JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
LAdW36e.jpg
Dakota Tactical D54-N

Is slapping the charging handle really a no no with these guns? I've heard it can mess the gun up.

That question is a on again/off again raging debate in the roller lock community but the vast majority agree that it's ok. Plus if a person were to actually read the manual of arms from HK, they tell you to do this.

The only argument that I have heard that may have some credibility is damage to the cocking tube indent where the cocking handle rests when the bolt is being held open. The claim is that the "slap" can wear the indent if performed repeatedly. However I have never seen this occur with my firearms or had anyone produce evidence of it occurring.

Lock the cocking lever in the open position, insert a fresh magazine, and slap that baby home.

20191023_061945.jpg 20191023_062012.jpg

E

That question is a on again/off again raging debate in the roller lock community but the vast majority agree that it's ok. Plus if a person were to actually read the manual of arms from HK, they tell you to do this.

The only argument that I have heard that may have some credibility is damage to the cocking tube indent where the cocking handle rests when the bolt is being held open. The claim is that the "slap" can wear the indent if performed repeatedly. However I have never seen this occur with my firearms or had anyone produce evidence of it occurring.

Lock the cocking lever in the open position, insert a fresh magazine, and slap that baby home.

View attachment 627148View attachment 627149

E
I direct the slap forward and down, just like Scarlett. Now we're all getting banned. :eek: :s0087:

I picked up my POF MP5 from my FFL yesterday. The owner of the pawn shop was playing with my gun a little lol, I think he liked it. I could tell it's not something they get in often and they had to fondle it a bit.

I did a quick inspection and all was well. The gun came in a box in a box. The main box holding the gun didn't have any writing or logos on it.... as simple as it comes. Box contained the green cleaning kit, a green military style sling, a magazine, and the manual.

The paint job is okay, some dings and scratches. The paint job looks like a powder coat job. There are some shinny and dull spots. The gun is not gonna win any beauty contests but that's fine with me, because eventually I'll get a Cerakote Elite job done. I didn't see anything canted or lose. There is a small mag wobble but nothing that would concern me. I had a lonewolf flash hider so I installed it, and my brace should be arriving today. Next week I plan on taking it shooting and I'll keep you guys posted.

mp6.jpg mp7.jpg mp5.jpg mp1.jpg mp4.jpg mp3.jpg mp2.jpg

A few days ago I went and shot my POF MP5. Second round didn't go into battery and I had a few operator errors but that was it. I shot 400 rounds and all was well. What a sweet shooter!

I used two HK mags and the POF mag that came with it. I got home and took one HK mag apart and put it back together. I took the POF mag apart and put it back together but the floor plate won't seat right so now the mag only takes 29 rounds and not 30. Actually the HK mags take 31 rounds but I load them to 30. So the POF mag is gonna be my range mag. I will be buying a few more HK mags. Yes the HK mags are expensive but I guess you pay for solid reliability and that is why they are more expensive. Cheapest HK mags I can find in stock is $61 at GRABaGUN.

The iron sights are good but I think I am gonna get a rail and a MRO and go the red dot route.... well, either a red dot or green dot MRO. Cleaning the gun was not bad at all, but my brace is a tight fit and I have to use a mallet to get it on and off.... big deal, hopefully it will loosen up in time. Once I get a few more mags, I am gonna start EDCing the gun :) it is a nice car gun for sure.

So, I have done some research and some say the straight mags are reliable, some say they are not as reliable as the curved mags. I ordered two straight mags this morning and can't wait to get them.

Who out there has experience with straight HK mags and how is the reliability with the straight mags?

I have two HK curved and I have Corbon JHP in them. With the straight mags, I want to run something like Corbon Pow'R Ball 9mm because it looks and feeds like FMJ but it's JHP, and I just like the Pow'R Ball round in general. I am however very limited on the Pow'R Ball ammo on hand and I can't find any for sale. Or I'll just run some good quality FMJs.... you know, variety :)

Straight mags work fine. Really just depends on the build of your MP5 clone. I've used ETS mags, straight mags, MKE, POF, Iranian contract mags... All work fine. However, I know some people have issues with certain mags.

So, I have done some research and some say the straight mags are reliable, some say they are not as reliable as the curved mags. I ordered two straight mags this morning and can't wait to get them.

Who out there has experience with straight HK mags and how is the reliability with the straight mags?

I have two HK curved and I have Corbon JHP in them. With the straight mags, I want to run something like Corbon Pow'R Ball 9mm because it looks and feeds like FMJ but it's JHP, and I just like the Pow'R Ball round in general. I am however very limited on the Pow'R Ball ammo on hand and I can't find any for sale. Or I'll just run some good quality FMJs.... you know, variety :)

I have one straight mag. A 12/67 HK magazine. It is the only magazine my Zenith does not like.

E

I'm waiting for their promised rebuttal video.

I'm glad you are happy with your MPX and I'm sure it' a fine firearm, but here's my problem with it...............it looks too much like an AR platform.
I shoot for fun, and call me a firearm attention whore if you must, but I like firearms that stand out from the crowd.

I am currently retrofitting a 91 platform rifle into a HK-11 LMG clone. No one mistakes it for a AR and it has that Cold War era vibe to it. I found a original HK 1000 meter sight last week and now I'm on the hunt for the heavy buffer. I find it kinda cool unwrapping surplus parts and magazines that have been in storage for decades, sometimes still new and with factory seals. I'm guessing that the MPX isn't there yet to where surplus parts are available.
View attachment 403199

The MP5 is iconic and like a moth to a flame, that is what draws me to it. The MPX, for all its positives, will never be able to make that claim, and sadly, will not make this year's Christmas list.

View attachment 403200
Ive got to completely agree with nehalemgu, but my reasons may be a bit different.

The MPX may be all that ... sure, you can SBR it ... and suppress it BUT you're still shooting semi, and there is NOTHING you can do to legally make a transferable fully automatic MPX ... at least in the USA.

Now, HK on the other hand, well, that's just a different story.

One sear and a whole bunch of hosts, 9mm, 223, 7,62x39 & 308.
The MP5 below is Coharie Arms, I bought it used with unknown number of rounds, I've put 9-10K through it and not a single problem related to the gun but I have had a few ammo and mag related failures.

Roller-Lock-Pistol-Collection.jpg

As to MP5 clones, I've also got the Omega MP5SD and MP5K.
I went with Omega forthree main reasons,
#1 They come sear ready
#2 The source of the build parts
#3 Backed by Atlantic

I've not had a single reason to regret the Omega's

image-2.jpg

A semi MPX doesn't hold a candle to a fully auto HK :)

Last Edited:
Can't wait to join this conversation if PSA eve comes through.
Not sure if my GSG-5 qualifies, but it's a fun 22.
I just picked one up for a price I couldn't refuse. I haven't shot it yet, but I've already been looking to trick it out. Have you made any modifications to yours or had any problems?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top