JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Californians flee the hell hole they created and then promptly re-create the same kind of hell hole in OR and WA. Also they are taking their idiotic politics to Boise and other area which will likely soon be ruined also. Portland used to be a nice town with nice people. Today it is hell.
Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Florida, North Carolina, Colorado, etc. are concerned about SOME people not just CA transplants messing up their states too.

I have read comments from people living in Utah and Nevada recently too. One man was commenting on the stabbings and deaths that JUST happened in LV done by an ILLEGAL ALIEN.

A bunch of long time LV and other NV residents including ones born in the LV area not just transplants said that when the FAMILIES aka the MOB ran things in LV - they kept it pretty clean and so forth. They would NOT ALLOW all of the bums and transient drunks/dope fiends LIVE and SQUAT on the STRIP OR AROUND THOSE AREAS worse off in the TUNNELS. IT was a huge discussion on some news websites.

IT is happening ALL OVER this country!

The inmates are running the asylum!

The bat s CRAZIES and hard core CRIMINALS are running loose and doing all kinds of CRIME, murders, etc.

You can run but you can't HIDE.

Cate

Californians flee the hell hole they created and then promptly re-create the same kind of hell hole in OR and WA. Also they are taking their idiotic politics to Boise and other area which will likely soon be ruined also. Portland used to be a nice town with nice people. Today it is hell.
I don't disagree, but there is hope:

We moved to the Boise metro area 18 months ago after living in CA for 39 years because CA was becoming insane. And it has grown far worse since then... after Newsom beat the recall, he knows he can do what he really wants to now and people will have no recourse against him.

Most of the people I encounter outside of Boise also have CA roots, but are overwhelmingly conservative and would not spread the insanity here. We moved here not to introduce an alternate ideology, but were attracted here by ideologies we share. I'm sure there are the closet leftists here, but most people walk the walk. I feel so comfortable here- unthreatened, sharing my opinions, seeing common sense and traditional values in everything from schools to the Fire Dept. There are some RINOs in office, who we are identifying and not voting for, but in general all is good, thanks be to God. You can write Boise off, but Ada County and surrounding areas are still rational.

Despite all its downs falls, there are a few good things about CA. Depending on where you live: job opportunities are plentiful, the ladies are smoking hot, there is always nightlife and something to do, lots and lots of beautiful scenery…… uh, I think that's it.
Sure, you just need a seven figure salary, to surrender your guns and not mind stepping over the sh!t from some scumbags who 50%-50% chances are going to jump out of the bushes and shank you. Other than that it's a great place to be from.

California treats concealed fixed-blade knives as 'dirks or daggers' and makes it a felony to carry that way.

State law does not generally care about blade lengths.

See also my Calguns thread: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=815906
Some city and county laws do regulate blade length. Example, unless the law has changed, San Francisco says any knife 3" or longer is a dangerous weapon. So be sure to check local laws for knifes also.

Sure, you just need a seven figure salary, to surrender your guns and not mind stepping over the sh!t from some scumbags who 50%-50% chances are going to jump out of the bushes and shank you. Other than that it's a great place to be from.
That's why I moved. And you will just as likely get shot, the BGs still have guns.

And if you have a 7 digit salary you can get away with owning "illegal" guns if you know and pay the local Sheriff. Corruption is rampant.

Over-generalization. Jay Inslee and Bob Ferguson (as contemporary examples) were both born in Seattle, they didn't have to be California imports to be anus politicians.

Think about it, surely some portion of the Californians leaving the state are doing so for the same reasons we don't want to move there.

Amen sister, the locals selling property to California refugees smiled all the way to the bank. Yes, some locals get PO'd that they don't have as much money as some other people, including other locals who are already property owners. There will always be haves and have nots, a simple fact of life the people pushing for social equity cannot understand.
I went to grad school in California and petty much grew up there. I lived in areas that when I lived there were deep red most of the time. I left because I wanted more freedom. Trust me when I say, I vote the exact opposite of the California stereotypes. California refugees can be good folks. California missionaries, those are the problem. Heading to Idaho

Last Edited:
I lived in areas that when I lived there were deep red most of the time
Yes, whatever happened to that stronghold of conservatism known as Orange County? Very strong Goldwater country in 1964. These days, Mrs. Merkt watches "Housewives of OC" out of boredom while she's on the exercycle. Bunch of bubbleheads. Or the gangs of Santa Ana on the cop shows. Just goes to show how thin the veneer of civilization can be.

Yes, whatever happened to that stronghold of conservatism known as Orange County? Very strong Goldwater country in 1964. These days, Mrs. Merkt watches "Housewives of OC" out of boredom while she's on the exercycle. Bunch of bubbleheads. Or the gangs of Santa Ana on the cop shows. Just goes to show how thin the veneer of civilization can be.
C091B96A-1B12-41BB-83DB-97F540373877.png
:p

I confess I skipped a lot of responses here. I just moved from CA to OR and if OP haven't moved yet, I would recommend not doing it lol
In case you are firm, your rifles will have to either be featureless (no flash hider, no vertical foregrip, fin on pistol grip and fixed stock) or magazine locked (this allows you to have "evil" features such as pistol grip, collapsible stock, etc… BUT requires you to break the lower from upper to reload.) For maglock look up juggernaut tactical for example. For the AK, I believe you can try a COMPMAG if you don't want to go featureless. All mags need to be 10 rounds or less.

As for pistols, you need 10 round mags. Just an FYI, off roster guns are worth a fortune over there.

By the way, if you decide to go featureless on the AR, hit me up. I'm turning mine into a "free state" gun and have a fixed magpul stock and fin grip I can let go.

I confess I skipped a lot of responses here. I just moved from CA to OR and if OP haven't moved yet, I would recommend not doing it lol
In case you are firm, your rifles will have to either be featureless (no flash hider, no vertical foregrip, fin on pistol grip and fixed stock) or magazine locked (this allows you to have "evil" features such as pistol grip, collapsible stock, etc… BUT requires you to break the lower from upper to reload.) For maglock look up juggernaut tactical for example. For the AK, I believe you can try a COMPMAG if you don't want to go featureless. All mags need to be 10 rounds or less.

As for pistols, you need 10 round mags. Just an FYI, off roster guns are worth a fortune over there.

By the way, if you decide to go featureless on the AR, hit me up. I'm turning mine into a "free state" gun and have a fixed magpul stock and fin grip I can let go.
Oregon is definitely not a "FREE STATE"

When I moved out of CA years ago I didn't view it as moving to a free state with respect to gun laws, I viewed it as a free-ish state, a time machine. Essentially 1980 CA status. Temporary opportunity to legally buy what I wanted. And things have gone just as I expected, with respect to gun laws.

But contrary to the overbroad assumptions by many members here I have voted 100% pro freedom, donated to pro freedom groups, and been vocal to legislators during bill debates.

Bruen was an unexpected surprise, but even after it gets applied for ten years to cover various situations I expect that eventually a new US Supreme Court will overrule it, and Heller, so don't place all your hopes in the legal system protecting self-defense. With the Democrats winning Senate elections even after they have done obvious damage to the Nation, it won't be judges like these who replace the ones who age and die:

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men & women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."-Judge Learned Hand

B9744167-6D3A-490A-88E4-B6FA9B95D11D.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads