JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
'Super nice' while selling you your civil rights?

We need to get off this mentality that 'They're not the bad guy' or 'Just doing their job.' It's wrong. They're selling you your rights; not only that, they're making you wait for it for no reason. The license is printed right there in the office where you're paying them.

Get tough, guys. Tell them they're wrong; every time you go in.

Disagree, Wakejoe. If you/we wanna complain, don't go after the little guys, the admins, working in the local — Multnomah — sheriff's office. I think that's just bullying. I think that's just rude.

Wanna complain? Head on up the chain. Butt heads with the big boys. If you've the energy, organize, protest.

As for me, well, I am a patient guy. I'll wait. I did wait. Sure as heck am not gonna harass some nice ladies just trying to do their jobs.

No offense intended.

Disagree, Wakejoe. If you/we wanna complain, don't go after the little guys, the admins, working in the local — Multnomah — sheriff's office. I think that's just bullying. I think that's just rude.

Wanna complain? Head on up the chain. Butt heads with the big boys. If you've the energy, organize, protest.

As for me, well, I am a patient guy. I'll wait. I did wait. Sure as he
ck am not gonna harass some nice ladies just trying to do their jobs.

No offense intended.

Ding!

I dont really think the old man and woman at my chl appointment could really do anything to make it go faster anyhow. Noone is gunna lose their job just cause I asked them to speed my process along. I dont expect any person doing the job assigned to them to bend the rules that they are tethered to when its the "Big guys" theyll have to run it through first anyway. Its a giant administrative circle jerk everytime.

The best part is they don't alert you to the fact your CCP is about to expire...it's all on you man :D
Too bad. Here in Linn County the Sheriff's office send me a notice about a month ahead of time to remind me that my CHL is going to expire. Just ONE of the reasons I escaped P-town 11 + years ago.

Get tough, guys. Tell them they're wrong; every time you go in.
I'll keep that in mind for next time. I'm sure the lady will call her boss and they'll all roll over once I've gone off on a rant about my natural rights and all.

Just curious though...do you tell them they are in the wrong while waiting in line to get your CWP?

Just curious.

Yes, absolutely. The people here are branding it as "Harassment" because they're too afraid to really speak their minds. So they claim it's something negative to justify why they don't have to.

Be honest. There is nothing wrong with stating your opinion to these CHL workers. And unless we make it known that public opinion is not in their side, it will never change.

You have to start the conversation. Take hold of the narrative. And then petition for change.

People who work the offices and process the paperwork have no control or influence over policy or law and many of them may even sympathize. Telling them what you think may make you feel better, but it's not the way to affect change. I work with the public and I've taken a lot of complaints from people over the years about things out of my control. Sometimes I've agreed with them, sometimes not. What complaining to me has never done is to either change my views or those of my employer. I smile and nod and then laugh later with friends about it over beers.

Last Edited:
People who work the offices and process the paperwork have no control or influence on policy or law and many of them may even sympathize. Telling them what you think may make you feel better, but it's not the way to effect change. I work with the public and I've taken a lot of complaints from people over the years about things out of my control. Sometimes I've agreed with them, sometimes not. What complaining to me has never done is to either change my views or those of my employer. I smile and nod and then laugh later with friends about it over beers.
When you tell jokes to your friends over beers do you always say "wait for it., wait for it.!"? I hate that.

People who work the offices and process the paperwork have no control or influence over policy or law and many of them may even sympathize. Telling them what you think may make you feel better, but it's not the way to affect change. I work with the public and I've taken a lot of complaints from people over the years about things out of my control. Sometimes I've agreed with them, sometimes not. What complaining to me has never done is to either change my views or those of my employer. I smile and nod and then laugh later with friends about it over beers.
My complainers usually go to the back of the line. I can be a vindictive prick sometimes...

My complainers usually go to the back of the line. I can be a vindictive prick sometimes...
upload_2017-2-22_7-13-41.jpeg

Hello quick question.

I have my chl appointment tomorrow. I know I pay the 65 bucks to get the license and get my fingerprints and pic taken.

I know I need to bring my certification.

Besides my I. D., cert, 65$ payment and my self. Do I need to bring anything else?

Just been antsy since waiting almost 2 months for this and dont want to forget something stupid and delay the process even further.

Thanks for dealing with my dumb questions guys!
You will leave without your money and with dirty hands....:)

Thats fine. I can clock four years too easy. Im just pissed its gunna take four weeks for it to get to me... Meanwhile NW Armory does a background and it took 20 to 25 mins! I got my CAC card in the military faster! and that had a damn chip in it and they printed it on the spot!
A couple of years ago, when I got mine from Multnomah Co, I asked how many CHL apps they processed to date. It was about the 15th of May. She said they processed 15,000 in the first quarter (1/1 to 4/1). They are very busy...which is good!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top