JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey gents, thought I'd post up a photo of my target stands now that they're all done.

I followed the instructions from the youtube video done by SafeArmsReview: How to make a Target Stand for under $25 by SAR - YouTube

Since the video was done in 2009, I didn't bring it in under the $25.00 cost he touts in the video, but I suppose if you scrounged around enough, you probably still could.

I guess the main difference between mine and his is that I made the frame opening larger in order to fit standard size silhouette targets. Otherwise, all the cuts are exactly the same. Yesterday I also rigged up the steel gongs courtesy of Steel Horse Customs. Looking forward to taking them out soon and pelting them with a few hundred rounds!

So with these stands I can hang the gongs, tack up silhouette targets, or tack up a cardboard backer and tape several small paper targets to it. They're actually very versatile. I can also make different sizes and configurations of frames to hold a variety of other targets.

With a footprint that large I can't imagine you would need to stake it down but even if you did, I'd fill the PVC with sand before I messed around with staking it.

I like it.
I made a couple out of 1.5" pvc that all takes down in fits into a medium sized duffle bag. The longest lengths being 30", so I use couplings. Good thing to since my wife shot through them.

Well done!
:s0155:

I have a weekend coming up and believe I may just toss something like that together myself.

'Course, a project like this normally takes more than $25 worth of hot dogs, hamburgers, potato chips, chilled beverages, bandaids and tylenol to complete, so we're talking the better part of a C-note when you toss in all of that plastic piping. I accuse you of deceptive advertising!

:s0112: :s0114:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top