JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Shotty is at the top of the list, I've given up, it's hard to argue with an eight year old who still uses "pee pee" and "poo poo".

"gun nut" being used by some one who isn't one. It's ok to use it among ourselves but insulting otherwise. Sound familiar?

But, not just gun slang, how are you going to take anyone seriously who cant tell the difference between:
your and you're
there, their, and they're
where and were
witch and which

I does'nt really bother me when people use gun slang because it usually means they are new to the gun game and just repeating something the heard or seen on TV. What bothers me is when people ask me why I hunt and or own guns or act like they know everything about guns and you ask them a simple question about their firearm/ammo and they scratch their head and go HUH? Sorry for venting

The grammer, spelling and punctuation are more annoying to me. Not an error here, or there, as typos happen to us all. It is the post full of poor grammer, spelling and punctuation that really annoys me. This is especially the case if the poster is complaining about illegals in the country not wanting to learn the language.

For me it's all the stupid acronyms. Seems we hardly even have words anymore. Seems like everything has to be written in code or something.

Although I have to admit that I use DGU. Not all the time, but sometimes. And I do use SHTF but that's mostly to keep from actually typing out the S word. You know.... for the kids. :)

who cares? if the way someone talks bothers you then you're the one with the problem, I call them CLIPS all day long, why? because when you say MAGAZINE you look like a nerd, if anyone has a problem with it they can kick rocks, I also bump fire, voted for Bush, had a child out of wedlock and could really care less about anyones opinion, I'll refer to a gun as a "heat" just to get a rise out of people. If ya cant handle it then kick rocks, I would much rather hang out with people from my generation anyways and feel no need to impress anybody with "proper terminology"

let me guess, freedom of speech and expression only applies if it meets the status quo, right? especially in this state, "oh we are so accepting and tolerant of everybody AS LONG AS THEY ARE JUST LIKE US"

who cares? if the way someone talks bothers you then you're the one with the problem, I call them CLIPS all day long, why? because when you say MAGAZINE you look like a nerd, if anyone has a problem with it they can kick rocks, I also bump fire, voted for Bush, had a child out of wedlock and could really care less about anyones opinion, I'll refer to a gun as a "heat" just to get a rise out of people. If ya cant handle it then kick rocks, I would much rather hang out with people from my generation anyways and feel no need to impress anybody with "proper terminology"

let me guess, freedom of speech and expression only applies if it meets the status quo, right? especially in this state, "oh we are so accepting and tolerant of everybody AS LONG AS THEY ARE JUST LIKE US"

Being proud of ignorance is sort of........well, ignorant.

While I don't say clips unless referring to a stripper clip I don't really care too much usually about what people say. I'll tell them its a magazine but in a polite manner.

I also say shotty and shooter ready/going hot all the time and don't care if someone doesn't like it. Neither should anyone neither term is intrinsically wrong or incorrect in any way, shape or form.

Although I dislike what a Saiga shotgun is pronounced SAY-GA and not SAI-Ga. A Sega is what I played video games on, not a semi-auto Russian shotgun or shotty if you will LAWL.

The grammer, spelling and punctuation are more annoying to me. Not an error here, or there, as typos happen to us all. It is the post full of poor grammer, spelling and punctuation that really annoys me. This is especially the case if the poster is complaining about illegals in the country not wanting to learn the language.

I think it's funny when people bubblegum about grammar but can't spell G-R-A-M-M-A-R.

Clip is annoying. Clip is what chicks put in their hair. If magazine or mag is nerdy,well...I guess I and every other jarhead ever are a bunch of nerds.

Another irritation is when someone puts up their junk "for sell". Then they'd like "to sale" it.

Although I dislike what a Saiga shotgun is pronounced SAY-GA and not SAI-Ga. A Sega is what I played video games on, not a semi-auto Russian shotgun.

Thank you. I've talked to a few folks on another forum as well as two russians who translated the actual word and it sounds a lot more like S-eye-Guh than Say-guh.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top