JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
T
The grammer, spelling and punctuation are more annoying to me. Not an error here, or there, as typos happen to us all. It is the post full of poor grammer, spelling and punctuation that really annoys me. This is especially the case if the poster is complaining about illegals in the country not wanting to learn the language.

And in addition to that, please use the most common punctuation ever --- the simple period. A sentence is not a paragraph.
Wifey

"Now to stay on topic.
Shooting pistols sideways, guns, rifle, pistol, or shotgun that never run out of ammo, people shot in movies that put a bandaid on it, or just stand up and walk it off."

Check out the sights on the Cobra.....
Banger cobra.jpg ,

Banger cobra.jpg

who cares? if the way someone talks bothers you then you're the one with the problem, I call them CLIPS all day long, why? because when you say MAGAZINE you look like a nerd, if anyone has a problem with it they can kick rocks, I also bump fire, voted for Bush, had a child out of wedlock and could really care less about anyones opinion, I'll refer to a gun as a "heat" just to get a rise out of people. If ya cant handle it then kick rocks, I would much rather hang out with people from my generation anyways and feel no need to impress anybody with "proper terminology"

let me guess, freedom of speech and expression only applies if it meets the status quo, right? especially in this state, "oh we are so accepting and tolerant of everybody AS LONG AS THEY ARE JUST LIKE US"

Your view is interesting. But it is the same as the view you expressed in your last sentence.
You hang with "your" generation because you choose to use lazy corrupt speech and are intolerant of anyone who is not just like you.

Using proper terminology usually displays an actual knowledge of the subject matter. You seem to feel that laziness and ignorance is acceptable.

So pack heat. fondle your rod, grab your gat. toss some bullets in your clip and chill with the home boys.

Ever seen a kid that couldn't learn. Some break through and have Multiple challenges the gifted cannot understand. Just try to read with some understanding we are not equal in every way.

Never meant any child who could not learn. I meet many who are challenged/hadicapped/disabled but never met one who could not learn.
Have met some who are not capable of learning in your apperant narrow view of learning, but they sure can teach.

However, it seems like your want to excuse poor grammar should be acceptable because someone may be less then fully abled. That is a cope out and lookiing for a blessing on laziness.
Do we all got to talk and write perfect all the time. Naw. But it important to know that your language will leave a greater impression then your mere presence.

Now someone toss out some TLA's about gats and guns and lets get back on track.

It's even worse than that. While the term "assault rifle" at least had a military origin before it was perverted by the media and anti-gun crowd, the first references to the term "assault weapon" (early 70's) seem to come only from the press, anti-gun groups, the California legislature and people working on or promoting the Brady bill. It didn't even have a formal definition until the Brady bill was passed, giving it a legal definition - of sorts.

So in simpler words it's a made-up term.

Actually, the original term was assault rifle which originated during WW2 with the STG 43/44 made by the Germans.

And an assault weapon is anything used to assault someone, like a fist, bat, knife, firearm, can of gas, a water balloon, a cream pie, a glass of water, pepper spray, spit, and the list goes on. Idiots concentrate on firearms. Why? Because they are idiots.

Technically, if you touch another person uninvited, you have assaulted them.

People using the word "GUN" to discribe or refer to a Pistol, Revolver, or Rifle or anything else with rifling in the bore.

It depends on context, but I know what you mean.

jake2far said:
The M1 Garand "is an air-cooled, gas-operated, clip-fed, and semiautomatic shoulder weapon.

Clip? Enbloc?

M1 Garand clip is a clip when empty. The clip and ammo together is a "enbloc". Enbloc meaning "in a lump or block; as a body or whole; all together". Then there are "stripper clips" "hair clips" and "potato chip bag clips", I hate stale potato chips!

JackFrost said:
M4forgery! I kind of take offense to that since I have built my own and while there are areas I could have done better, I am very proud of my build and quite happy with the results!

Guilty as charged your Honor. I throw myself on the mercy of the court.

MrNiceGuy said:
Ma Deuce

Deagle

Tommy gun

I use shotty all the time though. It's fun to watch people wince.

I would give Ma Deuce and Tommy Gun a pass, both are commonly used nick names and have been for 60-70 years.

Do you know why it's called a Tommy Gun? Who originated the name "Tommy Gun"?

I shall cast no stones about grammatical errors.

I keep all my AK-47's and Glock's in the man cave...and enough shells to fill 1000 clips for them both!

You'll often find me in the man cave....playing COD4 pwning newbs with the deagle

Celebrating ignorance, lack of education, or even the desire to learn is so "Bush Era". Grow up, get your GED, try to improve yourself. Learning is a lifetime commitment.

Clips Vs Magazines. It is not rocket science.

"Clips feed magazines, magazines feed guns."

The only exception I can think of is any single shot firearms or belt feed.
The M1 Garand's clip feeds the internal magazine so I personally don't think of it as an exception.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the study of language, there are primarily two schools of thought and both of them have figured prominently in this thread:

1) The Prescriptive Approach: This is the belief that language should be studied (and used) as it is already written, according to a defined set of parameters. (Perhaps the best example of this is those who are apoplectic about someone saying "clip" when the prescriptive term for the item is "magazine".) Perhaps this is the Folger Crystal/Sanka "get off my lawn" crowd referred to earlier.

2) The Descriptive Approach: This is the belief that language should be studied as it is currently used, and as an ever-changing dynamic. Proponents of this approach (the "Homeboys" referred to earlier) claim that improvements and constructive additions can always be made. Detractors claim we lose more than we gain.

Personally, I am not offended by "clip". Likewise I am not offended by spelling or grammatical errors. What is important is that the message is sent, and is sent as receivable. Communication has not occurred until receipt is acknowledged. Slang is a useful tool: in can abbreviate (and therfore deliver efficiency to) conversation, thus delivering the message quicker. It can also say something about the demographic of the speaker: allowing the receiver to modify his receipt and acknowledgement of the message. ("If I know what he meant, he did well in its sending.")

Much more is lost by a person who has not paid attention to a previously delivered piece of information (and sends a defective message which reflects that neglect), than any choice of perfectly descriptive words or spelling, or grammar used in the already flawed message.

("If I know what he meant, he did well in its sending.")

Much more is lost by a person who has not paid attention to a previously delivered piece of information (and sends a defective message which reflects that neglect), than any choice of perfectly descriptive words or spelling, or grammar used in the already flawed message.

----------------------
Spitpatch,
You hit it right on the head with the above

Your view is interesting. But it is the same as the view you expressed in your last sentence.
You hang with "your" generation because you choose to use lazy corrupt speech and are intolerant of anyone who is not just like you.

Using proper terminology usually displays an actual knowledge of the subject matter. You seem to feel that laziness and ignorance is acceptable.

So pack heat. fondle your rod, grab your gat. toss some bullets in your clip and chill with the home boys.

I wish I could like this twice.

It bugs me when guys call everything a "weapon system." Jargon doesn't make you tactical. And just because something's got a picatinny rail doesn't mean that it's more than just a regular gun.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top