JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Heh.... my most embarrassing moment (so far) was the first time I carried... or at least it's embarrassing when I think back on it. Hadn't a clue as to how to carry properly. But I had my holster and mag holster, so I thought I'd see what it was like. Yeah... Glock went into the holster, trigger locked back, no mag in the gun. Mag went into the mag holster on my belt. Yeah. Don't ask..... I was obviously taking the "shouldn't carry loaded" too literally. And for anyone reading this and wondering how someone could get a CPL and carry without training, WA State only requires fingerprints, background check for CPL. You don't have to take any classes, though obviously you should!

For the record, I carry everywhere, IWB, chambered round, in my house... well, except for today, because I forgot to grab my gun on the way out the door to walk my daughter down to the bus stop.

The other thing to consider is, though i have a CHL and was not doing anything illegal, I'm still representing gun owners. And i think it's a safe assumption that at least one of the people there went home and told their significant other about the guy with a gun at the bank.

Lefty.

And that he deposited money and left the bank and his gun didn't jump out of the holster with wild abandon..?

Yeah, the most likely thought in someones mind is.. "Maybe that man is a LEO of some sort".

At any rate. I would congratulate you on the halfway OC, and also commend you for doing a good job representing OC'ers as just another guy exercising his/her rights.

On saturday, I was in Fred Meyers with about 20,000 other people who had not been able to go to the store for a week because of snow and ice and when I bent down to get a box of cerial, my sweatshirt came up in back and I think about 10 people in the isle saw my J frame in a holster on my side and gave me plenty of space..... I know it shows all the time when I reach up high to get something, just get out of the car/pickup, or crouch down to pick something up, and I just pull the sweatshirt back over it and no big deal, but in that big of a crowd, alot of people saw it and tried not to make eye contact, etc. No big deal to me, I don't like crowds so having a little more space to walk out of the isle suited me fine ! I don't open carry, but I live in eastern Oregon so people are used to seeing guns all the time, I never worry about the bottom of my holster sticking out from my shirt or "printing", nobody ever even notices.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top