JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I own the Zenith 5RS and the 5P. Both of them have been flawless. buddy of mine has a POF. it functions fine but the welds and the fit and finish are not as clean. granted, this is a sample of one so take it with a grain of salt.

surprisingly, I don't have a solo picture of the RS.
32221685052_fb46a13444_b.jpg

32066240482_0df4832936_b.jpg

Still working up the perfect sub load for mine, but I'm really enjoying this little gun.

Added a aimpoint pro and a suppressor and it hasn't skipped a range trip yet.

What bullet and powder are you running? Using xtreme 165 and 147's with titegroup with good results out of the zenith 5RS and 5P.

Currently working on Berry's 147's and power pistol.

The midrange loads aren't getting complete burns, but they sound the best. Upper loads burn completely but are barely sub.

I have tons of titegroup so I'll try that next.

I hate all of you who own one.. because Im so jealous.

Not a fan of the .308/5.56 roller lock rifles.. but the Mp5 and clones are just tok sexy to pass up.

Wish they were a bit cheaper :mad:

I have a Coharie Arms MP5 pistol; build quality is great and it has given me no problems so I must have got one of the good ones. Currently awaiting my SBR paperwork. That binary trigger looks neat... But $600!

This arrived!!!! The Franklin Armory trigger dropped in and fit like a glove. Form 1 paperwork gets sent off next week.

z5-rs.jpg

I have an Omega mp5. Very nice fit and finish. 100% US parts, so no additional work to SBR. Plus, if I win the lottery, it's drop in ready for a registered sear or trigger pack.

oNkXc4o.jpg

I SBR'd it after this photo was taken.

A friend of mine should be getting his select fire MP5 in January (form processing notwithstanding). I am looking forward to giving her a go.

I have an Omega mp5. Very nice fit and finish. 100% US parts, so no additional work to SBR. Plus, if I win the lottery, it's drop in ready for a registered sear or trigger pack.

View attachment 415845

I SBR'd it after this photo was taken.

It's pretty much a given that these are supposed to be SBR'd. They should just include the paperwork when you purchase one.

My Franklin Armory trigger counts for four points. I have a U.S. forearm on the way for five. I can later add a U.S. buttstock to make six.

E

MP5 is not worth it.

Now we both have a reason to be hacked off at TFB. However I think he is off on some of his points. MP5 magazines from POF or KCI can be had for $30. He does make a good point about the initial price of these guns, but like he said........I don't live under a freeway overpass so I don't own a CZ Scorpion.

Last Edited:
I quit smoking cigs and vape in July of 2019. Finally I had the excuse to buy an expensive dream gun and be able to justify it lol. I smoked for twenty years! So glad I stopped.

So I bought a POF 5 MP5. Also ordered a couple of HK steel mags for $60 ea. and a SB Tactical HKPDW brace. I wanted to get the SBT5A brace but it has plastic parts.... I don't like plastic stocks, braces, or main optic rails.

I'm very excited and I can't wait to shoot the heck out of it.

I had forgot about this thread. I completed my Zenith clone project earlier this year.

With Form 1 efile back up and running with 3-4 week approvals, I would encourage going SBR instead of the brace route. It makes a really compact package with the collapsible stock.. :D

20190412_173813.jpg

Are these guns as short as they as easy to shoot as an AR?

This question isn't 'stealth criticism' - I'm curious as they look difficult to shoot, (to me anyway) though no doubt the 'coolness factor' is very high.

Are these guns as short as they as easy to shoot as an AR?

This question isn't 'stealth criticism' - I'm curious as they look difficult to shoot, (to me anyway) though no doubt the 'coolness factor' is very high.

A full sized MP5A3 with the 8.9 in barrel and the collapsible stock is 21.7 inches OAL with the stock retracted.

As for being difficult to shoot, they would not have been so widely successful and widely used if that were the case.

However, a SBR AR platform rifle can certainly challenge or exceed the MP5 for portability and ease of use and they definitely have an advantage in the firepower category if they are chambered 5.56.

E

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top