JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've noticed all of our Oregon reps in Congress still send out a canned response to email. COVID-19 is their excuse. Clearly they are not listening to their constituents.
Can we vote them out please? They do not represent the people.
I would love to hear your thoughts about how to fix this!

Screenshots of the ...

Screenshot_20220610-025017-026.png Screenshot_20220610-024938-016.png Screenshot_20220610-024851-861.png

They're in it for "big corporate" campaign fund contributions, "preferred stock" invitations from corporations, and "street cred" at all the elite cocktail parties they all rub shoulders at….. then they bring back mere "crumbs" to their constituencies to show how much they're "fighting" for them.

….and the voting DF's just eat it up, 'cuz everyone loves THEIR "tribe".

Now you have gone and done it. You're might get a personal note from one or more of them. But it will look like they didn't even read what you wrote to them. But I'll guaran-damn-tee you'll be getting the sappy letters telling you how hard they're working for, "Oregonians Like You", in the future.

To answer your question.
I would love to hear your thoughts about how to fix this!
I huge flood, or earthquake with a crack swallowing the capitol in Salem? Other than that.....

1654871348690.png

Contacting politicians these days is about the same as sending the CLEO a copy of your form 1 application.

Oregon will never vote out the established democrats, that's why we have mail in balloting, gives them an opportunity to pad the vote.

Do it in person, one vote per person, with valid government issued photo id…

Do it for the children…

Don't forget, WE THE PEOPLE have also been "Blocked" from participating in the various "Public Forums" at the state Capital, cause,........Covid and stuff!
Meanwhile, the legislature passes sh!t bills in late night sessions right at the close of business so there is no challenge to any of it!

And, when they should walk out and deny quorum, they cave and let the super majority run all over them!

I have no faith in the system, nor the politico operators who hold those positions!

Every single politician I have written or e-mailed has replied with their canned letter's and e-mails, and the rare phone call response from a low level staffer has always been "Da Boss thanks you for your voice, and wants you to know were fighting for you" Bullsh!t! They don't answer to We the People any longer, they ignore us and our voice and do what ever the hell they please, especially when it helps Oregon Big Business like Nike, Intel, OHSU, exc,..........

Politicians not listening is like saying water is wet. Never have received anything but a canned response. They usually claim that they are glad to hear from me about "x". and that "x"is very important to them then they go on to write how they are in favor of (insert talking points here) which are the exact opposite of the reason I contacted them...indicating they never read the email. For example I contact them clearly stating my opposition to gun control. They respond that gun control is very important to them and "like you we support efforts to remove these 'weapons of war'...o_O

I used to call/write them but all that accomplished was getting me put on spam mailing lists about the "problems" (in their mind) facing Oregon and the Nation and how earnest they are and how bad the opposition is. Still I think it's good to let them know we are out here watching..

Hmm....It's almost like taxation without representation....

Except their canned email response would likely be: "taxes are very important to us. Like you, we believe taxes should be increased to pay for all of our government social (enslavement) programs..."

Honestly, I've seen more "canned" responses from businesses than government these days. There are some exceptions, but generally customer service has nosedived. Canned responses du jour include:
-- It is due to Covid
-- It is due to supply chain
-- It is due to chip unavailability
-- It is due to manufacturer
-- It is due to staffing shortage
-- It is due to demand
-- All of the above

Funny how some lame businesses are all about the excuses (apparently using Brandon's blame-game playbook), while the few well run companies just continue to perform without blaming or excusing.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads