JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welcome. Just don't vote for any anti-gun politician and vote down any bill/initiative that wants to put any restrictions on firearms. cause they're all just pieces to the total ban puzzle and if you don't look at it far enough back to see all of the pieces coming together, then you might mistake it for the sheep it's dressed up as to sell to the masses rather than the wolf it really is.

You're a bit late though...state is already on a steep downhill slope. Us natives are already packing up and leaving this state as it has already been californiacated.

2A first and foremost. No Rynos, no Cucks, but otherwise I vote all red.

Tonight is my last night in Commiefornia.

See you all soon!
Where abouts are you moving to in WA? Might end up near one of us members on here. We can take ya out to the range and break ya in properly with some sweet freedom.

Nothin like takin an unmarked semi-auto .308 with a muzzle brake and 20 rounds in the mag to rattle your cage and help you realize you're free! (for now... LOL)

Or takin a .22lr rifle out with standard velocity ammo, 25rd mag, and a silencer on the end ;) Or even a pistol with the same silencer on the end. Good fun they are.

Oregon can take it a step further and for a few lucky individuals with RDIAS or registered receivers: go full auto.

and if someone's got a 50BMG and range that allows it...there's another one to pop your cherry on :D

Safe travels!

Moving to Washington now is like jumping into a time machine to 1980's California. No "assault weapons" ban, no evil magazine ban, but potential legislation lurking.
YET... they're going For All The Marbles this year.

2A first and foremost. No Rynos, no Cucks, but otherwise I vote all red.
Sadly, you just described the majority of Washington State Republican Party officials... :( Between them and Hucktards, they're the reason I call myself an EX-Republican. But I'll still perform honorable seppuku rather than dishonor myself with a Blue Team vote...

I came up from San Jose last year. Best idea my wife and I have ever had.
I sold a bunch of guns back in the PRK before I left which funded my purchases up here. A lot of California style laws are up for votes in the legislature right now so I advise you move up here sooner, rather than later. Sell stuff off at extortionate prices down there. You'll have less to move and more money for all the cool stuff available here. Even without the guns though, Washington is way superior to California. It's way less crowded, the air is cleaner, traffic is lighter and the DMV here is amazing. They actually ask if they can help you and they mean it! Dear wife and I were in and out in 15 minutes!! CCW took 50 minutes at the Sheriff's office paperwork, prints and photo and 32 days to arrive. No state income taxes but property taxes are flaky (No Prop 13 here). The biggest problem we've had here was finding good Mexican food. On the subject of food-- Across the river is Portland and lots of great restaurants and micro-breweries.
Moving up here is worth the effort.

Tonight is my last night in Commiefornia.

See you all soon!

Drive safe! We may not be the best state to move into, but for now, we are a lot better than kommiefornia.

As mentioned numerous times before, WA is going through "changes" when you get here buy anything and everything you can. Who knows what future laws will mirror kommiefornia. :oops:

Where abouts are you moving to in WA? Might end up near one of us members on here. We can take ya out to the range and break ya in properly with some sweet freedom.

Nothin like takin an unmarked semi-auto .308 with a muzzle brake and 20 rounds in the mag to rattle your cage and help you realize you're free! (for now... LOL)

Or takin a .22lr rifle out with standard velocity ammo, 25rd mag, and a silencer on the end ;) Or even a pistol with the same silencer on the end. Good fun they are.

Oregon can take it a step further and for a few lucky individuals with RDIAS or registered receivers: go full auto.

and if someone's got a 50BMG and range that allows it...there's another one to pop your cherry on :D

Safe travels!

Sequim!

I came up from San Jose last year. Best idea my wife and I have ever had.
I sold a bunch of guns back in the PRK before I left which funded my purchases up here. A lot of California style laws are up for votes in the legislature right now so I advise you move up here sooner, rather than later. Sell stuff off at extortionate prices down there. You'll have less to move and more money for all the cool stuff available here. Even without the guns though, Washington is way superior to California. It's way less crowded, the air is cleaner, traffic is lighter and the DMV here is amazing. They actually ask if they can help you and they mean it! Dear wife and I were in and out in 15 minutes!! CCW took 50 minutes at the Sheriff's office paperwork, prints and photo and 32 days to arrive. No state income taxes but property taxes are flaky (No Prop 13 here). The biggest problem we've had here was finding good Mexican food. On the subject of food-- Across the river is Portland and lots of great restaurants and micro-breweries.
Moving up here is worth the effort.

I moved here from florida and agree!

As of Jan. 1, 2019 WA CPL holders will no longer be exempt to the 10 day waiting period requirement for handgun purchases. All handgun purchases in WA will require a ten day wait, regardless of if you have a CPL or not.

That's not true as far as I'm aware. I've made a few transactions since January 1st and never had to wait with a CPL. Washington is DEFINITELY much better than California regarding regulations. There's very little information in this thread about what you should watch for coming from California; everyone is telling you the state is hell and not to move here. I love Washington, the hikes, the mountains, the trees, and wouldn't move anywhere else. Oh, and the Mexican food is AMAZING if you live near Bellevue/Seattle :D

The major kerfuffle at the moment in WA is the fact that the most recent legislation, I-1639, has defined any semi-automatic rifle as an "assault rifle". It's ridiculous to be certain and opens up a can of worms for upcoming legislation, but we'll have to see what happens.

Stuff you need to know. To put it short, Washington does not recognize a CA CPL, so you'll be unable to carry concealed for 90 days + 30 days (granted you get your WA driver's license in the meantime), or until you're able to pick up a WA CPL. The process to get one is extremely simple (at least, compared to CA), and only took minor paperwork and fingerprints at the police headquarters in Seattle, plus a 30-day waiting period if you have a WA driver's license, otherwise typically 60 days.

New legislation in 2019 (I-1639) states that in order to purchase a firearm, you must be at least 21 years old and have shown completion of a firearm safety training course or equivalent experience otherwise. In addition, all firearms considered pistols are to leave any FFL with a locking mechanism (this includes AR pistols); meaning, if you want transfer an AR pistol to a buyer or a friend, you MUST have a locking device on the firearm as it leaves i.e. standard Glock cable lock through the ejection port and magazine well, etc. If a firearm you own is stolen and used by a prohibited user in a crime, you will most definitely be prosecuted for the failure of locking your firearm properly. From I-1639: "WARNING: YOU MAY FACE CRIMINAL PROSECUTION IF YOU STORE OR LEAVE AN UNSECURED FIREARM WHERE A PERSON WHO IS PROHIBITED FROM POSSESSING FIREARMS CAN AND DOES OBTAIN POSSESSION."

Background checks work in a similar fashion as they did prior to I-1639 for now. This means you are placed on a 10-day waiting period, and 60 days if you don't have a WA driver's license. Typically, if you have a CPL the process is immediate. If you don't have a CPL the process is completed quicker than 10 days. I can't attest for the waiting times without a WA license as I've never been in that situation. It's possible that wait times may increase with the introduction of enhanced background checks.

Finally, if you have a CPL (or even if you don't and already own a firearm), you'll be "re-verified" on a repeated schedule:
"Within twelve months of the effective date of this section, the department of licensing shall, in conjunction with the Washington state patrol and other state and local law enforcement agencies as necessary, develop a cost-effective and efficient process to..."
"Verify, on an annual or more frequent basis, that persons who acquired pistols or semiautomatic assault rifles pursuant to this chapter remain eligible to possess a firearm under state and federal law".

There are no restrictions on magazine capacity or bans on parts and components (other than the federally-restricted of course) for now. They've been trying to pull strings for years.

Source: https://www.wethegoverned.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/finaltext_1531.pdf

Last Edited:
You do not need to wait 90 before applying for your CPL. As a newer resident the statute gives the LEO the option of delaying your application, but the LEO is not required to do so. Please read what the RCW actually says.

As of Jan. 1, 2019 WA CPL holders will no longer be exempt to the 10 day waiting period requirement for handgun purchases. All handgun purchases in WA will require a ten day wait, regardless of if you have a CPL or not.
Not true
I have already purchased 2 handguns this year and walked out with them.
Come July this may end because of an FBI issue, not Washington law.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top