JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've trapped a lot of moles but today I got my first mole with a shotgun today! :s0155:

Used my Great Uncles single shot .410 and it worked pretty well. Nothing penetrated the mole but I think the concussion did him in.

Worked better than I thought it would and I didn't have to get my hands dirty setting traps! :D

Must've been satisfying.

The little buggers are so hard to catch, they're like the VC: All I ever see is the damage they do, I never see them.

I finally got traps that work consistently, called the Victor Out O' Sight Mole Trap.

A couple days ago I caught one by the arse, so he was fine and frisky when I pulled him out. I had the pleasure of walloping him with a shovel. Less messy than a scattergun.

Are yours the Townsend's moles? These suckers are huge, the biggest type in N. America.

Yeah, I think they are Townsends. I've trapped at least 70 over the years. I'm pretty good at trapping them but sometimes I just don't want to root around in the dirt chasing tunnels.

I noticed the mound moving around noon and grabbed the gun. It's nice to get a fast kill. ;)

I use my trusty Model 37 Ithaca pump loaded with 7 1/2 or 8 shot lead. Once I spot the diggers in an area, I stomp the hill down. Then the waiting game begins. Usually within a few hours I see new dirt flying. You must walk very quietly to the mound or they will hear/feel you. Once you see the dirt move, pull the trigger. I've killed 5 this summer and only hit one. This is the true meaning of shock and awe. I get such a kick out of it, my wife thinks I'm nuts. Just good old red neck fun.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top