JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not sure if this is the right topic area, but I purchased a 22 revolver over a month ago at this point from gators custom guns in Longview WA and have still not been able to pick it up. They keep saying it hasn't gone through yet. However I've bought 3 other firearms after that from other shops , and I have all of them. (2 handguns, one rifle). Is this something that sometimes happens? It's my first time using this shop for a transfer.

Not sure if this is the right topic area, but I purchased a 22 revolver over a month ago at this point from gators custom guns in Longview WA and have still not been able to pick it up. They keep saying it hasn't gone through yet. However I've bought 3 other firearms after that from other shops , and I have all of them. (2 handguns, one rifle). Is this something that sometimes happens? It's my first time using this shop for a transfer.
Sadly no. The hold up is most likely the state and all the paper pushers. One sale can go through in days. Another take weeks or more for the same person. All depends on what happens along the way with a bunch of people who can't be fired no matter how poorly they do their job.

Sadly no. The hold up is most likely the state and all the paper pushers. One sale can go through in days. Another take weeks or more for the same person. All depends on what happens along the way with a bunch of people who can't be fired no matter how poorly they do their job.
Wasn't there a pickup window if they don't respond after a certain amount of days? Or did they already make laws against that too 🧐

Wasn't there a pickup window if they don't respond after a certain amount of days? Or did they already make laws against that too 🧐
Yes the FFL "can" let the gun walk in WA after 10 business days as long as they did not get a delayed or denied. Now what they "can" do and what they "will" do, different story. The AG here has a real hard on for anything gun. So many FFL's just will not let the gun walk until they get the OK. Now unless this has changed the Federal check you had to pass may expire also. If you do not get the OK from the state in time you may have to start the whole thing over again. Sadly voters here keep saying they want more of this so the rest of us have to live with it. :(

I won't do business with an ffl that won't release gun after the 10 business days. Your local jurisdiction hasn't got to it most likely and therefore you wait.

I won't do business with an ffl that won't release gun after the 10 business days. Your local jurisdiction hasn't got to it most likely and therefore you wait.
A few feel that way and that's their choice. What most do not want to get their head around though is they are aiming their anger at the wrong person. Its not the small business owners who did this. MANY gun owners supported this crap then get angry when it finally hurts them.

Yes the FFL "can" let the gun walk in WA after 10 business days as long as they did not get a delayed or denied. Now what they "can" do and what they "will" do, different story. The AG here has a real hard on for anything gun. So many FFL's just will not let the gun walk until they get the OK. Now unless this has changed the Federal check you had to pass may expire also. If you do not get the OK from the state in time you may have to start the whole thing over again. Sadly voters here keep saying they want more of this so the rest of us have to live with it. :(
^^^This.

Have you paid for it yet?

any idea what the protocol is for them buying the gun back? Probably a no go for private sales at a shop

It depends on the shop one here does call ins and the wait is the normal 15-20 min just like old times . The other shop as long as you have your CCW and have done business with them in the past it is a three day wait . The other shop will just let it ride a week or month whatever needless to say I don't go there !

A few feel that way and that's their choice. What most do not want to get their head around though is they are aiming their anger at the wrong person. Its not the small business owners who did this. MANY gun owners supported this crap then get angry when it finally hurts them.
I agree that many silent gun owners support many of these restrictions, both Washington and Oregon, Until it affects them, then they bubblegum about it on here.

I just purchased from two separate shops in WA this month.
Both took 14ish days until pickup.

That was two weeks ago so maybe something changed with approvals in WA since then?

Gators has favorable reviews 👍

Handguns can be released if the background check comes through early within the 10 days, where the so called "semi auto assault rifles" you have to ride out whole 10 days, aka 2 weeks. It seems many places don't call you, or as often, when all is said and done, you come in on the pick up date on the invoice, at least in my recent times of buying guns here in WA.

I agree that many silent gun owners support many of these restrictions, both Washington and Oregon, Until it affects them, then they bubblegum about it on here.
Sadly we have just had so much freedom, for so long, many long ago stopped paying any attention. I have been telling people for a while its not just our 2A freedom. The same law makers who seem to hate 2A freedom of course go after our other freedoms too. So many who should know better continue to sleep at the switch and ignore it. Until after some new law hits them. Then they get mad at everyone except the law makers who did it too them as they support the law makers who hosed them. :(

I just purchased from two separate shops in WA this month.
Both took 14ish days until pickup.

That was two weeks ago so maybe something changed with approvals in WA since then?

Gators has favorable reviews 👍
I have seen the same person get an approval in a handful of days for a handgun, then get no answer from the state for so long they had to start over again when the guns were bought within weeks of each other and the buyer has a WA (CPL) permit. The reason is several state agencies are involved. They are staffed by people who can't be fired if they are incompetent and or just do not care. Picture the workers at say the DMV are shuffling the papers for you to buy a gun. This is why there often seems to be no rhyme or reason for how it works here now. Its also why I have been warning people ever since the Fed's told WA they were no longer going to carry the water for them to find out for sure from the dealer how that dealer handles delays caused by the state. Instead of doing that what buyers often do is pay for a gun, then when they can't take it home come to the net to ask people who have no control over it to "fix it" and or complain about the dealer they are buying from. It really sucks here right now but the reason has not changed. People need to vote better in elections if they want ANY of the problems here and OR to change for the better.

I too am Curious to hear about any first hand experience with recent very long delays in WA.

Clark County lost my paperwork on a pistol transfer about 8 weeks ago. Pawn shop called them after about 4 weeks wait. County said they couldn't find the paperwork. I had to resubmit and then it went through in 10 days.

It could be something as simple as the county worker accidentally deleted the email application, and it needs to be resubmitted.

Other pistol and semi auto rifle transfers went through within 14 days, lately. No other delays. Just the lost one.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top