JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I am teaching an EMT-B class again this year, but we are using a new curriculum this time.

Tonights lecture is on terrorism and it has some "interesting" text.

Under Domestic Terrorism it says;
“Groups or individuals whose terrorist activities are directed at a government or population, without foreign direction”
Environmental terrorists
Survivalists
Militias
Racial-hate groups
Extreme political or religious groups

Then in the "teaching" section it says; "Have each student research an example of domestic terrorism. Discuss the threats that come from within."

Then under Type of Event it says;
Types of events with high suspicion of terrorist involvement
Explosions and/or use of incendiaries
Incidents involving firearms
Nontrauma mass casualty incidents

In the "teaching points" it says; "Explosions and/or incendiaries are among the favorite types of weapons used by terrorists. Incidents involving firearms are to be treated as suspicious, especially if they occur in conjunction with other indicating factors. Nontrauma mass casualty incidents have occurred more frequently as the arsenal of terrorism has increased. Any large number of victims without obvious physical injury but with the same or similar symptomology should be considered for terrorist involvement."

Well at least I am teaching and can fix the problem with this. Also we are in an area where guns are prevalent and not "scary things", but this is being taught in a national curriculum.

Don't they just wait for SWAT to clear the area first and then just call the meat wagon since everyone wounded dies during the four hour wait? just kidding

Well I didn't get a chance to do my lecture on this last night due to time constraints. I will be doing it Saturday though. The funny thing is this stuff describes a large portion of the people simply living in our area.

We ran out of time because we had our LEO "demo" last night and it took longer then planned. They come in and we talk about some of their equipment and how to deal with it and treat them. Obviously there are all the bad things that can happen to us but the #1 thing that kills EMS/Fire/LEO is vehicle accidents. It is good to teach the students how to strip the LEO out of their gear so they can be handled like any other patient.

This year we had 2 class members volunteer to be shot with a taser. The class had a great time.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top