JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Its hard to find any information on it so I am putting it out there to see if anyone has any leads on where to go next.

Will IMG_1361.jpg IMG_1367.jpg IMG_1368.jpg IMG_1370.jpg

Thanks,

Will

I have on of those, but it's in pretty poor condition. Google search Smith and Wesson top break .32.

Thanks.. that gives me a place to start.
It's larger than a .32, a .38 special dropped right through. S/N is 22xxx. What I think is the SN. It's on the Butt frame and cylinder.

Will

Thanks.. that gives me a place to start.
It's larger than a .32, a .38 special dropped right through. S/N is 22xxx. What I think is the SN. It's on the Butt frame and cylinder.

Will

Gotcha. Mine is a .32. I'm kind of in the same boat. Don't know much about it but I have googled it.

Smith and Wesson did make a Top Break in .44 Scofield and .44 Russian so it might be one of those. And, Nickle Plating wasn't uncommon. Your picture makes it look like the Hammer & Trigger might be Gold Plated. That was not a common thing. Also, you can always request a Factory Letter.

Might be a .45 APC, the cylinder dosnt look big enough or strong enough for a .44, but I could be mistaken with the smaller .44s like the scofield! I have a smaller version that's .32 Colt, pretty poor shape and missing some parts of the trigger assembly. Still, a head-on rig! :)

Might be a .45 APC, the cylinder dosnt look big enough or strong enough for a .44, but I could be mistaken with the smaller .44s like the scofield! I have a smaller version that's .32 Colt, pretty poor shape and missing some parts of the trigger assembly. Still, a head-on rig! :)

I have it's twin brother! If you want mine, I'd make you a steal of a deal on it. To be honest it's in my toolbox because the hammer was ground down so it can't be fired. But the trigger mechanism seems sound to me!

I've been looking in my catalog and the description and trigger guard looks like the .38 Double Action 1st Model, but we know it's not. So I'm looking at the 44's but I'm not finding it. Close, but not it.
@conynekite if you want to give me the serial number minus the last two digits I'll see if I can find it by matching numbers with manufacture dates.

If you are interested in the shipping date all you have to do is call the Factory with the serial number and they will give you a month and year it was shipped.

Very nice. I like those old top-breaks. I have one that I am likely to sell off for parts soon in .38 S&W as it doesn't always work in SA mode. It is pretty to look at though as it has pearl grips:

pearl1x.jpg
pearl2x.jpg

I'm waiting on my better half to get ready for a night out, and she appears about set, but I can look at a S&W reference book later, if that would help you. Cheers. :)

I think I found something in Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson, 4th edition, pages 121-123 that might be what we are looking at. But I hear the final instructions being given to the sitter, so I will have to wait until later. ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top