JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here is my new AK pistol...

Its got a 7" barrel!!!

I'll have some more pics up when I take it out again this week...

DSCF1384.jpg

Im not done with the front grip area yet, I still need to sand it a little more, and weld a Picatinny Rail to the top...

anyone know where I can get a chunk of 3-4" Steel or SS Picatinny Rail???

The foregrip is TrexDeck, I took a 4x4 and hit it about 1000 times with a table saw to get the inner shape, then outer I did with a polyfan on a 4" angle grinder, and a palmsander. I plan on finnish sanding the foregrip, then Painting it OD green to match the SAW grip.

It cycles great!!! I think 7" is the shortest you could make an AK pistol without a guide rod... My wife told me after shooting it "I hope you know your making me one now!!"

Dude that's gangsta'!

+1

iStud-

I didn't know you had mad AK skills! You need a Bulgarian HOBO (i think that's what it's called) or a Noveske KX3 in .30 cal... Give it some beef at the end of that barrel.

How many hours do you have in it?

You Need a galil charging handle and HK front and rear sights.

Should post it in the AK owners thread.

SF-

I plan on doing hk sights, galil handle and a underside builtin flashlight on the next. I'm just going to put some picatinny rail on the front sight base and a small red dot.

The trex is plastic just like tapco grips, ar15 grips and galil grips. I will put in some aluminum incerts to help, but it's not full auto, so...

It also has sawdust in it and it's easy to work with.

I have about 15 hours in the AK and 4 on the foregrip. It's my 1st Ak ever!

I have about 90 rounds on it and it's working great no jams yet!!!

I'll take some pics in action tomorrow...

Man that forearm almost looks like a Galil style forearm. Fabrication at it's best! Here is a couple of pics of the 9" pistol I built. It too breathes fire. And yes the can is fake. But looks cool!

I plan on doing hk sights, galil handle .

Are you talking about a Galil charging handle on the bolt carrier? Silverfox and I up here are talking the same thing. I have another idea I saw on youtube. It was done with a Krink, but it could be done with any AK. They cut a slot on the left side of the dust cover and welded a handle to the left side of the bolt carrier. That way you don't have to roll the gun over on it's side to charge a round after a mag change.

Rdb, yes I was thinking of a galil style charger handle, I have also thought about the left hand charger too, I think this is called the "lightning bolt?" there is a company that makes em for ak's but I would weld it up myself.

My tax refund comes in a week or two and i'm going to get a couple of romy G kits and make 2 more. With 7.62x39 ammo @ $109 per 500 I can afford to shoot this thing!!!

You are right. It is called the lightning bolt. I have built 2 pistols and 4 rifles out of Romy "G" kits. I am going to build one more. A Romy side folder. Are you bending your own flats? Now I have moved on to building HK's. That is a entirely different ball game.

iStud-

this is the front end device I was thinking of:

<broken link removed>

and you can adapt it to your barrel with this:

<broken link removed>

You have inspire me to build an AK pistol.

SF-

iStud-

this is the front end device I was thinking of:

<broken link removed>

and you can adapt it to your barrel with this:

<broken link removed>

You have inspire me to build an AK pistol.

SF-

Correct me if i am wrong, but I have done a little reading and found out that that the Krink brakes are designed to create a little more preasure to make a possitive cycle with a shorter barrel? I have thought about a Krink brake for my pistol. I do use a reciol buffer and it does help to make a possitive cycle.

I will be makeing one from scratch... like this...

9.jpg

Im going to use a Vortex flash-hider, with a SS tube welded up. It wont make anything quiet or cycle... just keeps things going forward and not into my fingers!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top