JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My reply on top.

Me: "Chipman is rabidly anti-gun and illiterate on topic. Nothing he stands for is violence reduction, just restricting law-abiding citizens."
You: "He was qualified but it was pulled. I look forward to another just like him."
Me: "So you're a partisan hack. Got it."

In our state you don't need the votes of Independents like me, so it's moot. But congrats on guaranteeing you'll never have it. If you're serious about stemming violence, let's see you and your majority step up and start dealing with suppression of gang violence, which is swarming Portland proper and is the primary driver of the increase in shootings. Anyone in PPB will tell you that if you ask.

Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2021 11:17 AM
To:
Subject:Response from Senator Ron Wyden to your e-mail

Dear (ME):

Thank you for contacting me about the nomination of David Chipman to be the Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE). I appreciate hearing from you.

As you may know, David Chipman was nominated to be the Director of BATFE in April of 2021. After serving for 25 years as a BATFE Special Agent, investigator, and division chief, I believe Chipman was highly qualified to be Director. In his work at BATFE, he investigated the 1993 World Trade Center attacks and the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, as well as several complex firearms trafficking cases. He is a strong supporter of reasonable measures to reduce firearm crimes and prevent domestic violence, like expanded background checks.

Unfortunately, these common-sense stances garnered opposition from firearm advocates. As a result, on September 9, 2021, President Biden withdrew Chipman's nomination.

I am eager for President Biden to nominate another advocate against gun violence with the experience and temperament necessary to lead the BATFE. Again, I appreciate you keeping me apprised of the issues that matter most to you. If I can be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Sincerely,

Ron Wyden
United States Senator

And the NDR:

"
Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

Senator Ron Wyden ([email protected])
The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Please try resending your message later, or contact the recipient directly.

The following organization rejected your message: V-ESS-EXC1.senate.ussenate.us."

What a c**t.

Isn't Wyden the guy who spends more time in DC and NY at his wife's house than in Oregon ? :rolleyes:
yep. He be the one. came out about 10 years back to take in the sisters "roe day o" in Ory gone and went to a local farm store to get dressed up for the shindig....they showed him on the news...looked like he was a participant in the Iowa state fair.. cover alls, plaid shirt.....get a clue of the state you rep.
Been in the "game at least 43 years that I am aware of. TERM LIMITS.

My reply on top.

Me: "Chipman is rabidly anti-gun and illiterate on topic. Nothing he stands for is violence reduction, just restricting law-abiding citizens."
You: "He was qualified but it was pulled. I look forward to another just like him."

In our state you don't need the votes of Independents like me, so it's moot. But congrats on guaranteeing you'll never have it. If you're serious about stemming violence, let's see you and your majority step up and start dealing with suppression of gang violence, which is swarming Portland proper and is the primary driver of the increase in shootings. Anyone in PPB will tell you that if you ask.

To:
Subject:Response from Senator Ron Wyden to your e-mail

Dear (ME):

Thank you for contacting me about the nomination of David Chipman to be the Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE). I appreciate hearing from you.

As you may know, David Chipman was nominated to be the Director of BATFE in April of 2021. After serving for 25 years as a BATFE Special Agent, investigator, and division chief, I believe Chipman was highly qualified to be Director. In his work at BATFE, he investigated the 1993 World Trade Center attacks and the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, as well as several complex firearms trafficking cases. He is a strong supporter of reasonable measures to reduce firearm crimes and prevent domestic violence, like expanded background checks.

Unfortunately, these common-sense stances garnered opposition from firearm advocates. As a result, on September 9, 2021, President Biden withdrew Chipman's nomination.

I am eager for President Biden to nominate another advocate against gun violence with the experience and temperament necessary to lead the BATFE. Again, I appreciate you keeping me apprised of the issues that matter most to you. If I can be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Sincerely,

Ron Wyden
United States Senator
What a snarky vag-eye-na.
Probably likes the smell of his own flatus.

Hu
My reply on top.

To:
Subject:
Response from Senator Ron Wyden to your e-mail

Dear (ME):

Sincerely,

Ron Wyden
United States Senator
Huh, I got the same useless form letter with the same standard dribble…. Good news is pressure caused Chipman to be withdrawn, let that be a lesson to Biden…. If he can remember it…

I quit reading at.. ".As you may know". I do know, nothing a person that doesn't agree with a dem politician means one iota to a dem politician.

My reply on top.

To:
Subject:
Response from Senator Ron Wyden to your e-mail

Dear (ME):

Sincerely,

Ron Wyden
United States Senator
Ole' Ron has been a turd in the punch bowl for decades.

That is the same type of response you get every time you contact a prog ahole "representative of the people" if you disagree with any of part of their manifesto. No matter which state or issue. Most of the republicans will respond with "I wholeheartedly agree, but ... ". The muck in the swamp is very deep, and very slimy.

Once some years back, I was standing behind him on the corner of 5th & Oak waiting to cross the street. It was just me and him there….. yes I briefly (and seriously) thought about some options, but concluded another just like him (or worse) would just take his place so there was no point.

He'll get what's coming to him (with intrest). If not in this life, SURELY in the next one to come.

Last Edited:
Once some years back, I was standing behind him on the corner of 5th & Oak waiting to cross the street. It was just me and him there….. yes I briefly (and seriously) thought about some options, but concluded another just like him (or worse) would just take his place so there was no point.

He'll get what's coming to him (with interest). If not in this life, SURELY in the next one to come.
Used to see politicos hanging around the La Capitale restaurant in Salem a block from the Capitol Building. The level of smug self-righteousness is breathtaking. Imagine the ego it takes to be a politician on the Federal level.

Politicians have too cozy of a life. They should be changed regularly like underwear. Government should not be a Country Club.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR