Southwest Firearms Forum
Landhawk Arms
J&B Firearm Sales
Gun Deals
Defensive Arts
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
  • We will be closing the site for server maintenance at 6:00AM PST. Expected downtime is 30 minutes.  More Info
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Moving after waiting period started

kmk1012

Reactions
  • Autobiographer
  • Woke Up Like This
Will moving/changing addresses mess up a silencer purchase? I really want to get it started but probably should another month or so to establish residence at the new house next month.

OP
kmk1012

kmk1012

Reactions
  • Autobiographer
  • Woke Up Like This
Not yet, close and get the keys in a few weeks. Probably take at least another week or so to establish residence via mail.

OP
kmk1012

kmk1012

Reactions
  • Autobiographer
  • Woke Up Like This
I’m thinking if if I can wait long enough (I’m not good at waiting, LOL) the Black Friday buy one get a green 22lr one may be worth it too.

Reactions
If you filled out all the paper work properly and legally when you applied, there should not be any problem with your move.
What I have discovered from over 70 years of living and breathing in the Pacific Northwest is that if I keep my mouth shut and pay my taxes the feds don't care much where I live.

Are you moving in your current state or a different one? Because that does matter for NFA paperwork. (But if it is just a week, why not just wait?)

OP
kmk1012

kmk1012

Reactions
  • Autobiographer
  • Woke Up Like This
I have not moved or applied yet. I’m staying within the state, I was just curious if moving AFTER filing the paperwork would throw a monkey wrench in anything. Sorry for any confusion. At this point I’m going to wait but, still curious about the proper proceedings.

KKG

Reactions
My suggestion is call the folks at ATF. A BIG part of their Job is answering questions.

OP
kmk1012

kmk1012

Reactions
  • Autobiographer
  • Woke Up Like This
Well.....I’m all moved now and haven’t ordered a can yet. Just got my CHL swapped to the new county today. Now I’m looking for suppressors like crazy. It’s very confusing as far as what to order. I’ve got several 22 cal centerfire rifles as well as a couple 9mm rifles/pistols. I’d like to get one that could work with all but don’t want to sacrifice performance.

BDA.45

Reactions
Dammit man, was hoping you applied for the can THEN moved in the process....I was also curious about the outcome but didn't want you to be a scapegoat (you wouldn't be the first....)......but my A-hole side kinda did. I'm super curious about this myself....:s0033:

OP
kmk1012

kmk1012

Reactions
  • Autobiographer
  • Woke Up Like This
Just completed everything, papers done, finger prints and photos done today. The waiting begins, I submitted it on the “new” form and from what I hear, that’s a good thing.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Speed Steel @ Tri-County
Tri-County Gun Club
13050 SW Tonquin Rd, Sherwood, OR 97140, USA
IDPA @ Tri-County
Tri-County Gun Club
13050 SW Tonquin Rd, Sherwood, OR 97140, USA
NRA Pistol marksmanship Simulator Training
Defensive Arts Center
4620 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy C2, Portland, OR 97221, USA
Arms Collectors of SWW show is back!
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Arms Collectors of SWW show is back!
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA

LATEST REVIEWS

• Curt's Discount Shooter's Supply
    5.00 star(s)
    Bought two guns from Curts over the past 5yrs and quite a few accessories. They have more of the really nice high-end products. I live on the...
    • Helocat
  • Curt's Discount Shooter's Supply
    4.00 star(s)
    Great place good people, transfer fee is a joke.
    • FireArm
  • Northwest Armory - Milwaukie
    3.00 star(s)
    I used to go in often, even when the store is empty its hard to get someone to help, they say just a sec and never come back to you, or are having...
    • FireArm
  • TJ Gun Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Great shop and decent selection, good for a hunting rifle or Glock , hit or miss on just about everything else.
    • FireArm
  • Money Market Pawn Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    Great place, people and service.
    • FireArm

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS

Staff online