JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey gents, thought I'd post up a photo of my target stands now that they're all done.

I followed the instructions from the youtube video done by SafeArmsReview: How to make a Target Stand for under $25 by SAR - YouTube

Since the video was done in 2009, I didn't bring it in under the $25.00 cost he touts in the video, but I suppose if you scrounged around enough, you probably still could.

I guess the main difference between mine and his is that I made the frame opening larger in order to fit standard size silhouette targets. Otherwise, all the cuts are exactly the same. Yesterday I also rigged up the steel gongs courtesy of Steel Horse Customs. Looking forward to taking them out soon and pelting them with a few hundred rounds!

So with these stands I can hang the gongs, tack up silhouette targets, or tack up a cardboard backer and tape several small paper targets to it. They're actually very versatile. I can also make different sizes and configurations of frames to hold a variety of other targets.

With a footprint that large I can't imagine you would need to stake it down but even if you did, I'd fill the PVC with sand before I messed around with staking it.

I like it.
I made a couple out of 1.5" pvc that all takes down in fits into a medium sized duffle bag. The longest lengths being 30", so I use couplings. Good thing to since my wife shot through them.

Well done!
:s0155:

I have a weekend coming up and believe I may just toss something like that together myself.

'Course, a project like this normally takes more than $25 worth of hot dogs, hamburgers, potato chips, chilled beverages, bandaids and tylenol to complete, so we're talking the better part of a C-note when you toss in all of that plastic piping. I accuse you of deceptive advertising!

:s0112: :s0114:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top