JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here's some of the before shots. Some of the after to follow.

IMG_0007.jpg IMG_0008.jpg IMG_0010.jpg IMG_0011.jpg

And now for some after shots.
I thought I had more of this area, but I guess I screwed up a bit on it.
IMG_0069.jpg

The large area, which according to somebody with a range finger is about 83 yards.
IMG_0092.jpg IMG_0093.jpg
And some of the 3700 lbs of garbage, plus cut up car body parts and a couch.
IMG_0100.jpg

I was impressed by the incredible effort by Cogs and Forest Service personnel in organizing and carrying out this event. I had no idea there could be so much trash and garbage discarded in such a pristine area, and was left wondering why? Everyone there yesterday can take pride in knowing you truly made a difference. Thank you all. I will be at the next cleanup for sure. And by the way, the hamburger was one of the best I have ever eaten. My thanks to the cook.

Thank you to all of you who volunteered, and especially @Cogs for continuing to lead these fantastic events. Expect your volunteer banners by tomorrow evening! :)

I am happy I could help spread the word, I wish I could have made it. I'm disappointed that I didn't get to meet some fantastic people. I even tried to adjust my schedule but it wasn't meant to be. :oops:

I'll make it to one of these events soon, I am going to put "pick up the burn" on my schedule to see if I can manage to schedule around the event so I can attend.

I did put a flyer up for Pick Up The Burn at Sporting Systems. I know it's a DNR event but still, NWFA needs to be their to represent our community.

I know it's a DNR event but still, NWFA needs to be their to represent our community.
Yes, it is DNR's event, however, it is up to each recreation group to make it as their own event and encourage participation from within. I know most of the groups have strong representation at the Burn event each year, however, we have not. YET! :)

Sorry I kicked out early. Glad I was able to come and contribute. Met a bunch of new faces and got to chat up the US Forest agents about joining together with the work being done in Tillamook.

Huge shout out to Bill and Ian for all their work setting up the clean ups. Thanks to all those that helped.

On behalf of our Mt. Hood Forest Shooter Information Volunteer Program, thank you so much to everyone who came out to show support for and demonstrate the positive message of safe and responsible target shooting on public lands. And thank you to all who could not attend but were present in spirit.

We have many opportunities to contribute to this beyond clean ups - our Mt Hood Forest Shooter Information Booth is a great opportunity to personally encourage fellow shooters to learn safe practices, regulations, and good locations and opportunities to practice our sport. This is also an opportunity to share a positive message about shooting sports with the general public, who may have only seen the damage and trash left by irresponsible shooters, and demonstrate that the vast majority are committed to treating public lands with respect.

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/2016-info-booth-mt-hood-usfs.213530/

Look for more information about this opportunity soon. Everyone who participated last year enjoyed it - hopefully they will return and help share about the program on the forum.

Public land managers across the northwest are feeling pressure to respond to the trash and damage left by some shooters - this is an opportunity to demonstrate that there are ways to turn the problem around without closures, and really make a difference in the process.

Contact @Cogs or @rangerlars for more information.

Mt. Hood Forest is also seeking one or more folks to volunteer to "adopt" the improved Wildcat site -- to periodically visit and help maintain the information board, the soon-to-come brochure dispenser, clean up managable litter and report heavy stuff to the USFS and Clackamas County Dumpstoppers. Any takers?

I am grateful to all in our community who have, and will step up to help out for the great good.

Rangerlars

Wow. Good work guys. If I didn't work weekends, I would have been there.

I've been up that way a couple times in the last month (hauled what I could) I know how much work you put into this cleanup. I also know the car got moved to more accessible spot (it was across the road in the trees) and props for grabbing that couch!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top