JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Assault weapon ban. The ban never addressed assault weapons as all assault weapons are machine guns, none of which were banned.

Saturday night special, sounds like a deal on dinner at a steak house.

Gun buy back programs offered by people who never owned the guns in the first place.

Reasonable gun laws - aka gun registration followed up by bans (California).

Clips are something that hold hair in place. The only exception in the form of a magazine is for the Garand M1. A stripper clip is not a magazine and it doesn't work for holding hair in place.

People on this thread who don't know a clip feed rifle if they were handed one:
The M1 Garand "is an air-cooled, gas-operated, clip-fed, and semiautomatic shoulder weapon.
Called "the greatest battle implement ever devised" by General George S. Patton:
M1 Garand - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Perhaps the general population was so impressed with the M1 that the clip feed feature was transposed unto any weapon they favored.
People on this thread who can't read, go to the OP (means first post) and read it, the discussion is not about improper grammar, bad spelling, or bad punctuation. People who can't stay on subject.
Now to stay on topic.
Shooting pistols sideways, guns, rifle, pistol, or shotgun that never run out of ammo, people shot in movies that put a bandaid on it, or just stand up and walk it off.
There are clip fed weapons.

Jim

Down Range - What is up with that? - I never went to a down range in my life, nor have I shot in one. Is that a place? I shoot at the range, but when I leave- shooting up range, down hill, across the canyon is not out of the question.
Tactical - A word that is over used.
Strategic Is a word that might have a bit more balance. You might not believe it but that is ware the guy whom became tactical came from.
Buy a gun and use a word makes you boss, cool, what!

The grammar, spelling and punctuation are more annoying to me. Not an error here, or there, as typos happen to us all. It is the post full of poor grammar, spelling and punctuation that really annoys me. This is especially the case if the poster is complaining about illegals in the country not wanting to learn the language.

Ever seen a kid that couldn't learn. Some break through and have Multiple challenges the gifted cannot understand. Just try to read with some understanding we are not equal in every way.

Assault weapon ban. The ban never addressed assault weapons as all assault weapons are machine guns, none of which were banned.

Saturday night special, sounds like a deal on dinner at a steak house.

Gun buy back programs offered by people who never owned the guns in the first place.

Reasonable gun laws - aka gun registration followed up by bans (California).

Clips are something that hold hair in place. The only exception in the form of a magazine is for the Garand M1. A stripper clip is not a magazine and it doesn't work for holding hair in place.

It's even worse than that. While the term "assault rifle" at least had a military origin before it was perverted by the media and anti-gun crowd, the first references to the term "assault weapon" (early 70's) seem to come only from the press, anti-gun groups, the California legislature and people working on or promoting the Brady bill. It didn't even have a formal definition until the Brady bill was passed, giving it a legal definition - of sorts.

So in simpler words it's a made-up term.

"Now to stay on topic.
Shooting pistols sideways, guns, rifle, pistol, or shotgun that never run out of ammo, people shot in movies that put a bandaid on it, or just stand up and walk it off."

And.....the "slang" is......where?

Wait...I think I found it: "ammo".

slang (n.): highly informal language, usually short lived, that is outside standard usage.

(Courtesy Webster's New World Dictionary).

This may assist some here who fervently wish everyone would stay on topic.

No Charge For This Service. Drive Safely.

The grammer, spelling and punctuation are more annoying to me. Not an error here, or there, as typos happen to us all. It is the post full of poor grammer, spelling and punctuation that really annoys me. This is especially the case if the poster is complaining about illegals in the country not wanting to learn the language.

I hate that grammar thing as well.

But what I really can't stand is when anyone refers to shotgun shells as 'bullets'.

For me it's all the stupid acronyms. Seems we hardly even have words anymore. Seems like everything has to be written in code or something.

Although I have to admit that I use DGU. Not all the time, but sometimes. And I do use SHTF but that's mostly to keep from actually typing out the S word. You know.... for the kids. :)

I think you've landed on something. The acronyms are used by wannabes and mall ninjas who want to appear as if they are "in the know." It's an ego stroke. The same people who get on a board and ask "How many magazines do you carry to the grocery store?" or "What sort of back-up gun do you carry and what ammo du jour silver werewolf stopper bullet is your favorite street load?"

Get some of these fools on the range and they're dangerous.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top