JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello quick question.

I have my chl appointment tomorrow. I know I pay the 65 bucks to get the license and get my fingerprints and pic taken.

I know I need to bring my certification.

Besides my I. D., cert, 65$ payment and my self. Do I need to bring anything else?

Just been antsy since waiting almost 2 months for this and dont want to forget something stupid and delay the process even further.

Thanks for dealing with my dumb questions guys!

Thank ya! This is what I figured. Just double checking. I've waited so long it's almost a crime I'll have to wait for the physical copy to carry. Didn't need to forget something dumb.

I have special hidden compartments that I place my carry pieces and extra mags within easy reach of the driver.
Sometimes my wife drives one of my cars and it's not legal for her without a permit, especially in Portland.

You'll want to bring a twenty dollar bill. After you're photographed and fingerprinted, discreetly flash it to the person taking your application and ask if there's any way to speed up the wait time.

I know this thread is for Multnomah county, but I just went to Washington county on the 14th for my CHL appintment. I was expecting typical dealings like DMV, but they were very fast and helpful, and I had a great conversation with the sheriff about local ranges. Best of all, I walked out with my permit in hand. They printed it out on-site and handed it to me. No waiting period. I was really pleased with the whole experience.

To your questions, I would always bring 2 checks because you never know, your cert, drivers license and another ID. Also, print out a copy of the application you mailed in and bring it with you. When I got to my appointment they could not fine the copy I had mailed in, but because I had printed a copy and brought it with me the appointment went off without a hitch.

I know this thread is for Multnomah county, but I just went to Washington county on the 14th for my CHL appintment. I was expecting typical dealings like DMV, but they were very fast and helpful, and I had a great conversation with the sheriff about local ranges. Best of all, I walked out with my permit in hand. They printed it out on-site and handed it to me. No waiting period. I was really pleased with the whole experience.

To your questions, I would always bring 2 checks because you never know, your cert, drivers license and another ID. Also, print out a copy of the application you mailed in and bring it with you. When I got to my appointment they could not fine the copy I had mailed in, but because I had printed a copy and brought it with me the appointment went off without a hitch.

I didnt mail in a copy I dropped one off :/
I got my ID, My debit card (They told me they take it), my VA disability award letter, as well as certification. 1030 couldnt come fast enough!

I wish multnomah printed out copies on site. I think I have to wait for mine in the mail...

I didnt mail in a copy I dropped one off :/
I got my ID, My debit card (They told me they take it), my VA disability award letter, as well as certification. 1030 couldnt come fast enough!

I wish multnomah printed out copies on site. I think I have to wait for mine in the mail...

Sounds like your all set. I thought I would have to wait as well, so I had not ordered a holster for my carry gun ahead of time. Now I have to wait for that........ Go figure.

Just got back. Military trained me right. Made it from Troutdale to Multnomah sheriffs dept half an hour early and was seen, Only took five minutes and was back home at 1029 a minute before my actual appointment.

On the other hand... 4...count em FOUR weeks for a background check and my license mailed!? To hell with Multnomah county... What a crock of BS... Im shocked, annoyed, and pissed that in four weeks it means ill have waited about 3 months for this entire process...

Just got back. Military trained me right. Made it from Troutdale to Multnomah sheriffs dept half an hour early and was seen, Only took five minutes and was back home at 1029 a minute before my actual appointment.

On the other hand... 4...count em FOUR weeks for a background check and my license mailed!? To hell with Multnomah county... What a crock of BS... Im shocked, annoyed, and pissed that in four weeks it means ill have waited about 3 months for this entire process...
The best part is they don't alert you to the fact your CCP is about to expire...it's all on you man :D

Thats fine. I can clock four years too easy. Im just pissed its gunna take four weeks for it to get to me... Meanwhile NW Armory does a background and it took 20 to 25 mins! I got my CAC card in the military faster! and that had a damn chip in it and they printed it on the spot!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top