JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bad bad bullpups.... Muzzelite bullpups. :cool:

Total Recall
TR_135.jpg
600px-TotalR_129.jpg
600px-TotalR_183.jpg
600px-TotalR_197.jpg

total-recall.jpg
hqdefault.jpg
1582350692550.png
1582352311994.png

Last Edited:
As much as I love the movie The Outlaw Josey Wales...there are some flaws.....but I overlook 'em.
Its just too damn good of a story.....the novel is worth searching out as well.
Andy

How about this one Andy? Should be right up your alley!
1582387706078.png

That country is my old stomping ground. We used to ride our bikes all over those parts. Very familiar to me when I watch the movie. Good times, all locked up to motorized travel now.

How about this one Andy? Should be right up your alley!
View attachment 662443

That country is my old stomping ground. We used to ride our bikes all over those parts. Very familiar to me when I watch the movie. Good times, all locked up to motorized travel now.
Oh Yeah....Jeremiah Johnson is my favorite movie of all...
And yep flaws aplenty....Funny what one overlooks when one enjoys a movie....:D
Andy

OTOH

Michael Mann, director of Miami Vice, Heat, Collateral, gets it right most of the time.

You can find clips on youtube of his actors running through live fire drills for the scenes in their movies.

In the Kingdom, he had Jamie Foxx and his team learn CQB the hard way. They had simunitions and they had to enter a maze filled with operators with paintball guns. They would come out, all covered with hits. "Ok, whadya learn? Try it again!"

Dale Dye is another Hollywood gun guy who gets it right...usually
That said the following may not have been his decision....
The use of the Marine Corps Sniper variant 1903 in Saving Ryan's Privates , does bug me a bit.
Andy

Dale Dye is another Hollywood gun guy who gets it right...usually
That said the following may not have been his decision....
The use of the Marine Corps Sniper variant 1903 in Saving Ryan's Privates , does bug me a bit.
Andy

Excuse my ignorance Andy. Why? Should have been an 03 A3?

Only being in the firearms fun for 10 years has it's exciting parts, AND disappointing parts. Unfortunately, learning what guns don't fit in places can detract from the enjoyment. Then there's the excitement of recognizing guns in movies that I know from sight and those I actually own! There's a problem trying to identify guns in movies when I don't get to see them long enough, or in proper light, to ID them.

Excuse my ignorance Andy. Why? Should have been an 03 A3?
Mike
The Army Sniper variant in WWII was a 03A4...
Which was a 03A3 without sights , and a Weaver 330 scope* , Redfield JR mounts and special placement of roll markings...
*Some rare versions used a Lyman Alaskan scope...A few were issued with the Scope that was used on the M1 C and D rifles and even fewer had a Post War French issue scope.....
Andy

Mike
Which was a 03A3 without sights , and a Weaver 330 scope* , Redfield JR mounts and special placement of roll markings...
*Some rare versions used a Lyman Alaskan scope...A few were issued with the Scope that was used on the M1 C and D rifles and even fewer had a Post War French issue scope.....
Andy
Lots of folks don't know there was a difference between the two variants used during the War and Army vs Marines!
Even more confusing is the various M-1 Grands, Funny Ol War!
Don't even get me started on Mauser Sniper conversions during the war!

Mike
Andy

I know that scene with our sniper. You get a pretty good look at that rifle.

Lots of folks don't know there was a difference between the two variants used during the War and Army vs Marines!
Even more confusing is the various M-1 Grands, Funny Ol War!
Don't even get me started on Mauser Sniper conversions during the war!

You guys are Great. Thanks.

Watching a show where people were being killed, stabbed, throats slit with a knife.

Every single knife sound was on steel. Yes, even a neck slit.

Watching a show where people were being killed, stabbed, throats slit with a knife.

Every single knife sound was on steel. Yes, even a neck slit.
Watch the interview for Lord of the Rings with Christopher Lee some time, a former Oss Agent with wet skills, he really rips into Hollywood on Knife fighting and the various sounds! :eek:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews