JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Im all about that .308 MVP Patrol rifle. :D

Id also like to get the 5.56 MVP as well. Im surprised more folks on here dont own one!

I've had my eye on them for a bit. Definitely a nice price compared to the Ruger Gunsite Scout. Maybe when I'm ready to add a bolt gun into the mix. I do like the option to run AR mags - those Ruger mags are ridiculous in price.

I've had my eye on them for a bit. Definitely a nice price compared to the Ruger Gunsite Scout. Maybe when I'm ready to add a bolt gun into the mix. I do like the option to run AR mags - those Ruger mags are ridiculous in price.
Ive yet to meet anyone that actually owns one!! Either the 5.56 or the .308.. All thats holding me back on the .308 is how well the M1A mags fit and feed.

Ive yet to meet anyone that actually owns one!! Either the 5.56 or the .308.. All thats holding me back on the .308 is how well the M1A mags fit and feed.

Same here. I've watched videos, read reviews, but haven't met anyone that owns them. It makes me wonder if the Mossberg name is what's holding it back. Maybe folks don't think of them as a decent bolt gun maker. Shotguns are nice though, so I'd probably be willing to give them a chance.

I do not own one ... But a buddy does.
His is in .556 and shoots very well.
Magazines we have tried are various U.S. surplus both 20 and 30 rounds , Tapco , Magpul and some IDF ( so called , bought at a gun show , so who knows ) surplus.
No problems there with any of those magazines.
His favors 62-68 grain bullets , but I did get better groups than him with some Federal 55 grain American Eagle more than once ...
Haven't had any issues with steel cased rounds or surplus ammo.
All in all a fun and nice shooting rifle.
Andy

I have a patrol in .556. I got it because I wanted a bolt gun with iron sights. I love the gun, I also have had no problem with any mags used. I have used Pmags GI mags, and the original one. It is light weight, accurate, is a blast to shoot, and has never given me issues with any ammunition. The fiber optic sights and threaded barrel are a bonus.

Same here. I've watched videos, read reviews, but haven't met anyone that owns them. It makes me wonder if the Mossberg name is what's holding it back. Maybe folks don't think of them as a decent bolt gun maker. Shotguns are nice though, so I'd probably be willing to give them a chance.
I bought one cause it wasn't too expensive and figured I could sell it easy enough if I didn't like it.
It was a nice rifle. Like a large 22 in size(this is the 556). Nice light little gun. Accurate and no issues with mags
But I was doing a gun show and it ended up on the table. Clint Beyer wanted it to make a 300 black out barrel for it. He makes 10/22 barrels and I traded him for a barrel and some cash.
But I have to tell you it was the Mossberg name that held me back in the beginning. Now they have a rifle out at about 900 bucks:eek:
I can't see spending that on a Mossy when I can get a Sako for about the same money

Ill put the 5.56 on my to buy list then!
Know anyone with a .308?

My buddy owns one. He says it's a tack driver, which from him means a clover leafed three shot group. Typically I cough Bull*** when that statement is thrown about, but considering he uses iron sights to shoot 2moa at 600 yards with his AR15, 8/10 shots, I'd say it's good, right from the factory.
I thought they stopped making them, because when I looked for one a year ago, IIRC they couldn't be found.

I have watched many vids on the Mossberg rifle, a few 308s had mag issues, mag would bounce out under recoil and a few 223's had de-lam issues on the stock. I suppose those issues are over now. Personally speaking as a former varminter I would be satisfied w/an accuarized AR out to 400 yards and virtually any accurate 308Win beyond that. The detachable mag is handy if you have a one piece scope base which can obstruct reloading on short bolt actions but keep in mind that those one piece bases can be cut away to speed-up reloading if needed. Virtually any quality modern sporting rifle will perform as well or better than the mil-spec rifles used for target work 50 years ago

Clint was thinking it might be made by Savage since the barrel nut was about the same
???
Here's whats up for mossy this year

I can see how you might think that. I just bought a Marlin XL7 for my daughter. The barrel and nut looks like a Savage, but the bolt, receiver and safety look more like a Howa.
I figure, you can't argue with a good design that's been around for decades....

A 308 MVP is on my list too. The next thing on my list, in fact. Hopefully before next deer season. We carried them at the shop where I used to work, they looked pretty good! All the various magazines fit well, although we never tried to feed any ammo out of them.

I think it would look great with a Nikon P308 on top.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top