JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
HK is selling an actual semi auto version of this gun

The SP5K.....Yes HK is making them again....minus the paddle magazine release and threaded tri lug barrel.......for only an additional $800. Some guys are buying them and then sending them off to have the correct barrel, mag release, etc. installed, which probably put them approaching $4k by the time they are done, but it will say HK on the receiver!!

It's unfortunate that HK won't offer up an civilian model that matches the original or a true SD model for the U.S. market. Clearly there is demand for them with is why other manufacturers are producing models to fill the void.

2017-11-08-03-34-27-.jpg

E

Last Edited:
The SP5K.....Yes HK is making them again....minus the paddle magazine release and threaded tri lug barrel.......for only an additional $800. Some guys are buying them and then sending them off to have the correct barrel, mag release, etc. installed, which probably put them approaching $4k by the time they are done, but it will say HK on the receiver!!

E

The last one I held sure did feel pretty cool-- you can ask Coca-Cola if ya don't believe, but the real thing will always be in demand:eek:
even if ya can't make it go fast

I'm waiting for their promised rebuttal video.

I'm glad you are happy with your MPX and I'm sure it' a fine firearm, but here's my problem with it...............it looks too much like an AR platform.
I shoot for fun, and call me a firearm attention whore if you must, but I like firearms that stand out from the crowd.

I am currently retrofitting a 91 platform rifle into a HK-11 LMG clone. No one mistakes it for a AR and it has that Cold War era vibe to it. I found a original HK 1000 meter sight last week and now I'm on the hunt for the heavy buffer. I find it kinda cool unwrapping surplus parts and magazines that have been in storage for decades, sometimes still new and with factory seals. I'm guessing that the MPX isn't there yet to where surplus parts are available.
View attachment 403199

The MP5 is iconic and like a moth to a flame, that is what draws me to it. The MPX, for all its positives, will never be able to make that claim, and sadly, will not make this year's Christmas list.

View attachment 403200

E

zenith 5-RS

Runs absolutely fantastic. I'll be picking up a short version when they restock.

And it's fun suppressed as well;)

View attachment 403325 View attachment 403326
I almost un-liked each of these posts just so that I could like them again! :) Pictures are great but you really have to hold one of these in your hands and shoot it. :s0056:

That's a great vid.

Yes....although I'm thinking the background music is somewhat off. o_O

There is also a video out there that gives a tour of the MKE facility in Turkey. It shows some of the original equipment used to manufacture the Zenith series with the HK logos still on the equipment.

E

:)

Currently using my octane 45, have a GA Revo 9 in process.

Working up 147gr subs right now. 850fs is crazy quiet. But not much for groups.

950-1000fps are looking promising.
I've run mine with an Omega 9K and commercial subsonics from Freedom, Federal and Magtech. All ran flawlessly as long as I kept the bolt lubricated. Sounds like a staple gun. No smoke in the face. Smooth and nicely balanced. I didn't really measure groups, but the smiles were substantial. :)

The SP5K.....Yes HK is making them again....minus the paddle magazine release and threaded tri lug barrel.......for only an additional $800. Some guys are buying them and then sending them off to have the correct barrel, mag release, etc. installed, which probably put them approaching $4k by the time they are done......

View attachment 403498

E

This is what some are doing with their HK SP5K's....Form 1 builds and rebarrel for suppressors. Makes for a pretty slick CQC package!

IMG_7212.jpg

120778d1497561387-hk-sp5k-official-thread-sp5k-sbr-left-view.jpg

The H & K shoulder fired rifles and carbines are awesome. Make sure you talk to Adam over at HKPARTS.NET and get the armorers manual. Eventually you'll need to fit new rollers, replace a part or two, etc... I have at least one each in .40 and 10MM.

The paddle mag release and bolt hold open, as well as all metal cocking tube parts are recommended upgrades.

If you've got a big bore MP5, the 10MM suppressors are actually getting affordable now.

Make sure you talk to Adam over at HKPARTS.NET......

What prison should I call to talk with Adam? Or has he not been sentenced yet?

Given the choice between HKParts.net or RTG Parts I will almost always choose RTG if they have what I'm looking for. That being said, when I have ordered from HK PARTS, their service has always been top notch. Hopefully they survive after Adam goes off on his grey bar vacation.

E

Last Edited:
Franklin Armory has finally starting shippng the new HK triggers. These will drop into any of the 90 series rifles....and also the MP5 series! I've had one on pre-order for some time now and Franklin claims that all orders will be filled by Christmas.

Another roller lock fan received his and was kind enough to post a pic of a production trigger.

hk1.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top