JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know you are all tough, bearded pirates with beef jerky in one lip and some Redman in the other, but c'mon, we've all made mistakes.

Remember this little bit of awesome?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzYHKDGg8pv3VKp6uNPDSWvESPCLJcpgCrIPu-oI6sssUKp0UwB066ROyh.jpg

Even the man himself, Chuck Norris (who once counted to infinity...twice) makes mistakes now and then.

What was your most embarrassing moment carrying concealed?

I don't mind saying mine was shopping at Costco w/ my wife, when the awesome used pawn-shop holster that didn't fit my .45 properly decided to just let it go. And by that I mean right by the meat department, my gun fell out of my pants and clattered to the floor. I quickly swept it up and stuffed it in my sweatshirt, trying to play it cool. My wife was absolutely mortified. Nobody ran away screaming, or so much as paid me a second glance. Well, at least as far as I could tell, as I'm pretty sure we set the Costco speed record for time through the entrance and out the exit (while still grabbing a pizza roll sample) on a Friday evening.

There are only 43 more instances where I've felt like more of a moron. (thankfully none of those other moments involve a firearm)

So, that's pretty bad, what's yours? Use the power of anonymity through the internet, people!!

ps,

I did not then, and normally do not currently carry with a round chambered.

My most embarrassing CC moment actually involves not having a gun. I was discussing concealed carry with a guy in a local gunshop. I told him why I carry, why I always carry, what I carry, and so on. I was telling him any responsible citizen should carry if they are able. Then when he asked to see my gun and holster (a Colt Officers Model in a Bianchi Carry-Lok holster at the time) I lifted my shirt to reveal an empty holster. Earlier that day I had decided to clean and lube it before going out that day. I unloaded it, cleaned it, lubed it, reloaded it, and then had a complete brain fart and took the gun and put it back in the safe instead of back into my holster. I then went on about my day not realizing I was unarmed up until that moment. I know what you are thinking...I was lucky to get home alive. :)

One time in a wall mart bathroom i was about to go number 2 and when i dropped my pants the lcp in my back pocket hit the back of my shoe and forced the gun out onto the tile . I recovered it and was the only one in the bathroom lol

I'd be more embarrassed to admit this if I were you.

No doubt!

Fortunately I have no story to tell, unless you count the wind that blew my shirt open in front of the Vet's office last Saturday. Maybe a few people caught a glimpse of my 1911, maybe they didn't.

Your post is timely. I had my moment just today. Spent the weekend away from home, driving around in hilly areas with a snow shovel in the back, warm clothes, flashlight/bludgeon, power bars, serious gloves, etc. All my just-in-case stuff. I don't like being caught without basic comfort/survival tools if I end up walking for any reason. So this morning at work I went to dump my thermos, sammich, list of notes and stuff out on my desk and realized I had a 638 snub and an extra strip of hollow points in the small pocket on my backpack. As much as a HATE leaving a wep in any car, that's what I had to do (short of falling "sick" and going home). The uniformed xray machine guys in my building would've gone to defcon spaz had I entered through the right (wrong) door today. OOOPS!

Years ago when I first got my CHL, I was an usher at church and just before we started to go to the front. ......plop! My 45 fell out my shoulder rig. LOL! Talk about pucker factor! Any hoo.....I scooped it up holstered it.No one even said anything. Because I truly believe it was so fast folks that might have seen something thought I dropped a pen or something.
I had to chuckle at my self. ......if only I could draw as fast as I holstered.LOL!
I've since fixed any problems and yes the draw smooooth now.

The only "embarrassing" moment I've had so far was while working last summer. I was loading a car over in SE Portland on a rather hot day. I was testing out a new mag carrier design of mine (have to field test gear, right?). I hadn't formed the carrier with enough tension, it seemed, because when bent over to grab the chain bridle to attach to the car *CLANK* - my spare mag skidded across the ramp and onto the ground in front of me - while the customer was watching. Younger fellow and his girlfriend. He only said something to the effect of "guess in your line of work that might come in handy."

I had one other instance where, while working, I discovered I wasn't exactly "concealed". I'd popped home to take a dump and grab a snack, then got called out on another run to tow a rig out toward Gaston. Had to walk the property to see if my truck would even fit in the place the vehicle to be towed was located - and as I'm walking back to the truck with the customer and the guy he bought the car from, someone made a joke about meth heads plorping in their pants over the amount of metal on the property, which lead to a comment about someone getting robbed. Then the customer nodded toward me and said something like "well, I guess that thing on your hip would make someone reconsider messing with you" - at which time I realized that when I'd finished freshening up, I'd tucked my shirt in behind my pistol and holster, instead of tucking it in over the gun. Wasn't as embarrassing as it was just an "oh crap" moment.

Good Lord, you people need a back-story for everything, don't you? I'm a stay at home dad/full-time student finishing my degree online. This means I'm NORMALLY sitting at my computer at HOME in a RURAL area with a fenced property and 2 CCTV cameras covering both entrances to the home.

Hence, I NORMALLY do not carry with a round chambered. I keep it on me, all the time, but I don't want my youngest children blowing the (I'll censor it for you) bubblegum out of me or their siblings if I choose to actually physically interact with them. A 2 year old can deactivate a safety, be it intentional or not, but all the toddlers I know aren't nearly strong enough to rack the slide on a full frame .45.

(caps added for emphasis, not 'yelling')

I carry for the purpose of protecting my family, not myself. Unlike some folks who carry that are just yearning with every fiber of their being that a terrorist is going to storm Bi-Mart and they can mow 'em down in a quick draw, I pray I never have to use my weapon with deadly force. I believe it's my choice whether to carry with a round chambered or not. There are plenty of fellow CHL holders I've met and talked with who do the same. Sorry for my honesty.

Mr. Redcap: I'm sure you've held a mil spec 1911. It's quite heavy, and though I agree with the short range, I invite you to test your theory of it being a 'very crappy' club. ;)

After a long drive...I forgot to put my Beretta 32 in my pocket when I got out of the car. I left it in the car for 4 hours, and is was visible. When I got in the car and saw it I pretty much crapped my pants. I felt terribly stupid and irresponsible.

No one was there to see it, but once when I was getting out of my truck in my driveway my Sig 232 caught on the seatbelt and pulled out of the open top holster I was carrying it in and hit the driveway leaving a nice big scratch on it. Embarassed and pizzed at myself at the same time. Went to a thumb snap holster after that for that particular weapon.

Good Lord, you people need a back-story for everything, don't you? I'm a stay at home dad/full-time student finishing my degree online. This means I'm NORMALLY sitting at my computer at HOME in a RURAL area with a fenced property and 2 CCTV cameras covering both entrances to the home.

Hence, I NORMALLY do not carry with a round chambered. I keep it on me, all the time, but I don't want my youngest children blowing the (I'll censor it for you) bubblegum out of me or their siblings if I choose to actually physically interact with them. A 2 year old can deactivate a safety, be it intentional or not, but all the toddlers I know aren't nearly strong enough to rack the slide on a full frame .45.

(caps added for emphasis, not 'yelling')

I carry for the purpose of protecting my family, not myself. Unlike some folks who carry that are just yearning with every fiber of their being that a terrorist is going to storm Bi-Mart and they can mow 'em down in a quick draw, I pray I never have to use my weapon with deadly force. I believe it's my choice whether to carry with a round chambered or not. There are plenty of fellow CHL holders I've met and talked with who do the same. Sorry for my honesty.

Mr. Redcap: I'm sure you've held a mil spec 1911. It's quite heavy, and though I agree with the short range, I invite you to test your theory of it being a 'very crappy' club. ;)

Love to. Tell you what, you can hit me with your 1911 as a club first. Then, after I am still perfectly functional, I'll hit you with a wooden club that weighs exactly the same. We'll see which one is crappy and which one isn't.

Oh you two play nice now. Redcaps point is valad. I was given a chance to test the theory and if the crazy lady rushing my truck had been a real threat i would not have been able to draw and rack the slide from a seated position before the attack . It was only threatcon knife lol

Love to. Tell you what, you can hit me with your 1911 as a club first. Then, after I am still perfectly functional, I'll hit you with a wooden club that weighs exactly the same. We'll see which one is crappy and which one isn't.

So glad you addressed the rest of my post. Take off your angry hat and put on your fuzzy slippers, already so we can get back to point of my thread. If you've never had an embarrassing moment carrying, and you can't locate your funny bone, then go find another thread to defecate on.

Speaking of funny bones, I was sport'n my compact 1911, like always, and was at the grocery store during rush hour. I sometimes carry it in a high riding no-cant pancake holster at about 2:30 and was doing so this day. While in line at the checkout, during the emptying of the shopping cart onto the checkout conveyer belt thingy, I managed to smack my funny bone hard on the rear sight of the gun. It was bad, real bad. My right arm went numb and my eyes watered-up. Could not flirt with the checkout girl like I normally do, probably looked like I was having a stroke or something.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top