JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey you suppressor geeks!

I'm gearing up towards getting a suppressor that is .308 rated, yet can be quickly used on different platforms/calibers with whatever "quick-change" adapters are required. What sorts of animals fit this criteria? All suggestions are appreciated!

The platforms this would be potentially used on are:

AR15's in 5.56mm and 6.8SPC
(Future) AR10 in .308
Galil in .308
AK's in 7.62x39 (typical LH threads)
Ruger American Rifle in .308 (threads TBD later)
10/22 (LOL)

I don't know much about suppressors, but I'll be watching this thread. I'll be surprised if there is such a critter that can meet all your requirements.

You're going to have a hard time getting an adapter to fit the AK threads. Most mgfs steer well clear because they believe the threads and bore are not concentric, and given the sloppy fit against the FSB, you'll probably end up with baffle strikes.

10/22 (LOL)
Suppressed 10/22s are great :)

IMG_20151107_151627589 (444x800).jpg

I have a Hair Trigger Bufffalo, a .30 cal suppressor, rated to .300 WIN MAG, it uses YHM quick detach muzzle brakes. YHM makes several QD mounts with different thread sizes, AK included. I run mine on 5.56, .300 AAC BLK, and .308 WIN. The big down side is weight, it's heavy.

+1 on the Silencerco Omega. Great can, qd mounts, I use mine on 308, 300blk, & 5.56.

I would get a dedicated rimfire can though, that is some dirty stuff and you need to clean them.

I really like my SilencerCo Specwar 7.62. Its a bit heavy but sound reduction is awesome. If I had to choose a different one, I'd go with the Omega. 10oz is a big difference on the end of the barrel!

You're going to have a hard time getting an adapter to fit the AK threads. Most mgfs steer well clear because they believe the threads and bore are not concentric, and given the sloppy fit against the FSB, you'll probably end up with baffle strikes.

AAC makes a LH 51t mount. No strikes while mounted on my FAL (also LH threads) It's not hard to mount these and confirm they're not going to result in a baffle strike. If in fear, have professionally done.

I have an AAC 7.62 SD (more basic) with the 51Tooth quick detach flash hider.
It's economical compared some of the others. I've used it on my bolt .308.

Need to get to Tornado and have them install another flash hider on my FAL.

I have the flash hider on all my ARs, and my 300blk SBR.

I'm very happy with AAC.
I would recommend Hilary at Curt's Discount Shooter Supply in Milwaukie. She knows the ins/outs and will be very helpful.

I also went the trust route, so my SBR was done on a form-1.

I did a bunch of research and looking around and your going to end up with either a Silencerco Omega (I just got mine) or a Gemtech "One" personally for price and everything I would go with the Omega as i did a few months back, the other thing is I have heard that Silencerco is coming out with a Hybrid that is supposed to cover everything from 22 to 45/70, if that's the case... one can to rule them all.. but until then.. I would get a dedicated .22 can and then a 30 cal can of your liking, There is a lot of AAC 51t adapters out there, but they have been proven to not be nearly as reliable as first sold..the Omega uses a similar design with a better grip mechanism. The omega is also the lightest, quietest and cheapest of the can out there.. without going into the 1500 to 2400$ range for the can alone..

I would also highly suggest looking through http://www.silencershop.com/ and also http://www.capitolarmory.com/ as both will have sales and deals for you. I went through the silencershop to get my trust and can, and it was very easy.. hardest part was waiting.

IMG_8756.JPG

Thought hard about the omega or the sayker but then the Dead air sandman came on sale for $760.00 I couldn't pass it up .
I would love to do a side by side with one of you guy with an omega when mine comes in.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top