JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I guess this is sort of funny.

Certain family members, and events. We'll CC..

Latest family event, giving out hugs, and saying the goodbyes. My wife has a half sister, after the hug she swung her arm down on my strong side and smashed her elbow into my OWB holstered Kahr 45. "Ow!, I just hit your.. something".

I think she realized it wasn't my cell phone hanging on my belt under my shirt.

I thought it was kinda funny. Not embarrassing for me really, but the awkward look on her face was classic.

/derp

I had a bathroom incident as well. I went to PDX to pick up my buddy getting home from Afghanistan and I was carrying my PF9 in and open top holster. I dropped my pants and somehow it managed to get out of the holster and hit the tile floor pretty hard. For those of you that have heard it, a gun hitting a tile floor makes a unique sound. Based on what I have heard about how the Port Police are about guns in the airport, even though it is completely legal as long as you don't try and go past the security checkpoint, I was a bit nervous. Guess nobody noticed or at least nobody called the cops. That would have been a real PITA.

Thankfully not yet. Only time I can remember anything sort of, kind of like that was just being uncovered at a restaurant booth one time for a couple of minutes. Nothing major.

I was in a bank, on my cell with a family member trying to get her account number so i could deposit some cash in her account. Being a lefty, i need to hold down the right side of a piece of paper when i write. Long story short, i had my cell to my right ear, right elbow on the deposit slip, writing with my left hand. Turns out my shirt pulled up, fully exposing my G-19 to God and everyone in the bank. When i realized what had happened i just pulled my shirt down, over my firearm and got in line. When it was my turn at the counter, the teller was visible nervous until i told her i wanted to make a deposit. At that point, i slid her the slip and the cash. She just smiled, gave me a receipt and said "Thank you!"

Lefty.

Good Lord, you people need a back-story for everything, don't you? I'm a stay at home dad/full-time student finishing my degree online. This means I'm NORMALLY sitting at my computer at HOME in a RURAL area with a fenced property and 2 CCTV cameras covering both entrances to the home.

Hence, I NORMALLY do not carry with a round chambered. I keep it on me, all the time, but I don't want my youngest children blowing the (I'll censor it for you) bubblegum out of me or their siblings if I choose to actually physically interact with them. A 2 year old can deactivate a safety, be it intentional or not, but all the toddlers I know aren't nearly strong enough to rack the slide on a full frame .45.

(caps added for emphasis, not 'yelling')

I carry for the purpose of protecting my family, not myself. Unlike some folks who carry that are just yearning with every fiber of their being that a terrorist is going to storm Bi-Mart and they can mow 'em down in a quick draw, I pray I never have to use my weapon with deadly force. I believe it's my choice whether to carry with a round chambered or not. There are plenty of fellow CHL holders I've met and talked with who do the same. Sorry for my honesty.

Mr. Redcap: I'm sure you've held a mil spec 1911. It's quite heavy, and though I agree with the short range, I invite you to test your theory of it being a 'very crappy' club. ;)

Round in the chamber... NONSENSE!!!
Air in the spare tire... NONSENSE!!!

I carry with a round in the chamber. When I need my firearm I want it to be in go mode right away. I am not waiting for when a terrorist is going to storm Bi-Mart and I can mow 'em down in a quick draw, I am just want to make sure that myself and my love ones have the best chance of making it through unknown events that hopefully will never arise.

Carry how you wish. Its your god given choice. I'll just do things my way and be another one of "those guys" waiting to have an O.K. Corral shootout at Walmart...

Round in the chamber... NONSENSE!!!
Air in the spare tire... NONSENSE!!!

I carry with a round in the chamber. When I need my firearm I want it to be in go mode right away. I am not waiting for when a terrorist is going to storm Bi-Mart and I can mow 'em down in a quick draw, I am just want to make sure that myself and my love ones have the best chance of making it through unknown events that hopefully will never arise.

Carry how you wish. Its your god given choice. I'll just do things my way and be another one of "those guys" waiting to have an O.K. Corral shootout at Walmart...

Cool. The thread you are looking for is over here: http://www.northwestfirearms.com/strategies-tactics-training/75263-people-who-carry-keep-round-chambered-all-times-chamber-empty.html

I was in a bank, on my cell with a family member trying to get her account number so i could deposit some cash in her account. Being a lefty, i need to hold down the right side of a piece of paper when i write. Long story short, i had my cell to my right ear, right elbow on the deposit slip, writing with my left hand. Turns out my shirt pulled up, fully exposing my G-19 to God and everyone in the bank. When i realized what had happened i just pulled my shirt down, over my firearm and got in line. When it was my turn at the counter, the teller was visible nervous until i told her i wanted to make a deposit. At that point, i slid her the slip and the cash. She just smiled, gave me a receipt and said "Thank you!"

