JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I knew someone who did that same thing with an illegal brushpicker. Also wearing all black, also on all fours picking brush. Also acquitted.
Where they trespassing also? It was a bad deal all the way around....after legal troubles of my own while working, onx is your best friend while in the woods for recreation or for work

Amanita Panthera? Panther cap?

20231030_161923.jpg

We had four experienced pickers die outside of Estacada about ten years ago. Every year they warn us when buying permits. You can gather for free. If you pick them to sell, you are required to buy a permit and keep an identification book with you. Never touch it if you don't know what it is.
It would not be a good way to go either, The ones that kill you usually wreck your liver, so you die because you just cant safely metabolize the toxins.

Been more than ten years since the Korean, I think they were, picked immature amanita's thinking they were straw Mushroom. I don't even know, or remember, what variety those are. they didn't all die. and a one or two got kidney transplants. Yeah, bad stuff. Can't imagine if you DO survive what kinds of things you'd have to deal with the rest of your life. LUCKILY, there aren't many mushroom's that will kill you. But they're nothing to mess with without being positive about the ID.

Amanita
Get on the liver transplant list if you're going to try that one.
View attachment 1747210
Many folks eat this mushroom, It needs to be cooked though to change its properties,and make it safe to consume. if you eat it raw, you'll get terribly sick, but it can be eaten safely if it has been prepared properly.

The Vikings and inhabitants of the Northern Fjord lands ingested many A.Muscaria, and it influenced their culture heavily, as did the Psychedelic fungi of the Indigenous people of the Pacific NW. Tribal members would ingest them in ritual and in ceremony to connect with their creator and inspire visions and gain perspective and insight.

Many folks eat this mushroom, It needs to be cooked though to change its properties,and make it safe to consume. if you eat it raw, you'll get terribly sick, but it can be eaten safely if it has been prepared properly.

The Vikings and inhabitants of the Northern Fjord lands ingested many A.Muscaria, and it influenced their culture heavily, as did the Psychedelic fungi of the Indigenous people of the Pacific NW. Tribal members would ingest them in ritual and in ceremony to connect with their creator and inspire visions and gain perspective and insight.
If you decide to play with that let us know how that woks out for you. I did a fair share Psilocybin after I move to potland. Felt the same a LSD without the funky next day. Never did enough of either to hallucinate. Thankfully! Wasn't really my kind of high. Now Peyote? Oh my. If you ask me? THOSE Native Americans had something there! WOOF!
Being in a place like that, and remembering it well? Says something I think.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top