JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here is my new AK pistol...

Its got a 7" barrel!!!

I'll have some more pics up when I take it out again this week...

DSCF1384.jpg

Im not done with the front grip area yet, I still need to sand it a little more, and weld a Picatinny Rail to the top...

anyone know where I can get a chunk of 3-4" Steel or SS Picatinny Rail???

The foregrip is TrexDeck, I took a 4x4 and hit it about 1000 times with a table saw to get the inner shape, then outer I did with a polyfan on a 4" angle grinder, and a palmsander. I plan on finnish sanding the foregrip, then Painting it OD green to match the SAW grip.

It cycles great!!! I think 7" is the shortest you could make an AK pistol without a guide rod... My wife told me after shooting it "I hope you know your making me one now!!"

Dude that's gangsta'!

+1

iStud-

I didn't know you had mad AK skills! You need a Bulgarian HOBO (i think that's what it's called) or a Noveske KX3 in .30 cal... Give it some beef at the end of that barrel.

How many hours do you have in it?

You Need a galil charging handle and HK front and rear sights.

Should post it in the AK owners thread.

SF-

I plan on doing hk sights, galil handle and a underside builtin flashlight on the next. I'm just going to put some picatinny rail on the front sight base and a small red dot.

The trex is plastic just like tapco grips, ar15 grips and galil grips. I will put in some aluminum incerts to help, but it's not full auto, so...

It also has sawdust in it and it's easy to work with.

I have about 15 hours in the AK and 4 on the foregrip. It's my 1st Ak ever!

I have about 90 rounds on it and it's working great no jams yet!!!

I'll take some pics in action tomorrow...

Man that forearm almost looks like a Galil style forearm. Fabrication at it's best! Here is a couple of pics of the 9" pistol I built. It too breathes fire. And yes the can is fake. But looks cool!

I plan on doing hk sights, galil handle .

Are you talking about a Galil charging handle on the bolt carrier? Silverfox and I up here are talking the same thing. I have another idea I saw on youtube. It was done with a Krink, but it could be done with any AK. They cut a slot on the left side of the dust cover and welded a handle to the left side of the bolt carrier. That way you don't have to roll the gun over on it's side to charge a round after a mag change.

Rdb, yes I was thinking of a galil style charger handle, I have also thought about the left hand charger too, I think this is called the "lightning bolt?" there is a company that makes em for ak's but I would weld it up myself.

My tax refund comes in a week or two and i'm going to get a couple of romy G kits and make 2 more. With 7.62x39 ammo @ $109 per 500 I can afford to shoot this thing!!!

You are right. It is called the lightning bolt. I have built 2 pistols and 4 rifles out of Romy "G" kits. I am going to build one more. A Romy side folder. Are you bending your own flats? Now I have moved on to building HK's. That is a entirely different ball game.

iStud-

this is the front end device I was thinking of:

<broken link removed>

and you can adapt it to your barrel with this:

<broken link removed>

You have inspire me to build an AK pistol.

SF-

iStud-

this is the front end device I was thinking of:

<broken link removed>

and you can adapt it to your barrel with this:

<broken link removed>

You have inspire me to build an AK pistol.

SF-

Correct me if i am wrong, but I have done a little reading and found out that that the Krink brakes are designed to create a little more preasure to make a possitive cycle with a shorter barrel? I have thought about a Krink brake for my pistol. I do use a reciol buffer and it does help to make a possitive cycle.

I will be makeing one from scratch... like this...

9.jpg

Im going to use a Vortex flash-hider, with a SS tube welded up. It wont make anything quiet or cycle... just keeps things going forward and not into my fingers!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top