Lefty.

How is that embarrassing?

How is that embarrassing?

What was embarrassing for me was the anxiety and fear i might have instilled on 12 people that were just doing their job or just handling their business at the bank that day.

BTW, the only time i don't have one in the pipe is, when I'm cleaning it or changing mags.

Lefty.

Last Edited:
Ok, I once carried all day with one in the pipe and no mag in weapon. Not till I reached to show my weapon to a shooter did I discover my opps. Thank go I was at the range and plenty of backup.

You were likely the most nervous person there. /shrug

No, not so much. I'm a 20 year combat vet of So-Cal (Absolutely no disrespect to actual combat Veterans intended) last time i was "nervous" was in 1983, the first time i got jumped by mexican gang bangers.

The other thing to consider is, though i have a CHL and was not doing anything illegal, I'm still representing gun owners. And i think it's a safe assumption that at least one of the people there went home and told their significant other about the guy with a gun at the bank.

Lefty.

What was your most embarrassing moment carrying concealed?

Too many to count...

1) Putting a .357 Mag in a car door of my 87 Camero (thank GOD it didn't go through).

2) I had this thin IWB holster for my Glock 27 that had a hole for the barrel to fit the full size model. I threw my Glock 22 in it and was practice drawing and fireing techniques at the range. After fireing off a mag and reloading, I reholstered it. Still have a burn mark on the right side of my hip.

3) My Glock 27 hopped out of my waistband while still in the holster when I was doing jumping jacks in a public park (this made my reassess my holster from an uncle mikes to a crossbreed).

There were also some interesting times with my trying different carry methods...I still have the ultra-baggy "thug" jeans that I used to wear when I would carry my Glock 27 in an ankle holster. They were the only pants that wouldn't print! Imagine this 6' tall, 160lb clean shaven white boy that wore these huge jeans just so I could wear a gun on my ankle and have a shirt tucked in. Nobody knew I was carrying, but God did I look rediculous. Then was the "PagerPal". I actually liked the fact that it hid the gun when I dressed nicely...but it was a pain in the arse to draw and it slapped me in the nuts everytime I walked! Oh, and when I sat down, you would have thought I was Dirk Diggler with that Taurus Millenium Pro 9mm in it.

I think everyone goes through these "holster phases" before you get to the ones that work. Hope you guys got a laugh out of some of my experiences.

"but all the toddlers I know aren't nearly strong enough to rack the slide on a full frame .45. I carry for the purpose of protecting my family, not myself. Unlike some folks who carry that are just yearning with every fiber of their being that a terrorist is going to storm Bi-Mart and they can mow 'em down in a quick draw, I pray I never have to use my weapon with deadly force.

Insurance is for the temperate.
The ill-temperate desire to use their insurance as a form of conquest or gain.
Criminals use guns for gain.
The temperate insure themselves for the latter whether it be crime, organized crime or governmental organized crime.

Embarrassing moments in CCW, lets see, most recent that comes to mind is last thanksgiving my 4 year old niece must be into pro wrestling.

She ran across the room jumped up onto a large padded foot stool and took a flying leap at me sitting on the couch, and managed to bruise her right knee on the Sig P220 on my hip, she yelled ouchies and for the rest of the night tried to follow me around and pull up my sweater that was concealing my gun while I was talking to mixed family and inlaws.

About 8 years ago, before I was married, while taking a CPR/ First Aid/ Rescue class I was often called upon to be the victim who needed dragged to safety, or some part of my body needed bandaging, or what ever. Yes I was the dummy.

So While lying on the floor pretending to be unconscious There was a young very fit woman who was trying to roll me over, and after what felt like a terry pat down she grabs my cargo pants pocket to pull my leg around and must have had a firm grip on my 642 in wallet disguise pocket holster.
She later asked me what it was, and my strait faced reply was that it was a camera.

Long silence and then she said, "Oh" in a drawn out fashion.
Then she told me that she also had the same camera in her purse.

I did not feel so embarrassed after that.

Mine just happened last week and I didn't even realise it untill later;

As posted in other threads around here(ELK!) my tribe is in the process of getting a new home out of town. Well we went to view the place and set up terms of the sale with the owners. It was a great visit as we melded quite well with them, so well that I'd rather they stay local and be friends with us. Good chemistry there. Well, during a very spirited discussion the wife of the group gave me a jovial hug and ended up grabbing the butt of my pistol. She took a brief moment to feel around it and came away with a knowing look. I didn't even think of it at the time but in hind sight it did shock me a bit.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top