Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

My homemade target stands

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Ironbar, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Ironbar

Ironbar Tigard, OR Well-Known Member

Hey gents, thought I'd post up a photo of my target stands now that they're all done.

I followed the instructions from the youtube video done by SafeArmsReview: How to make a Target Stand for under $25 by SAR - YouTube

Since the video was done in 2009, I didn't bring it in under the $25.00 cost he touts in the video, but I suppose if you scrounged around enough, you probably still could.

IMG_3930.jpg

I guess the main difference between mine and his is that I made the frame opening larger in order to fit standard size silhouette targets. Otherwise, all the cuts are exactly the same. Yesterday I also rigged up the steel gongs courtesy of Steel Horse Customs. Looking forward to taking them out soon and pelting them with a few hundred rounds!

So with these stands I can hang the gongs, tack up silhouette targets, or tack up a cardboard backer and tape several small paper targets to it. They're actually very versatile. I can also make different sizes and configurations of frames to hold a variety of other targets.

2. nwwoodsman

nwwoodsman Vernonia Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer

Under $25? Just tie a frying pan to a tree branch

3. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

Very nice :thumbup:

4. MBGraphix

MBGraphix Salem, Oregon Member

Looking Great Ironbar ! Simple and effective.

5. IheartGUNS

IheartGUNS WaCo Well-Known Member

Looks top heavy, but I guess you could always drill holes and just stake them down.

6. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

With a footprint that large I can't imagine you would need to stake it down but even if you did, I'd fill the PVC with sand before I messed around with staking it.

7. IheartGUNS

IheartGUNS WaCo Well-Known Member

Or sand bags

8. BearArmy

BearArmy OR Active Member

I like it.
    I made a couple out of 1.5" pvc that all takes down in fits into a medium sized duffle bag. The longest lengths being 30", so I use couplings. Good thing to since my wife shot through them.

9. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Well done!
    :thumbup:

I have a weekend coming up and believe I may just toss something like that together myself.

'Course, a project like this normally takes more than $25 worth of hot dogs, hamburgers, potato chips, chilled beverages, bandaids and tylenol to complete, so we're talking the better part of a C-note when you toss in all of that plastic piping. I accuse you of deceptive advertising!

:bluelaugh: :laugh:

10. Ironbar

Ironbar Tigard, OR Well-Known Member

The total cost to make one stand (not including the chain and gong targets) was just over $30.00 at Home Depot.