JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
SB,
Does that beastie require a class III? I see your point on portability. I take a super 14 bbl and have a brake attached to 16" and with a youth stock, she's like a 'Red Ryder' shootin' anything from 222 RMI to 444 marlin.
I like your compact design. Does she hold 5 shells?... nice!
Thanks,
Jimmy
It just requires a $5 tax stamp for SBS status.

nice

I have been packing this lately with 70gr Barnes TSX loads

but I usually carry a 10mm Auto
Holy wabbit overkill, where do you back pack at? Any thing less than 1000 yards and you won't have enough left of the silly wabbit to put together a stew.:s0145:
That would be perfect if I was escaping from NY though:s0048:

Holy wabbit overkill, where do you back pack at? Any thing less than 1000 yards and you won't have enough left of the silly wabbit to put together a stew.:s0145:
That would be perfect if I was escaping from NY though:s0048:

Not to long ago there were some deaths over mushroom picking grounds ......entire different neck of woods to your South
People live off the grid in the deep woods here and they don't play around

You think this is for animals?, if that was the biggest worry I would likely go unarmed everywhere I went because bears and cats aren't a problem

That's where I backpack at

This goes in a scabbard on the backpack, for rabbits etc...a Ruger 7"1o1/357 on the hip for bigger stuff if ever needed.
The tube speed loader is homemade (no kiddin' right?) holds 3-10 round reloads.

The little Henry (I named it "Stumpy") got me into the top 20% at the local "Ruger Rimfire Challenge" a couple of years ago.
2rr17xh.jpg
29xaye1.jpg

(edited to answer Heretic's question, "Can that be shouldered effectively"?)
Yes it can, though probably because I'm kinda "stumpy" too at only 5'7" I only need to "scrunch" a bit.

Last Edited:
Not to long ago there were some deaths over mushroom picking grounds ......entire different neck of woods to your South
People live off the grid in the deep woods here and they don't play around

You think this is for animals?, if that was the biggest worry I would likely go unarmed everywhere I went because bears and cats aren't a problem

That's where I backpack at

I was just talking to my step dad about his brother in ukiah, or getting into a shoot out with some asians trying to highjack his mushroom stock. Apparently they make a good living off selling them to costco or something.
If you can make money at it, someone will want to kill you for it.

I was just talking to my step dad about his brother in ukiah, or getting into a shoot out with some asians trying to highjack his mushroom stock. Apparently they make a good living off selling them to costco or something.
If you can make money at it, someone will want to kill you for it.
Yeah, this was by Prospect , and I'm all up and down the Upper Rogue .....it was actually between gringos but there was some stabbings and such between Asians about 10 years ago as well......

You think this is for animals?,
Because you asked, Yes.
Blowgunner, the creator of the thread said:
"I do a lot of backpacking, and have wanted a small gun to pack with me."
Big guns and safety are not necessarily synonymous. Being aware of your surroundings is first and foremost to safety. Next is choice, flight or fight. And yah, I've been dodging critter and people conflicts since 59' when a small black bear tried to follow me home one night.

This goes in a scabbard on the backpack, for rabbits etc...a Ruger 7"1o1/357 on the hip for bigger stuff if ever needed.
The tube speed loader is homemade (no kiddin' right?) holds 3-10 round reloads.

The little Henry (I named it "Stumpy") got me into the top 20% at the local "Ruger Rimfire Challenge" a couple of years ago.
View attachment 212566
View attachment 212567
Can that be shouldered effectively?

Blowgunner, the creator of the thread said:
"I do a lot of backpacking, and have wanted a small gun to pack with me."
I'd think this is about as small as it gets dimensionally, no longer than what he is packing.
If you mean caliber, its only .224....
If you mean capacity, its standard for this type of firearm. And is there really some such thing as too much capacity, I don't think so

If your addressing the 10mm, its a 29....as small as 10mm gets
its a handgun, albeit a powerful one, its still just a handgun.....not a magic death ray

Big guns and safety are not necessarily synonymous.

Are you saying big guns, whatever that means, have a mind of there own?
The moral stature of a big gun is no different than a small gun.
If you think they are more dangerous because they are "bigger" you'd be mistaken.
If you want to dig for statistics you'll find more negligent deaths involve 22lr than any other cartridge over time.....small guns kill negligently and intentionally just as well as big guns do.
A big gun is only as dangerous as the person pulling the trigger

I'm assuming either a day hike or even just an overnight trip? I've been hiking, camping, and backpacking (even in blizzard conditions) in the Colorado Rockies back country for nearly 40 years. I've never needed anything more than a Glock 22 in 40 caliber to bring with me. I've dealt with Mountain Lions, Cougars, and plenty of bears and never needed a rifle. This is just me though. I like filling my pack with my gear. Food, water, shelter, first aid kit etc. If I have to survive a change in weather or get stuck up on a mountain a rifle in my backpack won't save my life from mother nature. I can very quickly access my handgun from a gun fanny pack, or if I'm going deep woods or Forrest I will wear a thigh rig.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads