JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I didn't find a newer thread that covered this, so it's going here. It's a series, not a movie, but close enough.

In the first episode of Reacher, the star of the show says that the killer must have used a suppressor, because the bullet that they found was a 9mm 95 grain bullet. Maybe if it were a .380, but for 9, it would of course be 147 grain. That is either some very lazy research or poor comprehension.

Also the lead actor is not very good and the writing is predictable. It's like someone watched a lot of TV and went "I can do that." and then didn't. The leading lady is kind of cute, and a better actor, but that's probably not going to be enough to hold my attention.
I agree

I watched the movie Yentl years ago.. it was a documentary about some girl named Yentl (pretty sure) but it never showed her getting headbutted by the billy goat that must have made her so ugly. What a gyp.

I didn't find a newer thread that covered this, so it's going here. It's a series, not a movie, but close enough.

In the first episode of Reacher, the star of the show says that the killer must have used a suppressor, because the bullet that they found was a 9mm 95 grain bullet. Maybe if it were a .380, but for 9, it would of course be 147 grain. That is either some very lazy research or poor comprehension.

Also the lead actor is not very good and the writing is predictable. It's like someone watched a lot of TV and went "I can do that." and then didn't. The leading lady is kind of cute, and a better actor, but that's probably not going to be enough to hold my attention.
How many pathologists/coroners/etc. have bionic eyes/fingers to measure the difference in diameter between a 9mm/.355" projectile and a .357-.358" projectile, or to know it was shot from a Glock?

NCIS did this all the time; they would take one look at the rifling on a projectile and then assert that it was shot not just from a Glock, but from a specific model. Ditto with the casings.

Then there are the police shows (e.g., Longmire that takes place in Wyoming) that report a gun was unregistered in a state that doesn't require registration.

Did a quick scan and didn't see it so here goes. Vehicle cruising down the road, chasing or being chased or just cruising. They show a shot of the drivers compartment and the gear selector is clearly in park. I see it all the time!!

On the most recent episode of CSI Vegas, the CSI not only could tell the victim was shot by a .308 just by looking at the hole in the chest, the rest of the team figured out the bullet came from a Remington 700 just by examining the bullet. That was some amazing work. 😲

Too bad. I kinda liked that show. :(

On the most recent episode of CSI Vegas, the CSI not only could tell the victim was shot by a .308 just by looking at the hole in the chest, the rest of the team figured out the bullet came from a Remington 700 just by examining the bullet. That was some amazing work. 😲

Too bad. I kinda liked that show. :(
Similar, in John wick 3 when the non binary, bisexual adjudicator woman-man thing looks at the previous movie bad guy's dead body, it's determined he was shot in the head by a .45 ACP.

How could one determine that just looking at a hole?

I was watching a TV program the other night and one of the characters was carrying an old-style double barrel shotgun with exposed hammers. Everything was fine until he saw the bad guy, pulled back the triggers, and then there was a pump/racking the forearm sound.

Oh, brother...

Only superseded by cocking/pulling the trigger back sound on a Glock!

Did a quick scan and didn't see it so here goes. Vehicle cruising down the road, chasing or being chased or just cruising. They show a shot of the drivers compartment and the gear selector is clearly in park. I see it all the time!!
In the chase scene in Bullitt, the black Dodge Charger lost 5 hubcaps.

I think there was also a scene in Bullitt where some guy is tearing up the road, banging gears and revving a little between shifts, and then when the show the interior of the car it's an automatic.

I watched the movie Yentl years ago.. it was a documentary about some girl named Yentl (pretty sure) but it never showed her getting headbutted by the billy goat that must have made her so ugly. What a gyp.
The first episode of Fallout they promised violence and nudity. Then this cute chick turns out to be the lead character. Probably has something perky going on under that uniform. The only nudity in the whole episode is some dude's butt. WTF 🤷‍♂️

The first episode of Fallout they promised violence and nudity. Then this cute chick turns out to be the lead character. Probably has something perky going on under that uniform. The only nudity in the whole episode is some dude's butt. WTF 🤷‍♂️
Is called marketing hook :s0140:

Edit. They never differentiate between "female full frontal" or "random dude's butt" or "implied" nudity :rolleyes:

First Blood Part 2 (AKA Rambo); the chasing helicopter loses rocket pods and still has them back on later.

Rambo firing the M60 whose belt goes one way then reverse

Edit. Nobody apparently got hurt by the massive backblast of the LAW fired from the huey cockpit area

In the opening of the Burt renolds movie Gator he is shown banging on the gears working the clutch and all on a 4 speed, when he gets were he's going he puts the column shifter in park.

Palate cleanser!

Don't you just love when someone does it right and gets the details CORRECT?

Road to Perdition, Public enemies , 1917 , The Revenant , Apocalypto.

Cars , fabric, buttons, cigarettes, food, stemware , furniture, building materials.
This is dedication to the craft.

It may drive my wife nuts, but I can't keep quiet during a movie when I see some horrible gun flaw. Like this one below.... I mean you spent how much on a movie cover and they can't put a rear sight on?

What bugs you?
View attachment 530039
I can't stand Tim Roth. They always make him out liek he is a superhero. There was one movie where he was an old little dude but somehow could beat the crap out of everybody. It was laughably bad. It's not that he is a bad actor. It's more how he is cast I guess.

Lunchbox (I used to have this!) With a RPG on a M60 :s0140: il_fullxfull.5585648993_t8fw.jpg

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top