In a SD situation you wouldn't want to do this so don't create training scars. I would recommend Oregon Firearms Academy for some formal training.

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads