JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not to pick on OughtSix's comprehensive list, but if we're tossing back in to the "Okay" category "hogleg" and "scattergun", cuz the Duke said 'em, then we have to toss back "game getter".

It's the real name of a real gun.

Once we appoint ourselves the "gun terminology police", and feel the need to crusade toward correcting each and every word we find to be technically improper, we have then chosen to take up residence where our only necessary household cleaning fluid is Windex.
Nice. :s0155:

I have a feeling for every one poor soul saying "clip" instead of "magazine," there are 50 terminology cops correcting him/her. Are you concerned whether the correct term for what your significant other applies to her face is foundation, rouge, toner, or concealer? No? I thought so. Bottom line is, some people just don't care enough.

What irks me a little is when people pronounce the last word in Heckler & Koch like...um...a male adult chicken. But I know how hard the actual sound is to pronounce for untrained English speakers, so I just ignore it.

Almost as sinful as calling a magazine a clip, or a calling a cartridge a shell, or calling any black gun an assault weapon

When a cartridge is empty, it becomes a shell.
A cartridge, in reference to ammunition for small arms, consists of a shell casing and bullet, or projectile. When it has been fired, it is no longer a cartridge and becomes a shell.

Nice. :s0155:

I have a feeling for every one poor soul saying "clip" instead of "magazine," there are 50 terminology cops correcting him/her. Are you concerned whether the correct term for what your significant other applies to her face is foundation, rouge, toner, or concealer? No? I thought so. Bottom line is, some people just don't care enough.

What irks me a little is when people pronounce the last word in Heckler & Koch like...um...a male adult chicken. But I know how hard the actual sound is to pronounce for untrained English speakers, so I just ignore it.

I had a friend with the last name Koch and it was pronounced Cook and that's how I've always pronounced it.
But then, I'm just an old fart the likes clip fed guns.
The military taught us not to call them guns-perhaps a shotrifle, or a weapon range for practicing? Just because one prefers it doesn't mean everyone has to comply.

At one time in my life I thought "Clip" meant single stack and "Magazine" meant double stack, but now I don't care as long as I know what the other person is talking about. If I'm not sure I can ask.

Shotty is at the top of the list, I've given up, it's hard to argue with an eight year old who still uses "pee pee" and "poo poo".

"gun nut" being used by some one who isn't one. It's ok to use it among ourselves but insulting otherwise. Sound familiar?

But, not just gun slang, how are you going to take anyone seriously who cant tell the difference between:
your and you're
there, their, and they're
where and were
witch and which

Add to the list:
to, too, and two
accept and except
affect and effect

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show