JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We shall storm the field.jpg

I wish I could be there today, but I know there will be more opportunities in the future. Thanks to @Cogs and all who are volunteering their time today to clean up our outdoor shooting areas, build relationships with organizations who manage the land, and educate others on what it means to be responsible gun owners. Keep up the good work and have fun today!

A little over 30 people (USFS sign-in sheet) and 3700 lbs (per Dumpstoppers). Cleaned up the two lanes at the meeting site and crews went on remote missions to clean up several other nearby areas.

VERY COOL!

Thanks all!

Cogs.

Post if I left you out or got you user name wrong.

Here's the list of who signed in to the NWFA sheet. @Joe Link would like to award you with the prestigious Volunteer banner under your user name!

@Hektore
@Bodyguard
@robertg
@echase1793
@PDX
@Ed Guinn
@hevymetlhed1982
@XyzzyYYZ
@FordPrefect
@Yola
@Lone Wolf
@Greshamreloadr
@PDXrifleman
@31Kwiredog
@Chad Purdum
@Peter Douglas
@rick benjamin
@Johnny
@Reno911
@ochocojack
@ageingstudent
@rangerlars
@BoringCruffler

... and Donna, whom did not put down her user name, but I know she's a member.

Anyone else who may have missed the sign-in sheet?

That's 25 NWFA members. Others were from the general community and all of the USFS people, (7-9), participated in cleaning up (we have photo proof of that!). In addition, we had 3 Dumpstoppers who were a tremendous help (couldn't have gotten 3700 pounds of trash off the mountain without their help!)

Good show gun owners!!!

Last Edited:
I gotta say, this cleanup would not have been what it was without the help of a few folks who went the extra mile by stepping up to help in certain areas.

Extra thanks to...

@echase1793 for cooking up such great hamburgers and hot dogs! (Nice kitchen setup!)
@FordPrefect for photo shoots (looking forward to seeing those pics!)
@Yola for Sign-in Attendant (well done!)
@pietro beretta for spreading the word to several vendor outlets (appreciate your contribution!)
@Donna who helped with food prep (nice you chipped in on short notice!)
@Bodyguard for getting Johnny to & from the event (Great to see his willing spirit to help).
@Lone Wolf for being my right hand man at every cleanup since the Spring of 2014 (Not a proud dad or anything! Right? :))
and
@EVERYONE for being a part of the NWFA "Supporting Gun Owners of the Pacific Northwest"!

Cogs

I enjoyed meeting/working alongside you all and am looking forward to the next time I can join in!

As a side note, I brought a black folding shovel and had leaned it up against the rocks next to the information board at the beginning of the day... Does anyone know where it might have ended up? It was nowhere to be found by the time we wrapped up -- I imagine it might have been picked up under the impression that it belonged to someone who left early.

Thank you! See you next time!

I enjoyed meeting/working alongside you all and am looking forward to the next time I can join in!

As a side note, I brought a black folding shovel and had leaned it up against the rocks next to the information board at the beginning of the day... Does anyone know where it might have ended up? It was nowhere to be found by the time we wrapped up -- I imagine it might have been picked up under the impression that it belonged to someone who left early.

Thank you! See you next time!
Shoot. I thought I ended up with a cool little shovel. Okay, I found it. It's visiting the flat, pointed and snow shovels right now. Planning to stay overnight. It will let you know tomorrow if it wants to come home or not. :D

PM me for an address or how we can connect. Happy to give it a good spanking and send it on it's way!

Shoot. I thought I ended up with a cool little shovel. Okay, I found it. It's visiting the flat, pointed and snow shovels right now. Planning to stay overnight. It will let you know tomorrow if it wants to come home or not. :D

PM me for an address or how we can connect. Happy to give it a good spanking and send it on it's way!

Thank you! PM incoming.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads