JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow, that does suck. For Washington County, from CHL class to license in hand was 1 day short of 4 weeks.

My dad was a builder and he always hated building in Multnomah county because the permit process was such a slow hassle. Seems it is systemic, not just one department.

Thats fine. I can clock four years too easy. Im just pissed its gunna take four weeks for it to get to me... Meanwhile NW Armory does a background and it took 20 to 25 mins! I got my CAC card in the military faster! and that had a damn chip in it and they printed it on the spot!
The people at the Glisan MCSO office are pretty cool though...regardless of the process time.

Thats fine. I can clock four years too easy. Im just pissed its gunna take four weeks for it to get to me... Meanwhile NW Armory does a background and it took 20 to 25 mins! I got my CAC card in the military faster! and that had a damn chip in it and they printed it on the spot!

Once yo get you CHL remember to always put it on the 4473 when buying a gun. If they see you have a CHL you get bumped to the top of the list for the background check. The 20-25 minutes goes to 5-10 minutes.

The people at the Glisan MCSO office are pretty cool though...regardless of the process time.

hey so that one is a homeless shelter now AKA Hansen Shelter.

If you would like to get on the waiting list for that shelter you'll have to go to Transitions Projects downtown next to the Greyhound station. Be sure to bring your TB card with you. If you don't have one I suggest going to CCC's clinic up the street from there.

Have nice day

hey so that one is a homeless shelter now AKA Hansen Shelter.

If you would like to get on the waiting list for that shelter you'll have to go to Transitions Projects downtown next to the Greyhound station. Be sure to bring your TB card with you. If you don't have one I suggest going to CCC's clinic up the street from there.

Have nice day
Maybe I should let all the homless around my neighborhood living in their cars, tent trailers, and breaking bad motor homes opportunity awaits. :rolleyes::D

Wow. In the last 5 years, I have not had a BGC take more than 10 seconds for approval.

When I grabbed my AR at nw armory it took at least 20 to 30 minutes. I walked around long enough for me to have to remove my jacket because I got warm from all the people in there lol.

amongst all the required crap i had to take, i took a stamped, self addressed, envelope for them to mail it to me in.

I'm just realllly hoping it doesn't take four weeks... What kind of background check are they doing that it's going to take that long. It's ridiculous.

When I grabbed my AR at nw armory it took at least 20 to 30 minutes. I walked around long enough for me to have to remove my jacket because I got warm from all the people in there lol.

I'm just realllly hoping it doesn't take four weeks... What kind of background check are they doing that it's going to take that long. It's ridiculous.
4 weeks? mine took 45 BUSINESS days.

marion county

4 weeks? mine took 45 BUSINESS days.

marion county

My form says "can take up to 45 days"

Can anyone tell me why this takes this long? What the process is that required this to take this long. It makes me want to volunteer for the position just to get some more hands on the process to help it move. I've gotten VA appointments faster than this

My form says "can take up to 45 days"

Can anyone tell me why this takes this long? What the process is that required this to take this long. It makes me want to volunteer for the position just to get some more hands on the process to help it move. I've gotten VA appointments faster than this

My appointment was mid-December. They quoted me four weeks, and it came in 3 1/2 weeks.

I sent in my Multnomah application in mid October, got my biometric appointment for mid January, lady at the sheriff's office said "about four weeks" for the CHL to arrive, and it arrived yesterday, four weeks to the day.

My guess is Multnomah County is not keen on issuing CHLs, so they drag it out by under resourcing it. But the sherrif's office people are pleasant, just doing their job. Patience and you'll get there.

Oh the people were great! I know it's administrative. It's just ridiculous. I'm not even in pdx or Gresham city limits let them keep that nonsense to the city!

Your current ID, A secondary ID which can be a debit Card, payment which can be a debit card. Certificate that you completed the appropriate class, your hands and face.

Also it took me 5 months to the day from submitting my application to receiving my CHL in Multnomah County. I decided to get my Washington CPL because it's so close and not only did Clark County Sherrif's not require the class or appointment, they had they license to me as a non resident inside a month.

It takes so long because if they were current, they would not need additional funding. Being behind shows that they are underfunded and understaffed. Job security. That is how our government works. Here in Oregon, they create unnecessary rules and regulations to justify their jobs in administering those rules and regulations.

Yah, Marion county here & it was about the full on 45 business days. Super nice folks at the Sherriffs office though.

A plus though, you should now be in "the system", so background checks on purchases would automatically bump you to the top.

It was a real treat going from the longer wait, to near instant approval.

No need to list your CHL# on the form (I never have). It's linked to your Oregon drivers license when OSP does the check.

The only time you may need it is if doing a phone in check to get bumped (ie at a gun-show, the online system is down etc etc).

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews