JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
haha i love how people dont bother reading the title. it says moving to washington not oregon. and secondly if i am a gun owner on a pro second amendment forum, doesnt it strike you some common sense that i have no reason to change laws?

you should stay in california. and dont ever move to oregon it sucks here alot (I was born here). I dont need more outta towners moving here and changing laws and the directions of the streets in Portland. I think you should stay in the state you were born. Washington has great Meth I've Heard enjoy.

That is true, we do make the best crank.

haha i love how people dont bother reading the title. it says moving to washington not oregon. and secondly if i am a gun owner on a pro second amendment forum, doesnt it strike you some common sense that i have no reason to change laws?

Allow me to offer you an early welcome to WA. I was in Hollywood CA on the day of the shoot out on 12/9/2011, not having my gun on me that day didn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy like the liberals say it should. When we got back to WA and I armed up, I was reminded how glad I am to live here, and not there.

Welcome to WA! RCW 9.41 is your friend. State F&W has a booklet you can download that has all of the firearms regs (including F&W not just carry regs.). Good study. link: http://wdfw.wa.gov/publications/00511/wdfw00511.pdf

Basically, you can carry loaded most everywhere. (RCW 9.41.300 for restrictions) Open Carry without a license (except: generally no loaded carry in a vehicle without a license, just pop the mag out and clear the weapon...exceptions at 9.41.060) Loaded OC or CC in a vehicle with a CPL (shall issue, $55.25/5 years, 30 days max wait, usually a lot less, apply at your local sheriff's office or if in town you MAY be able to apply at the town police...Sheriff is usually better.).

Oh yes, no loaded long guns in a vehcle...ever...

Firearms restrictions are limited to FA, sbs and sbr. Suppressors ok to use now. FA is legal, but restricted. No mag restrictions, no evil gun restrictions...etc. etc...

BTW: ignore the guys from OR, they just want you to come, leave your money and go home...:)

Welcome to WA! RCW 9.41 is your friend. State F&W has a booklet you can download that has all of the firearms regs (including F&W not just carry regs.). Good study.

Basically, you can carry loaded most everywhere. (RCW 9.41.300 for restrictions) Open Carry without a license (except: generally no loaded carry in a vehicle without a license, just pop the mag out and clear the weapon...exceptions at 9.41.060) Loaded OC or CC in a vehicle with a CPL (shall issue, $55.25/5 years, 30 days max wait, usually a lot less, apply at your local sheriff's office or if in town you MAY be able to apply at the town police...Sheriff is usually better.).

Firearms restrictions are limited to FA, sbs and sbr. Suppressors ok to use now. FA is legal, but restricted. No mag restrictions, no evil gun restrictions...etc. etc...

BTW: ignore the guys from OR, they just want you to come, leave your money and go home...:)

very nice sir thank you for all the info. im def pumped to move up there!

Oh yes, no loaded long guns in a vehicle...ever...

And the definition of a loaded long gun in WA is different too!! No shells in the chamber or mag locked in the weapon, but the mag can be full and in the well, just not locked into firing position. However, I would leave the loaded mag outside the weapon anyway.
In OR it looks like there is no prohibition against having a loaded long gun in your vehicle except that your vehicle is considered "public place" as stated by the Oregon Court of Appeals so the local laws like in Portland would prevail.

i know my parents wont be too happy at first once i tell them im moving out of state but once i explain to them and they realize that its whats best for me if i wanna pursue my dream career then theyll come around. plus i have family up there too so i will somewhat feel at home lol

i know my parents wont be too happy at first once i tell them im moving out of state but once i explain to them and they realize that its whats best for me if i wanna pursue my dream career then theyll come around. plus i have family up there too so i will somewhat feel at home lol

I just thought I would say, after seeing you were from North Hollywood, I lived (for a very short time) in North Hollywood back in the early 60s. (and that was before GCA68 and the gun laws in CA were just fine then) Everyone has to try California to find out why they live up here in the great PNW. I also lived in OR from 1955 to 1963, so I know the area a bit. When you get up here you have to come over to the dry side and visit. See the better half of WA...:)

it rains to much here,your guns will rust and you`ll hate it. we have to many Calidorkians here,they hate guns,hunting,fishing,logging,and they can`t drive. No wonder you want to leave LOL

,and they can`t drive.

Funny, that someone from Washington would say that people from CA can't drive.

Out of all the places I've been, CA drivers while seemingly crazy, are predictable. WA and OR drivers are the most bubbleguming erratic and unpredictable bubblegumhead drivers I've ever seen. Also, I've noticed that people that will "hang" in the fast lane when they should merge over, 90% of the time is a WA plate.

/rant off

Oh my gawd that's true. Washington drivers are the most left lane 57mph on I5 driving bunch of retards in the country.

Coming from socal you're gonna hafta make yourself calm down in traffic.

I was stationed at El Toro(Orange County) and Miramar(San Diego) when I was in the Marines and it's definitely an adjustment period coming back up here.

haha i think its nicer up there than down here in noho lol. less traffic, nicer neighborhoods, etc haha
Same gang graffiti, homeless people, endless strip malls and high density apartment buildings. More rain, though.

If you want a nicer area, go north to Bellevue or east to Maple Valley.

I was born and raised in the LA area, lived in Van Nuys for 13 years, and drove a cab in North Hollywood for a couple years. If you can stand the weather, you will like it up here.

haha yea when i was there last week it seemed like everyone drives at or under the speed limit. it drove me crazy for the first few days i was there then sorta kinda adapted. i wasnt the one driving tho so it prob wouldve been different coming from a city where most ppl drive like 15mph higher than the speed limit lol.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews